Nebraska to acc Ohio to sec ?

Advertisement
A decision reversal could be entirely possible, considering that Warren has been labeled an incompetent a$$ clown, info about how the decision was made is leaking out, and coaches, AD's and parents are looming like vultures. The Big 10 may have to punt to restore the "prestige" of the conference.
It would take a lot of balls for that to happen. The Big 10 presidents would have to admit they made a mistake based on fault information. Then they'd have to fire the Commissioner for perpetrating the deception inasmuch as he could not longer be trusted. And that's just for starters.

I don't think that have it in them.

It would take a lot of balls for that to happen. The Big 10 presidents would have to admit they made a mistake based on fault information. Then they'd have to fire the Commissioner for perpetrating the deception inasmuch as he could not longer be trusted. And that's just for starters.

I don't think that have it in them.
When ego, power and money are involved, people will do anything to maintain the status quo.

Advertisement
Three words. Big. Ten. Network.
But you'd have to add the markets that the big 10 schools are in. They're in high density states, unlike the SEC, Big 12 and ACC. Even though the SEC may have higher rating in their markets, the Big 10 can still reach more people. It all comes down to the advertising rates that the networks can charge.

If there's even an ounce of validity to this, why wouldn't Nebraska just rejoin the Big12 instead? The ACC makes zero sense for them.
If it's for longer than a year, I think that the ACC has better revenue sharing than the Big 12. It's why Nebraska left the Big 12 in the first place, and I don't think anything has changed. Texas still has their Longhorn Network and they are not sharing its revenue with the other schools in the conference.

I THINK YOU WILL SEE A LOT OF THIS TEAMS OR PLAYERS ACTUALLY LEAVING THE PROGRAMS AND MOVING TO PLACES WHERE THEY CAN PLAY. I MEAN WHY MESS UP YOUR WHOLE CAREER JUST BC SOME CHEESE HEAD A HOLES CANT GET IT TOGETHER. IF THE ACC, SEC AND BIG 12 CAN PLAY THIS YEAR SO CAN THEY. I DO FEEL BAD FOR TEAMS LIKE OREGON WHO WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY BC THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT THIS YR AND YEARS TO COME.
Let me guess - you are old and can’t see what you are typing, hence the ALL CAPS LOCK. STOP YELLING!! 😂😂

Advertisement
The $EC would love to have OSU, so would the ACC, financial terms could be arranged.

Nebraska? I dont think anyone gives a **** about them anymore, they are in a small market, poor recruiting area, ****** teams, etc. The Big 10 would let them leave without a penalty - it would leave more revenue for the rest of the league.

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to make a joke without using the actual word.

I still think some "search-and-replace" function could be used.
I wonder if you can say “Parliamentary” or “Policy Making”?

When ego, power and money are involved, people will do anything to maintain the status quo.
Remember, the president of these schools are ivory tower PHDs who think they're smarter than everyone else. What motivates them are research grants, publications in academic journals, Nobel laureates, academic rankings, etc. so they can one up each other at the country club. They don't care about money unless it affects that.

Advertisement
But you'd have to add the markets that the big 10 schools are in. They're in high density states, unlike the SEC, Big 12 and ACC. Even though the SEC may have higher rating in their markets, the Big 10 can still reach more people. It all comes down to the advertising rates that the networks can charge.

I'm not talking about the markets, at least at this point. I'm pointing out that the Big 10 Network has been around longer than any other conference network. It has been added to more cable systems than any other conference network. It has lived past its initial start-up costs and it is more profitable than any other conference network.

You are correct about the markets, but it is also true that the Rust Belt is shrinking, while the Sun Belt is booming. The main issue (and this is proven out by the dollars) is that the biggest "conference payout" advantage that the Big Ten has (currently) is the Big Ten Network. Markets do help in that regard, but the Big 10 Network is just a more profitable network (at this time) for multiple reasons. I do think that the SEC will catch up and surpass the Big 10 though. This is probably the year for it.

Advertisement
Abso****inlutely not... Keep Nebraska away from the ACC as far as possible, the ACC shouldn't touch any B1G school that wants to leave the conference.

The SEC would be dumb to allow Oh St in too, fck these lame *** schools who jumped the gun & thought they had enough power to sway the rest of the conferences & now they're looking stupid because they're about to cost dozens of schools millions upon millions of dollars in lost revenue all because they made a knee jerk reaction based on false pretenses.

The Big XII has an incentive to accept at least 2 B1G teams for their conference, although it would probably be virtually impossible to re-modify the schedules for 2 brand new teams less than a month out from kickoff.

The B1G & Pac-12 schools that originally voted NO on cancellation & still want to play should organize between themselves & put together a 10 game schedule where just those teams that want to play & meet that criteria could play each other.

But otherwise, no other conferences should throw any of these teams a life reserve, they made a stupid over reactionary decision & they need to lay in it. The ACC, SEC & Big XII all had meetings, they took a vote & smartly decided to continue to play football, those conferences deserve to enjoy the fruits of making the right decision while the B1G & Pac deserve to suffer for their bad choice.
Yep, yep, yep, yep!! All these “Parliamentary” Decisions will cost them. Let them burn!!!!!!
flame thrower kill it with fire GIF

You do understand that Nebraska left what was then the Big 12 to join the Big 10, right? And that they left because of inequities between the University of Texas and most of the rest of the conference including Nebraska? Nebraska jumped at the chance to be in the Big 10 and it didn't really belong there at the time. It could jump now, but, seriously, where could they possibly get a better deal?

I was speaking more hypothetically like this whole thread. Lol. the only way I could see it ever happening would be if there is a complete restructuring of college football.

The $EC would love to have OSU, so would the ACC, financial terms could be arranged.

Nebraska? I dont think anyone gives a **** about them anymore, they are in a small market, poor recruiting area, ****** teams, etc. The Big 10 would let them leave without a penalty - it would leave more revenue for the rest of the league.
Presumably the television rights deal would be prorated down for the loss of Nebraska, unless they can immediately get another school like BYU to jump aboard.

I'm not talking about the markets, at least at this point. I'm pointing out that the Big 10 Network has been around longer than any other conference network. It has been added to more cable systems than any other conference network. It has lived past its initial start-up costs and it is more profitable than any other conference network.

You are correct about the markets, but it is also true that the Rust Belt is shrinking, while the Sun Belt is booming. The main issue (and this is proven out by the dollars) is that the biggest "conference payout" advantage that the Big Ten has (currently) is the Big Ten Network. Markets do help in that regard, but the Big 10 Network is just a more profitable network (at this time) for multiple reasons. I do think that the SEC will catch up and surpass the Big 10 though. This is probably the year for it.
I get your point. The fact that they started first is a temporary advantage. My point is that they've been able to maintain it thus far because of their reach. But as you said, as demographics shift, so will the revenues. Unlike the ACC, the SEC has also incurred the startup costs (but not as early as the Big 10). Cancelling the season may well accelerate the shift.

Advertisement
Back