ND/Wake postponed

Advertisement
You have a link for that? Everything I’ve read says the opposite

I’m sure they said it. But those idiots are not experts. They’re definitely not a definitive source. It would be the same as if some mope here on CIS said it. We’re talking about PTI, the same idiots that said Sean Taylor died because of his “thug” life.

I don’t know the details of this, but assuming that it’s only six players between those who are infected AND the contact tracing sit-outs, why would you need to postpone the game?

You literally have a team with close to 100 players including scholarship and walkons.

At the very least even if you have 10 guys out, you’re going to have somewhere between 80 and 90 available bodies.

Have people play out of position, but play the fūcking game. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I think there needs to be clarification on postponements. What is the ACC's criteria for postponements? The SEC has there's based on roster numbers and linemen, and they have to be scholarship players. I could see some team saying that they can't play if they lose too many star players.

I think teams should have to roll with what they have if they have 53 players available like an NFL roster. If you have a bunch of players missing, that's just part of the game in 2020. #BubbleUp

I think that's the only thing that should stop a team from playing--OL and/or DL being decimated. OL more than DL because it would be unsafe to throw some 200 pound walk-on RB out there at OG or LT if you had no OL available.

I think the rule is you need 1 QB and 7 OL min. Not sure about other position groups but those are what stood out to me.

If there’s a conference tie break issue the team with less conference wins better b out;
Ie; ND goes 8-1 in conference and we go 9-1
We better be in ACCCG!!! ..... or .....
U 8-2
ND 7-1
We STILL get the bid !!!!!!!!

That’s my expectation; anyone know what the All Clown Conference Mad Lib says on the matter????

Advertisement
I think there needs to be clarification on postponements. What is the ACC's criteria for postponements? The SEC has there's based on roster numbers and linemen, and they have to be scholarship players. I could see some team saying that they can't play if they lose too many star players.

I think teams should have to roll with what they have if they have 53 players available like an NFL roster. If you have a bunch of players missing, that's just part of the game in 2020. #BubbleUp

Couldn’t agree more. Unless it’s something like an offensive line, which has already been mentioned by several posters, but I don’t see any other excuse except maybe if they lose the entire quarterback room.

But other than that you can shift players around. Wouldn’t necessarily have to be 53, but around 65 or so should be fine.... and like I said before, between scholarship and walkons most rosters are in that 90+ maybe even close to 100 available players, so assuming they don’t have 15 or so available for a game, ****, maybe even 20, that leaves somewhere around 70 - should be able to accommodate a lineup

Because I can already see a couple teams in the ACC that might want to say “fūck it - we’re done”

We all know who they are: obviously FSU and Vag Tech

If it based solely on winning percentage, then if an undefeated team has to cancel their game with Clemson, should they get the nod over a 1 loss team?

Couldn’t agree more. Unless it’s something like an offensive line, which has already been mentioned by several posters, but I don’t see any other excuse except maybe if they lose the entire quarterback room.

But other than that you can shift players around. Wouldn’t necessarily have to be 53, but around 65 or so should be fine.... and like I said before, between scholarship and walkons most rosters are in that 90+ maybe even close to 100 available players, so assuming they don’t have 15 or so available for a game, ****, maybe even 20, that leaves somewhere around 70 - should be able to accommodate a lineup

Because I can already see a couple teams in the ACC that might want to say “fūck it - we’re done”

Just saw that ND has 13 players out. Georgia Southern had 30 out and still played.

IDK what the ACC has set for it's rules regarding postponements, but I'd like to add an incentive that if a team can't play and the game can't be made up, then there should be a forfeit. If both teams are unavailable to play because of Covid-19, then they should get a tie. This would ensure that all teams have 10 games on record for conference play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last edited:
Link? Source?
Jamain Stephens university of California of Pennsylvania. Looking this up four ewe eye see follow up articles that retract his cause of death as being COVID. Don't see wear their has been anymore follow up. The initial report is what I red. Caught up in fake knews.

Advertisement
why the **** aren't they making teams that get Covid forfeit if a make up date isn't easily able to be made??? teams that have their sh*t together shouldn't be penalized or season altered due to azzhats like FSU, ND and VT...

why the **** aren't they making teams that get Covid forfeit if a make up date isn't easily able to be made??? teams that have their sh*t together shouldn't be penalized or season altered due to azzhats like FSU, ND and VT...

I'm sure EVERYONE was promised "we'll do everything we can to make up the postponed games".

Before the season, nobody knew which schools would get hit with Covid and which would not. Unfortunately for the ACC, two of the biggest offenders have been "possible contenders" like ND and VaTech.

At a certain point, it will become impossible to push back any other games.

Just did some further digging and the ACC has screwed this up in my opinion. Their policy is that if a game can't be rescheduled due to postponement, then it is considered "No Contest" and the team's conference records are unaffected. The decision on whether a team has enough players to play is left up to the team doctor which makes absolutely no sense. Not surprising, I couldn't find the policy on the ACC website, but did find these articles referring to the policy.

We could wind up with teams playing only 8 games instead of 10. Let's say the ND vs Clemson game gets canceled. A 9-0 ND would most likely go to the ACC Championship game over a 9-1 Miami. What about an 8-0 ND and a 9-1 Miami?

Can you imagine the controversy if ND or any other school makes it to the ACC Championship game having played less games than their peers. A big mistake by the ACC that could come back to bite them.

Advertisement
Someone else brought up this genius strategery, and I think we should consider it.

Smash F$U. Claim we are contact-tracing our whole team after playing F$U. Two-week quarantine for everyone. "Postpone" Clemson. Everyone back for Pitt. Go undefeated and somehow "never reschedule" the Clemson game.

Miami goes to the ACC-CG. THEN we can play Clemson.

Think about it...do we really think that the ACC would reschedule the UM-Clemson game for December 12 if there was a possibility that we would both be playing in the ACC-CG one week later?

For the record, besides the week prior to Clemson, our only two remaining "open dates" are Halloween (Clemson plays BC that day) and December 12th.

I don’t know the details of this, but assuming that it’s only six players between those who are infected AND the contact tracing sit-outs, why would you need to postpone the game?

You literally have a team with close to 100 players including scholarship and walkons.

At the very least even if you have 10 guys out, you’re going to have somewhere between 80 and 90 available bodies.

Have people play out of position, but play the fūcking game. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Have you heard the news today. The FAKE virus cases are ESCALTING, again, today. And Indiana is one of those Grump states which have evidenced a RISE in the FAKE virus cases. huh?

Advertisement
Back