Nesta enters portal

Trench talk is not something i think you should really get into it with me about.

LT had to threaten to leave to get on the field. Isnt a NOSE..not a consistent motor..and plays high alot. Love his upside.
JHH- GETS pushed around a lot in the run game. He and LT are 3 techs. They are guys good at getting skinny or working move supfield.
Lichtenstein-Not a nose. an edge.
TBD PORTAL- I have never seen TBD Make a play yet. There's a reason TBD is int he portal as well

:pgdead:

Advertisement
Trench talk is not something i think you should really get into it with me about.

LT had to threaten to leave to get on the field. Isnt a NOSE..not a consistent motor..and plays high alot. Love his upside.
JHH- GETS pushed around a lot in the run game. He and LT are 3 techs. They are guys good at getting skinny or working move supfield.
TBD PORTAL- I have never seen TBD Make a play yet. There's a reason TBD is int he portal as well
you think JHH and Roberts turn play at DE w/ ideal roster?

I would look at it this way.

I know there will be transition. I know there will be pains. But we play a weak-a$$ schedule next year. Not to mention, this year's team won 5 of 6 knowing **** well that either the coach was a lame-duck or half the team was leaving.

I think we'll do fairly well next year.
With the right coordinators, they’re a 10 win team. If they go with some OC who’s going to try to make them into a power running team, they’ll struggle. They won 5 of 6 to finish the year because the coordinator cut TVD loose and road his arm to a bunch of close, shootout victories. If we get some ball control and defense type of coordinators, things could get ugly.

And yet here we are, and I am. What a world, huh? And you're not Bill Belichick I'm guessing. We are talking about 2022 and as I said I think Nesta would end up 3rd or 4th guy in. I think he is what he is, and I don't think that's good enough for a Mario C. led team. I think Mario will do everything he can to find and develop better players. Maybe I am wrong. Personally I think he saw the writing on the wall. Maybe he is transferring for another reason. Let us know, thanks. And btw Thaddius Baxter Davis Portal is a can't miss prospect. Don't sleep. He's a playmaker.

you think JHH and Roberts turn play at DE w/ ideal roster?
BELIEVED THEY SHOULD HAVE LOGGED REPS ON THE STRONG SIDE THE WHOLE TIME.

Im a HUGE fan of ROBERTS @Elijah's Biggest Fan ...IN A MULTIPLE Defense he could be a key because he is flexible.

Roberts has more potential on the outside not in Mannys scheme of **** up the field where he likely wasnt as fast as the guys we started at end.

Advertisement
Hoping Mario has a plan for our front seven. Don’t get the weird virtue signaling well wishes. He left and has decided he wants to play at Not Miami. If he goes to a rival or a division opponent are y’all still hoping he does well?
Exactly he’s turning his back on his supposed family
If he was real family he would play his next year here under Mario
Not some other team

And yet here we are, and I am. What a world, huh? And you're not Bill Belichick I'm guessing. We are talking about 2022 and as I said I think Nesta would end up 3rd or 4th guy in. I think he is what he is, and I don't think that's good enough for a Mario C. led team. I think Mario will do everything he can to find and develop better players. Maybe I am wrong. Personally I think he saw the writing on the wall. Maybe he is transferring for another reason. Let us know, thanks. And btw Thaddius Baxter Davis Portal is a can't miss prospect. Don't sleep. He's a playmaker.

lmaooo GOOD SH*T.

I know you would think that because i remember you were full on TEAM MARIO from the get go.

There was no way he would be 3rd or 4th guy imo...especially with the depth we have and guys like Jordan Miller having 1 more tackle than i do.

I wanna see who we gt in the portal though...we really needed that huge nose that went to Auburn...from oregon. Im in the mind we need a sure fire hs guy at DT and a portal plug n play if not 2 if we dont land hs guy.

lmaooo GOOD SH*T.

I know you would think that because i remember you were full on TEAM MARIO from the get go.

There was no way he would be 3rd or 4th guy imo...especially with the depth we have and guys like Jordan Miller having 1 more tackle than i do.

I wanna see who we gt in the portal though...we really needed that huge nose that went to Auburn...from oregon. Im in the mind we need a sure fire hs guy at DT and a portal plug n play if not 2 if we dont land hs guy.

😜

Well, I def didn't mention Miller Portal the 3rd lol. And like I wrote in my first response about Nesta today, he's a loss, he would have been a good depth piece. I just think he would not have started so he bounced. I get it from his perspective. Yeah portal is everything. If I had slightly bigger balls I would have said TBD 1 and TBD 2 and maybe TBD 3 lol. It's a long way to fall camp.

