Nesta enters portal

Advertisement
If a guy leaves my team, I’m not happy. I’m not happy for me or him. Don’t want him to get hurt but will never root for him.

I agree in general this is the rule but always exceptions. Like when Ray Lewis III left. I rooted for him. Clearly not good enough to play here but hoped he went somewhere and balled out. Sometimes a kid is a diehard and just a reach or doesn't pan out.

The other one I am kind of on the fence about is grad transfers. Like you put in 4 years of work, got your degree, not good enough for the NFL, may be splitting reps and have one last shot to make the NFL so want to try and showcase your talent at some place not as log jammed.

That boy found out that he wasn't gonna be allowed to run straight up-field anymore and he left like...

enough of that GIF
But bro, he gives us max effort and throws up 4 fingers after each 2 plays he makes a game bro…

Advertisement
This may have had something to do with it as well …………

View attachment 171278

Nothing to do with it.

Again there likely wasnt even exit meetings yet. I mean sh*t it said on the 15th any way. I played college ball i know how it goes. Typically you meet up with your position coach, or hc and they give you the run down or where your at amd if you should look elsewhere. He jumped in the portal B4 that. They do it again after spring as well. Which is why you see the most portal movement around January after bowl szn and then end of spring the next wave.

Also all that WEAKLING talk is funny considering we are desperate in the portal as well. Someof these fans need to pipedown. I guess Charleston Rambo and Jaelan Phillip;s were weaklings as well.

Nothing to do with it.

Again there likely wasnt even exit meetings yet. I mean sh*t it said on the 15th any way. I played college ball i know how it goes. Typically you meet up with your position coach, or hc and they give you the run down or where your at amd if you should look elsewhere. He jumped in the portal B4 that. They do it again after spring as well. Which is why you see the most portal movement around January after bowl szn and then end of spring the next wave.

Also all that WEAKLING talk is funny considering we are desperate in the portal as well. Someof these fans need to pipedown. I guess Charleston Rambo and Jaelan Phillip;s were weaklings as well.
We definitely could of used him for depth, but he may have heard some rumblings and ran for the easy way out.
USFL probably a better option for him than the portal, doubt a different team will make a difference.

We definitely could of used him for depth, but he may have heard some rumblings and ran for the easy way out.
USFL probably a better option for him than the portal, doubt a different team will make a difference.
Excellent point, USFL would fit him perfectly in his formation.
Because he’ll run into beasts whom will rock his stability and confidence to the core in the NFL or another D-I major.

He really should D-II and regroup and try it one more time with a new mentality of how he needs training physically and change his mindset.

USFL PERFECT place to begin again the right way.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Nesta is very good. Not sure why all the hate. Did he underachieve a bit? Sure but still very productive. We def could have used him
Not hate just realizing he could’ve done lot better.

Example:

At Southwest high back with Chickillo and I we were coached with science / geography teacher .

It didn’t take away from our beastly training 24-7 till we were unstoppable, we took the field to destroy feed not worried that the coaches didn’t know anything we did our thing and offers flowed in.

Nesta had everything still does for a little longer we just told the reality of him not taking advantage of his opportunity.

When you put your hand in the dirt you only see mortal combat one foot away at best , I never ever thought of coaching when locked in combat.

Nesta is a good kid that didn’t do the things he should have .

GOCANES

Nesta needs to speak to all those Florida kids that went to Nebraska then came running back.

I understand it may be his best P5 offer, but there's just no way he's excited about going to Nebraska if that's where he ends up.

If Nesta goes to Nebraska, he must really not like what he's seen/heard from Coach Joe and Mario.

The fan base and coaching staph at Nebraska are desperate. They are trying to get Warren Buffit to help with NIL money for players. Nesta gonna git paid wearever he goes.
One year of NIL isn't gonna make up for what he's going to lose by going to Nebraska instead of a team where he'll be happy and get him developed for the NFL..he has one year left..I hope an NIL deal isn't his biggest priority.

Nebraska runs a 3-4, and statistically their defense has actually been solid under Frost. Their offense is terrible, which is weird when you look at what they did at UCF.

Nesta will start at nose & should look good there, he should get a Big Ten defensive lineman draft boost too

Advertisement
Excellent point, USFL would fit him perfectly in his formation.
Because he’ll run into beasts whom will rock his stability and confidence to the core in the NFL or another D-I major.

He really should D-II and regroup and try it one more time with a new mentality of how he needs training physically and change his mindset.

USFL PERFECT place to begin again the right way.

GOCANES
So…you got him skipping past Group of 5, skipping past FCS, and dropping all the way down to Div 2?

Interesting…

Nothing to do with it.

Careful with the common sense compadre. I've been real tempted to come in on some of these comments but I'm trying to be less quick to snap this year. I'd love to see all these great assessments of nesta delivered to him. Knowing nesta and cess like I do, sometimes a kid just needs a fresh start. He'll be fine.

Not hate just realizing he could’ve done lot better.

Example:

At Southwest high back with Chickillo and I we were coached with science / geography teacher .

It didn’t take away from our beastly training 24-7 till we were unstoppable, we took the field to destroy feed not worried that the coaches didn’t know anything we did our thing and offers flowed in.

Nesta had everything still does for a little longer we just told the reality of him not taking advantage of his opportunity.

When you put your hand in the dirt you only see mortal combat one foot away at best , I never ever thought of coaching when locked in combat.

Nesta is a good kid that didn’t do the things he should have .

GOCANES
Where did you go to school? Just curious.

Advertisement
Careful with the common sense compadre. I've been real tempted to come in on some of these comments but I'm trying to be less quick to snap this year. I'd love to see all these great assessments of nesta delivered to him. Knowing nesta and cess like I do, sometimes a kid just needs a fresh start. He'll be fine.
I don't understand all the hate for the kid. He gave us 4 years.

Yea...i feel you.

If him and Cess were to study it...he needs to go to a free playing , upfield system again. The Pitt's, Cincy or i wouldve went for a Pac 12 team like Utah, Arizona.

I really dont see what all the hate is about...Especially sinc eit opens up reps for guys they salivate over like Leonard Taylor?.

He did his 4 years and is a Um graudate...if he wants to shoot his shot elsewhere for a year betting on himself so be it.

Advertisement
Back