ND/Wake postponed

scrantoncane

Sophomore
ND has covid issues, not Wake. Wake has a bye week 10/3, same as us. We may have just lost our bye week before we play Clemson.

EDIT: ND also has a bye 10/3, so potential to reschedule on that date.

I heard someone saying to expect these Mon/Tues Covid reports from teams bc it gives enough time to reschedule for the following weekend (as opposed to waiting until Friday/Sat like Okla is doing).

Last edited:
Advertisement
ND has covid issues, not Wake. Wake has a bye week 10/3, same as us. We may have just lost our bye week before we play Clemson.

I'm not sure what in the **** you are talking about.

We have a bye week 10/3. We are scheduled to play Wake 11/28. You seem to suggest that we would move UM-Wake to 10/3 ("we may have just lost our bye week before we play Clemson"). Ostensibly, Wake would then have 11/28 open, and (again this is a lot of assumptions) would be able to re-schedule Notre Dame. But Notre Dame plays UNC on 11/27.

You've got some 'splainin' to do.

They both have a bye on 10/3.

what I don’t understand beyond the decisions of just letting healthy people play football, is why can’t notre dame just have the 4 people who tested positive sit out?
Because there are probably a bunch more that had contact and now need to quarantine

I'm not sure what in the **** you are talking about.

We have a bye week 10/3. We are scheduled to play Wake 11/28. You seem to suggest that we would move UM-Wake to 10/3 ("we may have just lost our bye week before we play Clemson"). Ostensibly, Wake would then have 11/28 open, and (again this is a lot of assumptions) would be able to re-schedule Notre Dame. But Notre Dame plays UNC on 11/27.

You've got some 'splainin' to do.
My understanding was the leagues were gonna adjust schedules on the fly to account for Covid. So Wake could get moved up, then both us and Wake would have 11/28 open in case either of us needs to cancel cause of an outbreak. I could be wrong about this.

I did edit the OP to reflect ND has a bye week 10/3, so hopefully they just reschedule then.

Advertisement
They both have a bye on 10/3.

what I don’t understand beyond the decisions of just letting healthy people play football, is why can’t notre dame just have the 4 people who tested positive sit out?
maybe the contact tracing involves too many players

Craziest year ever in the sports industry. No way all these games get played. I'm curious how tiebreakers etc will be determined if everyone can't play the same number of games.

Advertisement
My understanding was the leagues were gonna adjust schedules on the fly to account for Covid. So Wake could get moved up, then both us and Wake would have 11/28 open in case either of us needs to cancel cause of an outbreak. I could be wrong about this.

I did edit the OP to reflect ND has a bye week 10/3, so hopefully they just reschedule then.

I think the 10/3 Wake-ND reschedule is infinitely more likely than forcing Miami to move a game...when there is no plan for ND to reschedule UNC.

Advertisement
Strange. ND has a total of 33 active cases on campus (including faculty). Zero yesterday. One today. Positivity is .7%

Advertisement
I don’t know the details of this, but assuming that it’s only six players between those who are infected AND the contact tracing sit-outs, why would you need to postpone the game?

You literally have a team with close to 100 players including scholarship and walkons.

At the very least even if you have 10 guys out, you’re going to have somewhere between 80 and 90 available bodies.

Have people play out of position, but play the fūcking game. 🤷🏽‍♂️

maybe the contact tracing involves too many players
This says 13.

Advertisement
Back