For Miami 2021? Team Mario all the f'ing way. He's better than we deserve right now. And he has the weight of everyone he ever played with, grew up with, and went to school with on his shoulders so you know he's going to win big here or die trying. But that weight has benefits too. This community (IMO) is going to do everything they can to help him succeed. I see it as a self-feeding ecosystem. Right man. Right job. Right time. Great fit. I'm big on fit.

Good chat brother.

Mario knows how to evaluate so jags will be scorched off the roster. If Pope went to bama and Hall they would of transfered no way they would of gotten developed. Developed my *** they are who they are and I like those kids.

Lol; I agree w/ the first part, the 2nd part my g, Iunno.

Part of what made us so great back in the day was b/c of that locker room & practice field. Even guys who weren’t NFL caliber were key cogs in the machine b/c of the culture.

I’m not saying it’s 100%, but 247 has been pretty accurate w/ every team’s recruiting class….except “us”, for some odd reason. (Sarcasm)

Let me go through the avg. class rankings for the past 10 yrs (2012-21):

1. Alabama (avg class ranked 1.5)

2. OSU (avg. class ranked 3.6)

3. UGA (avg. class ranked 5.6)

4. LSU (avg. class ranked 6.2)

5. Auburn (avg. class ranked 10.2)

6. UF (avg. class ranked 10.3)

7. FSU (avg. class ranked 10.5)

T-8. UT (avg. class ranked 10.7)

T-8. TAMU (avg. class ranked 10.7)

9. Clemson (avg. class ranked 11.2)

10. OU (avg. class ranked 12.2)

11. ND (avg. class ranked 12.3)

12. Michigan (avg. class ranked 13.5)

13. USC (avg. class ranked 14.1)

14. Oregon (avg. class ranked 15.4)

15. Miami (avg. class ranked 16)

All the classes in the top 15 have something in common during this time frame; either they’ve:

1. Won their conference at least once (Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, USC, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, OU, FSU, Oregon, Michigan)

2. Played in a title game at least once (Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, FSU)

3. Participated in the CFP at least once (ND, Oregon, Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA, LSU, OU, Michigan)

4. Won their division at least once (everyone except ND -independent, & TAMU)

5. Won a NY6 bowl game at least once (everyone except Miami)

So the rankings are accurate based upon production of the top 15 recruiting schools over the past 10 yrs. Only Bama, Clemson, OSU, FSU, & LSU have won nat’l titles during this period, however, the other 9 of the 10 teams have found other successes.

It can be argued that the Texas schools & Miami have done less w/ more, although it can also be argued we’ve by far done less w/ more based upon schedule & teams in our division.

-UT: 5 bowl wins, including 1 NY6 bowl victory
-A&M: 6 bowl wins, including 2 NY6 bowl victories
-Miami: 1 bowl win, 0 NY6 bowl victories

Our problem hasn’t been talent, it’s been development & culture. Mario will fix both.

Advertisement
I’m not putting faith in anything.

I also know Mario must create a culture unlike Manny. You don’t think he hasn’t sat down and talked to every single player on this team and asked their opinions or concerns ?

Btw Lets compare defensive rosters game one ok? Opening day 22 vs 21.
Is nesta a problem on the team? If its a culture thing then i get it.

My original point was that i cant comprehend acting like it isnt a big deal. He isnt a stud but our dline is thin after manny. I dont like seeing dlineman bounce unless they suck.

Lol; I agree w/ the first part, the 2nd part my g, Iunno.

Part of what made us so great back in the day was b/c of that locker room & practice field. Even guys who weren’t NFL caliber were key cogs in the machine b/c of the culture.

I’m not saying it’s 100%, but 247 has been pretty accurate w/ every team’s recruiting class….except “us”, for some odd reason. (Sarcasm)

Let me go through the avg. class rankings for the past 10 yrs (2012-21):

1. Alabama (avg class ranked 1.5)

2. OSU (avg. class ranked 3.6)

3. UGA (avg. class ranked 5.6)

4. LSU (avg. class ranked 6.2)

5. Auburn (avg. class ranked 10.2)

6. UF (avg. class ranked 10.3)

7. FSU (avg. class ranked 10.5)

T-8. UT (avg. class ranked 10.7)

T-8. TAMU (avg. class ranked 10.7)

9. Clemson (avg. class ranked 11.2)

10. OU (avg. class ranked 12.2)

11. ND (avg. class ranked 12.3)

12. Michigan (avg. class ranked 13.5)

13. USC (avg. class ranked 14.1)

14. Oregon (avg. class ranked 15.4)

15. Miami (avg. class ranked 16)

All the classes in the top 15 have something in common during this time frame; either they’ve:

1. Won their conference at least once (Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, USC, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, OU, FSU, Oregon, Michigan)

2. Played in a title game at least once (Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, FSU)

3. Participated in the CFP at least once (ND, Oregon, Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA, LSU, OU, Michigan)

4. Won their division at least once (everyone except ND -independent, & TAMU)

5. Won a NY6 bowl game at least once (everyone except Miami)

So the rankings are accurate based upon production of the top 15 recruiting schools over the past 10 yrs. Only Bama, Clemson, OSU, FSU, & LSU have won nat’l titles during this period, however, the other 9 of the 10 teams have found other successes.

