Never been more excited about Coastal

Let’s win an ACC game before we talk about winning our division. Better yet, why don’t we see if we can beat an FBS school first.

Love people like this. “Let’s do thing A before we do thing B” guy is the silver medalist in the all-time worst behind the reigning gold medal winner, “We need to focus on team A before we talk about team B”

I know it’s surprising to some people, but nobody on this board plays for the team. If the Canesinsight board isn’t focused on Central Michigan.....wait for it.....it won’t affect how the team plays. Imagine that!! That’s the beauty of this magical internet place. We can talk about whatever we want. It’s really neat.

But please, we value your input, so after you finish gameplanning, watching film, running the scout team, lining the field and taping ankles for Central Michigan, come back and let us know when we’re allowed to talk about the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Love people like this. “Let’s do thing A before we do thing B” guy is the silver medalist in the all-time worst behind the reigning gold medal winner, “We need to focus on team A before we talk about team B”

I know it’s surprising to some people, but nobody on this board plays for the team. If the Canesinsight board isn’t focused on Central Michigan.....wait for it.....it won’t affect how the team plays. Imagine that!! That’s the beauty of this magical internet place. We can talk about whatever we want. It’s really neat.

But please, we value your input, so after you finish gameplanning, watching film, running the scout team, lining the field and taping ankles for Central Michigan, come back and let us know when we’re allowed to talk about the rest of the season.

I’m not talking about what the fans should be focused on. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I’m speaking to the absurd expectations that some on this board have.

Syracuse is trash. And we would lose by 35 today, that’s why I want to see us in December. This is a team that should improve a lot throughout the season.

Yea this team reminds me of ken Dorsey’s freshman year that team was way better at the end of the year

Advertisement
You read all of that, and you see it as luck.

I read it, and I see a difference in heart, character, and will between the two teams.

Clemson is better coached, more talented, and their kids aren’t from Florida, which means they understand what it means to be tough.

If we played Clemson again, we’d lose by 40. We lost to the Gators and a 2-10 UNC team. That’s that.

I'm guessing you wouldn't have seen Syracuse that year having more "heart, character, and will between the two teams"?

Nonethelss, that mighty four-win team beat Clemson that season.

I'd never be scared to face a team if you get the opportunity - the pressures all on them.

Pitt is gonna be a tough out they played Penn State close.

I wasn't impressed with the way they did it. This isn't the hard nosed Pittsburgh team that pushed us around 2 years ago. Pittsburgh got down to the half yard line in the final minutes down 17-10 and Whipple was too scared to run basic plays. Three wimp plays then the wimp coach attempted a field goal. Oh sure, that's the mathematically sound strategy...you're a huge favorite to win from 17-13 down as opposed to seizing that opportunity to tie the game. It was easily the most idiotic strategic move I've seen this season. Then they missed the chippie field goal anyway.

Whipple was throwing short all game. It didn't look scary at all. Classic case of a 3rd down screen pass succeeding early in the game, and then being the worst possible outcome when it matters later. Whipple continued to throw short, including on 3rd and goal. Naturally that play was wiped out and they had to settle for a field goal.

Georgia Tech is softer than they have been. Florida State is allowing 5.6 yards per play. Pittsburgh is more of a finesse team offensively than recent norm. That is the type of stuff I always look at. The Canes aren't much of anything but at least the opponents are not one rugged blue collar team after another. If we had poor man's Wisconsin types lined up on our schedule we would lose to some of them. The cupcake foes allow opportunity to pick them off one by one.

Virginia is a chore. That team is allowing only 4.24 yards per play. I think we'd lose on the road but home on a short week is favorable scheduling.

Bottom line, right now the 6 worst teams in the ACC in terms of yards gained per play are #9 Florida State, #10 Duke, #11 Virginia Tech, #12 Pittsburgh, #13 Georgia Tech and #14 Syracuse. We play some of those teams.

Advertisement
Duke looked stout against Bama. I like the challenge and look forward to seeing this team develop each week. I like where we are on offense and think we haven't scratched the surface on that unit, but he defensive scheme and execution are disappointing.

Syracuse? They've been gashed all year.

They made a lot of plays in that Clemson game despite being put in tough situations by a miserable offense. That's more than you can say about our defense that's been torched by some mediocre pass games and was pretty much gifted our only takeaways of the season. Baker's pass game schemes would get shredded by Clemson. But sure we have a better run defense for whatever that's worth in 2019.

I would have liked to have seen Herndon and Richards uninjured and playing in that game. If they don't get injured against Pitt, I think we win that game and either beat or make the Clemson game closer.
Dicht was in full tank mode after the ND win. Did everything possible to throw the UVA game, successfull "No Mas" vs Pitt, Clemson and Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back