Nesta enters portal

For the little that it's worth, my season tickets were close to the Player Tunnel. I'd always get a good view inside the tunnel as they set up the Smoke and got ready to run out. Inevitably, Nesta and Manny were joined at the hip there - sometimes Bolden too. But you could clearly see Nesta was 'Manny's guy', they way they were interacting and how they stood together chatting/laughing/amping each other up waiting to charge out on the field.

When you're the 'old Bosses guy' and the 'new Boss' shows up, things don't usually go that well for you. Particularly if you've already had a reputation as being divisive or getting into fights on the field.

I'd bet it boils down to that. And if Mannys top guy was a 'problem' in the locker room, that also says a lot about his relationship with the rest of the team.

Advertisement
I’ve had this debate many times and my point is the same as always. If you don’t have a kid to replace him with, right now, then I’d rather everybody stay. IF the fight rumors are true and IF they weren’t a result of Nesta wanting other guys to be better, then I’m fine with him being out. Otherwise, my opinion is that you don’t toss anyone you can’t immediately replace.
So you don't think Mario is doing his due diligence as a Coach to reshape the roster to his liking??... I mean this happens to every team everywhere.... Every season people bounce whether on their own or by the team... This is very common... Nesta will be easily replaced...

That boy found out that he wasn't gonna be allowed to run straight up-field anymore and he left like...

enough of that GIF

So you don't think Mario is doing his due diligence as a Coach to reshape the roster to his liking??... I mean this happens to every team everywhere.... Every season people bounce whether on their own or by the team... This is very common... Nesta will be easily replaced...
I understand all that, I’m just not excited about losing a body on that DL. I’m specifically speaking to the people who get excited every time we lose a player. Yes it’s a sign we’re moving in a new direction, but it’s going to hurt a little more next year not having that guy.

Advertisement
I understand all that, I’m just not excited about losing a body on that DL. I’m specifically speaking to the people who get excited every time we lose a player. Yes it’s a sign we’re moving in a new direction, but it’s going to hurt a little more next year not having that guy.
I get what you're saying but I just don't think it will hurt us at all... Mario will have bodies to fill the gaps by then...

Advertisement
Terrible coaching would be my first guess - and that (terrible coaching) far outstrips the magical culture fairy in the "why aren't we good?" race. Simply because poor coaching is tangible, quantifiable (leading the nation in missed tackles is not a culture problem, missing a chip shot fg is not a culture problem [not exactly a coaching problem either, but, I digress], running a terrible defense on 4th and 14 is not a culture problem, letting app st wide receivers run wide open is not a culture problem...................). Poor culture is much less quantifiable - wrt results on the football field, anyway - than poor coaching.

Better coaches -> better players -> more wins. No?

But poor culture is also quantifiable. It’s literally what’s talked about the most when it comes down to programs.

But listen, if u think that in yr 1 a new coach will magically create a new dynamic immediately, that’s cool 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 for ur reasoning.

History proves to be on my side, however. Whether it’s:
-Saban at LSU or Bama
-Richt at UGA or Miami
-Smart at UGA
-Mario at Oregon
-Tucker at MSU
-Aranda at Baylor
-Johnson at Miami
-Bowden at FSU

I mean etc etc, mutha fckin etc, history shows when a new coach comes in, it usually take 2, no more than 3 yrs to correct the wrongs of their predecessors. U act like we’re just getting a new coach; we’re getting a new playbook, new terminology, new S&C, a totally new personality. So if u’re trying to simplify the reason we should go 10+ is b/c we have a better coach for a team that “should’ve” went 9-3, u’re missing the mark. If we do go 10+ wins, hip hop horray, but don’t be surprised if we go 9-4 & look better in doing so.

All I’m saying if the latter happens, I don’t wanna hear the bytching of we should’ve hired Kiffin over Mario bull chit, b/c history shows that’s more likely than not. Give it a moment. That’s all.

But poor culture is also quantifiable. It’s literally what’s talked about the most when it comes down to programs.

But listen, if u think that in yr 1 a new coach will magically create a new dynamic immediately, that’s cool 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 for ur reasoning.

