Nesta enters portal

See what portal does. Who came out with this idea.
0556E43A-13C9-4BD0-BB9D-939DF1AD0A92.gif

@KrazyCane

Advertisement
I'm not talking crazy at all, you're making **** up to make yourself feel better. I could just as easily tell you the same, to get your *** out there and play DT since you seem to know what the deal is. I didn't say he wanted to make it great again, HE DID.
Callin him a clown and sayin ***** him to a kid over makin a decision he thinks is best for him isn’t crazy? U might wanna go touch some grass if u think thats cool

Take a breath.

Who here thinks Nesta was going be a starter next year, even in a 4-3? Think about it.

He kind of plateaued here. He would have been an important back up IMO, so it's a loss, but I understand why he would want to go start somewhere. I wish him all the best.
Who did you imagine would start before him? Him leaving isn’t the end of the world, but I fail to see how it doesn’t hurt.

And with all due respect to Nesta, I'm giving credit to Manny for out-recruiting Nesta.

Nesta had heart, but the physical limitations were evident. Still, love the kid.
CMR recruited Nesta, Manny didn't start recruiting a damm thing until last year

Advertisement
Lmao chasing some small bag

Please no more slurping on nestas attitude on here. I appreciate his effort but for what we envisioned when he signed? major letdown
Did you ever consider that management here might feel the same way about you as a poster?

My point is, I KNOW we’re in good hands, but as I said in another thread, we “shouldn’t expect” a miracle yr 1. If it happens, fantastic. But, historically, no matter how good a coach is, when they take over a rebuild, it takes 2 yrs. I just don’t want fans to jump down his throat if we go 8-5 or 9-4 next yr. I’m looking at yr 1 as icing on the cake b/c I know the holes we have. I feel in my heart by yr 2, we roll.
10 wins or bust!! 🤣

Who did you imagine would start before him? Him leaving isn’t the end of the world, but I fail to see how it doesn’t hurt.

Check my posts. Said he’d be a valuable backup and it’s a loss. And listed who I’d see ahead in 2022. Portal(1-2), LT, JHH, maybe the USC transfer even. Probably actually if Mario took him. He must like him. I projected Nesta #3-4 DT when fall camp breaks. I’d guess he agrees and that’s why he left.

And that’s a GOOD thing. Mario improving the talent.

The honest truth is that Nesta probably would not have gotten drafted. He was facing free agency and a practice squad. He needs another year in college to develop. I don't fault him wanting to leave to obtain some additional skills which he would not have gotten under Manny and the previous staff. However, with the new staff (DL and strength coach) the opportunity was there to change and improve further. Bottomline is that a change was needed to even have a hope of making it to the next level. I appreciate his effort as a Cane. Most transfers never work out. He was a warrior for us and a decent tackle. I wish him the best.

Advertisement
I hear you loud and clear Rellyrell on not expecting too much in Mario's 1st year.

BUT in truth, short of a Division / Conference championship, I do expect a better performance from Mario than what Manny gave us in his final year.

There are numerous examples of good coaches turning around a program in their 1st year. The MSU team we faced this year is a recent example. They also had many holes to fill and quickly did so.So it's clearly not beyond reality ...for a good coach.

Whether Mario does so or not remains to be seen.

I frankly just cannot imagine our getting a coach who will deliver poorer results than Manny delivered so rightly or wrongly, my expectations and hopefully Mario's will remain that we improve upon our results of last year.

I do understand what you're saying, but there is no right or wrong with this.

I feel u, but u do realize that MSU team we faced was under the direction of a 2nd yr HC, right? Lol. Ppl forget that.

Obviously his fault for not being what you envisioned.
It was more directed to the people on the board (probably you too) that have been drooling over this kid for years.

He talked a BIG GAME. Didn't back it up and is transferring out. Hope he gets his education but last time I checked this isn't an education board, so I decided to talk about his football career...average player at best

Advertisement
I’m not putting faith in anything.

I also know Mario must create a culture unlike Manny. You don’t think he hasn’t sat down and talked to every single player on this team and asked their opinions or concerns ?

Btw Lets compare defensive rosters game one ok? Opening day 22 vs 21.
Something tells me moral in the locker room will be better with Nesta out.

It was more directed to the people on the board (probably you too) that have been drooling over this kid for years.

He talked a BIG GAME. Didn't back it up and is transferring out. Hope he gets his education but last time I checked this isn't an education board, so I decided to talk about his football career...average player at best
And we have a below average (at best) DL, so for one will miss him.

I’m curious if he was transferring regardless or if he made the decision after Manny left .

I get the whole not fitting in with the new defense angle , but it’s still always weird to me when kids leave a school after it gets a better coach. By all reports the football program as a whole is getting an adrenaline injection, and instead of getting hyped and ready to work, you leave .

Advertisement
I’m curious if he was transferring regardless or if he made the decision after Manny left .

I get the whole not fitting in with the new defense angle , but it’s still always weird to me when kids leave a school after it gets a better coach. By all reports the football program as a whole is getting an adrenaline injection, and instead of getting hyped and ready to work, you leave .
No one knows what conversations took place behind closed doors.... Many situations could have come up with Mario coming aboard that made Nesta have to make choices.... Again we don't know... But he is gone and me personally think it's for the best...

And we have a below average (at best) DL, so for one will miss him.
Nesta was part of that below avg D so changes are needed... New Coaches to develop and better talent to be developed... Part one is done with Coaches , now comes the better talent part... We have pieces in place and more will be added... Losing Nesta is a small blip in the big picture... By fall camp most will forget he was ever here.... Remember Perry??? How much did you hear his name this past season??. Not much.... Same will happen with Nesta.... Good luck to him wherever he ends up...

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!! B/c u keep focusing on 7-5 & not focusing y we went 7-5. Why did we give up historic numbers to UNC? Why did we lose to FIU? We did we give up a 4th & 14 to a bad team? Why did we struggle against App St? Why did we struggle against GT?

It’s not just coaching & talent, it’s b/c we have a BROKEN CULTURE, which needs to be fixed. So my point being is, we cant “expect” for a new coach to come in & just change our culture over night. Furthermore, the ‘22 team will still have holes. Will better coaching help mask those holes? Yes, but again, I’m cautioning this fan base to not be hyper reactive if Mario in yr 1 is not Mary Poppings cleaning up chit in yr 1.

P.S-who r the Sr leaders for ‘22?
Terrible coaching would be my first guess - and that (terrible coaching) far outstrips the magical culture fairy in the "why aren't we good?" race. Simply because poor coaching is tangible, quantifiable (leading the nation in missed tackles is not a culture problem, missing a chip shot fg is not a culture problem [not exactly a coaching problem either, but, I digress], running a terrible defense on 4th and 14 is not a culture problem, letting app st wide receivers run wide open is not a culture problem...................). Poor culture is much less quantifiable - wrt results on the football field, anyway - than poor coaching.

Better coaches -> better players -> more wins. No?

Nesta was part of that below avg D so changes are needed... New Coaches to develop and better talent to be developed... Part one is done with Coaches , now comes the better talent part... We have pieces in place and more will be added... Losing Nesta is a small blip in the big picture... By fall camp most will forget he was ever here.... Remember Perry??? How much did you hear his name this past season??. Not much.... Same will happen with Nesta.... Good luck to him wherever he ends up...
I’ve had this debate many times and my point is the same as always. If you don’t have a kid to replace him with, right now, then I’d rather everybody stay. IF the fight rumors are true and IF they weren’t a result of Nesta wanting other guys to be better, then I’m fine with him being out. Otherwise, my opinion is that you don’t toss anyone you can’t immediately replace.

Advertisement
Back