It can be argued that the Texas schools & Miami have done less w/ more, although it can also be argued we’ve by far done less w/ more based upon schedule & teams in our division.

-UT: 5 bowl wins, including 1 NY6 bowl victory
-A&M: 6 bowl wins, including 2 NY6 bowl victories
-Miami: 1 bowl win, 0 NY6 bowl victories

Our problem hasn’t been talent, it’s been development & culture. Mario will fix both.
I get what your saying. Alot of the regular Joe's on bama play well because they are playing with all Americans. So their under whelming guys look good cause those others are wreaking havoc. Same will happen here when we sign 1st round types that hit that practise field and are first rounders immediately and everyone knows it.

Advertisement
How? We went 7-5, and barely went 7-5. Lol.
The coastal is trash. Clemson is down and was beat by teams like nc state. A&M isnt some juggernaut.

We won 7 with a tard as head coach. Im not saying we should act stupid or go after cristobal. Just saying that 9 is a bad season with our schedule. Cristobal needs time to recruit and he will improve our talent. We have to win games we are supposed to win.

I never understood why Miami pretend fanatics talk **** about their players. Current or former. It doesn’t seem to matter. Have some ****** class. . .SMH

because this clown wants to "make the crib" great again while transferring out when we're at a very weak spot with zero depth

***** him, for the first time in 20 years we get a real coaching staff and the first thing this "miami guy" does is transfer out leaving us with horrible depth. How much "class" is that for you?

BELIEVED THEY SHOULD HAVE LOGGED REPS ON THE STRONG SIDE THE WHOLE TIME.

Im a HUGE fan of ROBERTS @Elijah's Biggest Fan ...IN A MULTIPLE Defense he could be a key because he is flexible.

Roberts has more potential on the outside not in Mannys scheme of **** up the field where he likely wasnt as fast as the guys we started at end.
Yeah i felt similarly after seeing Roberts make that special teams tackle early in his 1st yr. Could make some good money if used properly. Hopefully Gracen Halton along the same lines. Hopefully DT gets strengthened so those guys can get freed up in certain situations.

Would love to see Thomas Davis move to LB if those guys get kicked out to DE. I think him, Chase Smith, TAC, and a fourth would be a good combo

Advertisement
The coastal is trash. Clemson is down and was beat by teams like nc state. A&M isnt some juggernaut.

We won 7 with a tard as head coach. Im not saying we should act stupid or go after cristobal. Just saying that 9 is a bad season with our schedule. Cristobal needs time to recruit and he will improve our talent. We have to win games we are supposed to win.

I hear u, but winning is much more than the names on the back of the jersey. If that was the case, we would be the Bama of the Coastal Division. We have a losing culture, & it may take a season to right the culture. When Mario took over Oregon, between the latter yrs of Helfrich & Taggart’s 1st yr, Oregon had a culture that stunk. It took him two yrs to fix it. Saban took two yrs to fix Bama. Richt took two yrs to get us to CFP talk.

Just don’t be so dogmatic on thinking 10 wins & a Coastal title will happen. Can it? Of course, b/c we play in a weak division, but if it don’t happen, it’s not a failure. Just look for improvements & hopefully we’re pleasantly surprised.

I get what your saying. Alot of the regular Joe's on bama play well because they are playing with all Americans. So their under whelming guys look good cause those others are wreaking havoc. Same will happen here when we sign 1st round types that hit that practise field and are first rounders immediately and everyone knows it.

But, and I do agree w/ u on something, we can’t keep recruiting at the bottom of the top 15. We need to recruit consistently in the top 5, NO LESS than the top 7 annually. It’s a stark difference in success once u drop out that top 5, w/ the anomaly being Clemson b/c they often take highly rated players, but not at a significant clip. They take a lot of smaller classes, but the blue chip rating is high.

If he plugs the defense up just a little we’ll be a good team. We won 5 out of six with a ****** as hc. If not for a big meltdown it’s 6-0.

Here's a baseline goal for next season -- actually blow out the middling ACC teams, and win every game we're supposed to. What's scary is about the late run of Manny is that basically ever game -- save Dook -- was a one possession game, basically (I know we put Vatech away late to extend the lead)

It's ok to realize Rome was not built in a day, but to still have some expectations

Advertisement
Back