History proves to be on my side, however. Whether it’s:
-Saban at LSU or Bama
-Richt at UGA or Miami
-Smart at UGA
-Mario at Oregon
-Tucker at MSU
-Aranda at Baylor
-Johnson at Miami
-Bowden at FSU

I mean etc etc, mutha fckin etc, history shows when a new coach comes in, it usually take 2, no more than 3 yrs to correct the wrongs of their predecessors. U act like we’re just getting a new coach; we’re getting a new playbook, new terminology, new S&C, a totally new personality. So if u’re trying to simplify the reason we should go 10+ is b/c we have a better coach for a team that “should’ve” went 9-3, u’re missing the mark. If we do go 10+ wins, hip hop horray, but don’t be surprised if we go 9-4 & look better in doing so.

All I’m saying if the latter happens, I don’t wanna hear the bytching of we should’ve hired Kiffin over Mario bull chit, b/c history shows that’s more likely than not. Give it a moment. That’s all.
Really? How, exactly, is culture quantified on Saturdays? What column do I look at on football reference or what film do I watch, that shows tangible evidence of poor culture?

How many of those teams in the examples you gave, based on your own estimation “should have won 10 games,” in year -1 of the new coaches tenure? How many of those coaches were able to make noticeable additions to their two-deep with actual proven players from the portal (or bring in multiple game-ready frosh in their first class)?

I’m not going to be bytching if Mario goes 8-4 in year 1, simply because I’m not the bytching type. But I do think a split with Clem/a&m, and beat fsu are not unthinkable goals and you definitely can’t lose to a g5 team. To get to 4 Ls in that scenario, we’d have to again lose to 3 division opponents who we still out-talent, but now also out-coach. That’s “disappointing.”

Hate to see the kid go but I understand 👀 Mario has explained to that entire locker room “your 100% with Manny is 50% with me”…ladies and gentlemen UM football is going to be extremely different next season ( and I mean that in a GREAT way)

Really? How, exactly, is culture quantified on Saturdays? What column do I look at on football reference or what film do I watch, that shows tangible evidence of poor culture?

How many of those teams in the examples you gave, based on your own estimation “should have won 10 games,” in year -1 of the new coaches tenure? How many of those coaches were able to make noticeable additions to their two-deep with actual proven players from the portal (or bring in multiple game-ready frosh in their first class)?

I’m not going to be bytching if Mario goes 8-4 in year 1, simply because I’m not the bytching type. But I do think a split with Clem/a&m, and beat fsu are not unthinkable goals and you definitely can’t lose to a g5 team. To get to 4 Ls in that scenario, we’d have to again lose to 3 division opponents who we still out-talent, but now also out-coach. That’s “disappointing.”

-How about dancing on the sidelines when down?

-How about missing tackles & staying in the game?

-How about celebrating w/ a trinket when ur down in a game?

-How about reports coming out from players that they’ve half-@$$ed in practice, yet were still starting?

-How about reports of players threatening to use the portal if they didn’t get PT?

-How bout a QB stuck on the sticky leading us, and getting a participation trophy for “pulling out” a victory against a G5 opponent?

-How about am upperclassman being on Twitch, arguing w/ fans, instead of being w/ his guys?

Stop asking about if some chit is in a column or not, b/c a box score don’t ever tell u the whole story; hence, u’re able to post a blasphemous statement that “we were just as unlucky not to be 9-3.” No the fck we weren’t; the box score & an incompetent coach says we were “thiiiiis” close to being a 9-3 team, when the chit u can’t see from the box score, using football acumen, clearly showed we were fortunate to be 7-5 b/c “the unlucky bounces” came against sub .500 teams, and the “lucky breaks” came against a G5 & sub .500 team. That’s the company we kept, & It showed, which is y we were called about our….wait for it…CULTURE. Lol.

Furthermore, we have holes on this roster; our two best playmakers are gone in Rambo & Harley. We still have LB, & CB issues. Our DT depth just got hit, & who are our veteran leaders, again? The class of 2018 who were supposed to lead us in 2021, imploded, and the class of 2019 was not only a make-shift class, but it, too, imploded.

Yet, u have the utter audacity to say we should split between A&M (who just bout a Lamborghini w/ new money), and Clemson (who had a 10 win bad season) b/c, why? We have a new coach from UO?? LMAO. Forget the other OBVIOUS/paper problems we have that I just mentioned, but said new coach has to implement a new culture (his words), & a new scheme, but u’ll be disappointed if we win less than 10 games in yr 1 of this mess, huh? El-O-El

Ay, no need to reply b/c I promise u I won’t read it. Feel free to put ur prerogative anywhere else on this thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
-How about dancing on the sidelines when down?

-How about missing tackles & staying in the game?

-How about celebrating w/ a trinket when ur down in a game?

-How about reports coming out from players that they’ve half-@$$ed in practice, yet we’re still starting?

