NCAA Tournament thread

Curbelo had a fine game for the Illini. 9 pts on 4-5 shooting, with 7 assists.

Consensus All American Ayo Dosunmu hurt his draft stock. Played 38 minutes, scoring 6 pts with only 2 rebounds. Add 6 TOs to those totals for a nightmare performance.

Advertisement
Watching Loyola Chicago reminds me why I love the Princeton offense so much.
The ball movement, spacing and player movement is so fun to watch.
It really does make you players better.

Advertisement
Watching Loyola Chicago reminds me why I love the Princeton offense so much.
The ball movement, spacing and player movement is so fun to watch.
It really does make you players better.
It’s just refreshing to watch teams that actually have an offensive system. What is Miami’s offensive identity? ISO stagnant hero ball? That’s basically what we’ve seen since the Lonnie Walker season.

It’s just refreshing to watch teams that actually have an offensive system. What is Miami’s offensive identity? ISO stagnant hero ball? That’s basically what we’ve seen since the Lonnie Walker season.

That might be it but I hope Miami's next coach runs the Princeton offense.
I have seen way to much one on one basketball in the past 3 years.

Advertisement
High ball screen and pick and roll. Where art thou? And Larranaga was famous for his scramble defense, too. Which he runs maybe 5 minutes per season at Miami.

Advertisement
High ball screen and pick and roll. Where art thou? And Larranaga was famous for his scramble defense, too. Which he runs maybe 5 minutes per season at Miami.

Great point. That was the buzz about Caputo when he came here. It's like they forgot what got them the job at Miami.

Advertisement
Syracuse doing its yearly 'sneak into the tournament, then go on a run because the non-ACC teams have never played against the zone before' thing I see.
More than just the zone. On a given day, they've got two or three good shooters. In every game, they've got pure shooter Buddy.

As for the zone, WVU had zero problems feeding the post. It's just that their bricklayer of a Center couldn't turn and shoot successfully from the FT stripe if he were the only player on the court. SU knew that and welcomed him to fire away (or turn the ball over with some ill-advised, panicky passes).

Advertisement
Back