Never been more excited about Coastal

Syracuse?

Syracuse????

Syracuse is 66th in SP+, had 360 yards against Liberty, and gave up 650 to Maryland.

Say what you want about Clemson and how a potential ACCCG would go, but you gotta get all the ******* way outta here saying Syracuse is better than anybody.
Nobody here watches CFB. They watch the first quarter of Canes games and then make up their mind for how the rest of the game went. This website is getting more pathetic every day.

Advertisement
You are outside your mind. Maryland beat Syracuse by 6 touchdowns and laid an egg against Temple on Saturday. Suracuse struggled to beat Liberty. Syracuse is awful so far this year.

OP is another one that would prefer not to win our division.

By that rationale, Maryland is better than Clemson since they beat them worse. I’ll take a step back and say we are in the same league as Syracuse

Go back and watch Jarren against UNC. Best QB North of ****..

All we need is for our DBs to stop getting beat bad on critical downs and/or for explosive plays.

Baxa is acting a donkey so far this season. Maybe he's pledging to be in a frat and being hazed. **** is annoying either way.

He’s into the mob for 100k, like Nigel gruff

After CMU I expect us to lose every game. I learned after the first two weeks it just makes dealing with the pain easier and the wins a pleasant surprise.

Advertisement
I just don’t understand this “let’s not play Clemson because we might lose badly” mentality, it sounds so effing lame. There must be a lot of dudes with real ugly women on here.
Agree. I can't stand hearing it! We're in the coastal, obviously our goal every single year is to get the Charlotte and hopefully win the thing. This idea we are better off not getting there (which means we lost a weak division) is the very definition of asinine.

CAnt be serious...We are worse than Syracuse and they beat them by 35, so it would be another huge embarassing failure

I'll be hugely disappointed if we're not head & shoulders better at the end of the season than we are right now. I think our downfalls this season come more from inexperience than lack of talent. And it's top to bottom, from coaching to the players and on down. Our coaching will be better. Manny will be doing things with 10+ games under his belt. The dozen or so freshmen getting burn will be much further down the line in their development. You guys do realize we only have 1 SR starter on offense, and 4 on defense. I absolutely hate the fact that we lost our first 2 games, but make no mistake about it, WE WILL GET BETTER! It's looking like it's only up from here.

GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Agree. I can't stand hearing it! We're in the coastal, obviously our goal every single year is to get the Charlotte and hopefully win the thing. This idea we are better off not getting there (which means we lost a weak division) is the very definition of asinine.
Did getting blown out by them 2 years ago hurt recruiting? Nope had our best class in a decade... but going 7-6 and not even making it to Charlotte sure as **** did, what a loser mentality I can’t stand it!

Advertisement
Football games are funny - I was at the ACC Title game. It's 7-0 Clemson, we punt and they fumble in their territory, then we get a couple of penalties, and we miss a FG or it would be 7-3. Later Rosier throws about a 40 yard pass on 3rd and 5 and it hits #4 Thomas in both hands, he drops it. Feagles shanks a 16 yard punt in that first half somewhere in there while we maybe still stood a chance. The final straw was, they threw a long completion, their WR gets stripped, fumbles and one of our DBs has it for a second, then it pops out and back to the WR. After that the football gods felt we stuck around too long and Clemson left us in the dust.

You read all of that, and you see it as luck.

I read it, and I see a difference in heart, character, and will between the two teams.

Clemson is better coached, more talented, and their kids aren’t from Florida, which means they understand what it means to be tough.

If we played Clemson again, we’d lose by 40. We lost to the Gators and a 2-10 UNC team. That’s that.

Right now Syracuse has a better defense than us, but Lawrence and the OL looked very exploitable in that game. Our offense is much better than Cuse's but if we played Clemson and the pass rush continued its struggles we'd get torched by Ross and Higgins.

Advertisement
Some people here forget that it's our team that plays these games not the porsters here... and I don't think our team will give up a chance to play Clemson (or whoever) because they feel unworthy. Also, let's not be so hasty to think that because we're 1-2 that we can't play decently down the stretch. Way too many here love too be fatalists and take some pleasure in the team's demise.

In the extremely unlikely event that we are able to make it to the ACC CG, I will praise this staff no matter the result against Clemson, especially if they follow it up with a bowl win and a top 15 recruiting class (a class that has OTs, DTs, LBs & DBs). That'd show me a lot.

Right now Syracuse has a better defense than us, but Lawrence and the OL looked very exploitable in that game. Our offense is much better than Cuse's but if we played Clemson and the pass rush continued its struggles we'd get torched by Ross and Higgins.

Syracuse? They've been gashed all year.

Advertisement
In the extremely unlikely event that we are able to make it to the ACC CG, I will praise this staff no matter the result against Clemson, especially if they follow it up with a bowl win and a top 15 recruiting class (a class that has OTs, DTs, LBs & DBs). That'd show me a lot.
Just for the sake of argument, why do you say that it's "extremely unlikely" that we go to the ACCC. Both UNC and UVA have probable losses especially to Clemson and ND respectively. For us the UVA game is real big... getting past them we could edge out the other Coastals and play for the ACCC... not a far fetched scenario imo.

Just for the sake of argument, why do you say that it's "extremely unlikely" that we go to the ACCC. Both UNC and UVA have probable losses especially to Clemson and ND respectively. For us the UVA game is real big... getting past them we could edge out the other Coastals and play for the ACCC... not a far fetched scenario imo.
Extremely unlikely mostly because our OL, which I think is a major weakness until proven otherwise. I also think that Ford, while better that Bethel, is no Willis or even McIntosh and thats what we need him to be so our DEs can tee off on QBs. Lastly, I'm not convinced that our team is generally coached well enough to rattle off the victories we need. Kicking game is terrible, 4&17, general stupid penalty stuff.

dance.gif
<------ Excited about Coastal !

Extremely unlikely mostly because our OL, which I think is a major weakness until proven otherwise. I also think that Ford, while better that Bethel, is no Willis or even McIntosh and thats what we need him to be so our DEs can tee off on QBs. Lastly, I'm not convinced that our team is generally coached well enough to rattle off the victories we need. Kicking game is terrible, 4&17, general stupid penalty stuff.
Fair enough issue with the defensive let-down, that I've posted as our biggest problem and main reason for both losses. Hopefully (optimistic) we can improve problem areas... and yes it's on the coaching staff... by the UVA game we'll see if they are able to fix the D. As for the offense I am more optimistic with Jarren but we may have to get the OL to do the most difficult of all tasks... to improve substantially.

Advertisement
Back