-How about reports of players threatening to use the portal if they didn’t get PT?

-How bout a QB stuck on the sticky leading us, and getting a participation trophy for “pulling out” a victory against a G5 opponent?

-How about am upperclassman being on Twitch, arguing w/ fans, instead of being w/ his guys?

Stop asking about if some chit is in a column or not, b/c a box score don’t ever tell u the whole story; hence, u’re able to post a blasphemous statement that “we were just as unlucky not to be 9-3.” No the fck we weren’t; the box score & an incompetent coach says we were “thiiiiis” close to being a 9-3 team, when the chit u can’t see from the box score, using football acumen, clearly showed we were fortunate to be 7-5 b/c “the unlucky bounces” came against sub .500 teams, and the “lucky breaks” came against a G5 & sub .500 team. That’s the company we kept, & It showed, which is y we were called about our….wait for it…CULTURE. Lol.

Furthermore, we have holes on this roster; our two best playmakers are gone in Rambo & Harley. We still have LB, & CB issues. Our DT depth just got hit, & who are our veteran leaders, again? The class of 2018 who were supposed to lead us in 2021, imploded, and the class of 2019 was not only a make-shift class, but it, too, imploded.

Yet, u have the utter audacity to say we should split between A&M (who just bout a Lamborghini w/ new money), and Clemson (who had a 10 win bad season) b/c, why? We have a new coach from UO?? LMAO. Forget the other OBVIOUS/paper problems we have that I just mentioned, but said new coach has to implement a new culture (his words), & a new scheme, but u’ll be disappointed if we win less than 10 games in yr 1 of this mess, huh? El-O-El

Ay, no need to reply b/c I promise u I won’t read it. Feel free to put ur prerogative anywhere else on this thread.
Don’t lie to yourself (or me). You know you’re gonna read it - and respond to it.

Bad coach. Bad players. Bad football. You’re not breaking any ground there brosef. Doesn’t make the magical culture fairy any more real once the lights go on. Still have to run and throw and catch and tackle - you know, all things you can see and quantify. We were bad at most of those things, mostly because, wait for it, we had a terrible COACH. Lol.

So, again. Change absolutely nothing else - but make a 30 yarder and get a stop on 4th and 14. 2 things that even bad teams with terrible cultures manage to do hundreds of times a year - and, literally, we are 9-3. There is no debating that (well, there shouldn’t be, anyway). I admit, if we changed other things in other games, the record would obviously change. But, again, the reason why I labeled the original take disingenuous is because it makes zero sense (logically) to play your dumb hypothetical game and only take into account the results that fit your narrative.

CMR recruited Nesta, Manny didn't start recruiting a damm thing until last year

JHH, LT, and JM are solid.

Brissett and Holley were misses. Who else were misses? Maybe JF? Maybe? Kid was decent at NT.

And remember the role they produced for Gerald Willis? Manny and his henchmen weren't bad at DLine.

JHH, LT, and JM are solid.

Brissett and Holley were misses. Who else were misses? Maybe JF? Maybe? Kid was decent at NT.

And remember the role they produced for Gerald Willis? Manny and his henchmen weren't bad at DLine.
Who is JM and how is he solid? If your saying Jordan Miller. Brissett likely has as much as tackles as he does...Brissett if not injured wouldnt be a miss he flashed.

Advertisement
Who is JM and how is he solid? If your saying Jordan Miller. Brissett likely has as much as tackles as he does...Brissett if not injured wouldnt be a miss he flashed.

I mean, I think Jordan Miller is a meant for the two-gap. And it looks like Mario runs it.

No?

For the little that it's worth, my season tickets were close to the Player Tunnel. I'd always get a good view inside the tunnel as they set up the Smoke and got ready to run out. Inevitably, Nesta and Manny were joined at the hip there - sometimes Bolden too. But you could clearly see Nesta was 'Manny's guy', they way they were interacting and how they stood together chatting/laughing/amping each other up waiting to charge out on the field.

When you're the 'old Bosses guy' and the 'new Boss' shows up, things don't usually go that well for you. Particularly if you've already had a reputation as being divisive or getting into fights on the field.

I'd bet it boils down to that. And if Mannys top guy was a 'problem' in the locker room, that also says a lot about his relationship with the rest of the team.
For thirty five posts… from your seats… my lord you have a better understanding of the locker room and the reason Manny’s culture/leadership doomed us, from watching the team before they ran onto the field. 😳🤯 ****!

Advertisement
Back