NCAA Tournament thread

Advertisement
The big kid from Daytona Beach - Colin Castleton - had a great game for UF today. A 6'10 transfer from the Univ of Michigan, he has a great feel for the game, is a nice interior passer, rebounds, blocks shots and plays very hard nosed defense.

His offense is still a bit of a work in progress (though it has improved a lot) and he can look awkward at times (tripped over his feet once today). Overall, though, just the type of in-state kid we really could have used! Wonder if we even tried to recruit him?

VT lost the game vs UF but I was struck again by the great job Mike Young has done there. He's got a team full of xfers from places like the U of Delaware, Wofford, etc. who are mixed in with a few Preps/JuCos and a bunch of mainly nondescript HS recruits.

In other words, unheralded players who play extremely "tough" for him. His game management and his team's effort at both ends of the court appear to be the difference between finishing 3rd in the ACC vs finishing last.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The big kid from Daytona Beach - Colin Castleton - had a great game for UF today. A 6'10 transfer from the Univ of Michigan, he has a great feel for the game, is a nice interior passer, rebounds, blocks shots and plays very hard nosed defense.

His offense is still a bit of a work in progress (though it has improved a lot) and he can look awkward at times (tripped over his feet once today). Overall, though, just the type of in-state kid we really could have used! Wonder if we even tried to recruit him?

Well see, we couldn't recruit him either time, we were too busy teaching Deng Gak to dribble a basketball. Just weren't enough hours in the day.

Too tall and too much offense so doubtful.

Tennessee

Get Out Thor GIF by Good Boys

Advertisement
UNC played zero defense against Wisconsin. Embarassingly, Wisky shot 51% for the game, 48% on their 3 balls.

Advertisement
Overthinking it trying to push a Coach L agenda.

Miami should move on from L, we don’t need to create a false narrative around it by using random March Madness madness
It’s not random in this case. This is the worst the ACC has been in a long, long time. Duke was terrible, Unc mediocre at best. No dominant teams and a lot of bottom feeders.

It’s not random in this case. This is the worst the ACC has been in a long, long time. Duke was terrible, Unc mediocre at best. No dominant teams and a lot of bottom feeders.
GT without their best player. Syracuse up 20. North Texas and Old Dominion. The results in the tournament have nothing to do with Miami’s ineptness this year or in the last few years...

Last edited:
Advertisement
GT without their best player. Syracuse up 20. North Texas and Old Dominion. The results in the tournament have nothing to do with Miami’s ineptness this year or is the last few years
All I’m trying to say is the ACC was weak by its standards this year and we still managed to finish at the bottom.

When you see these mid-major players that make you think, "Wow, he could have been a multi-year starter for us, easily," it's hard to reconcile not being able to fill out an ACC roster for several years now here at UM. I'm sure other P5 fans feel the same for their schools but ...

All I’m trying to say is the ACC was weak by its standards this year and we still managed to finish at the bottom.
I agree that we sucked.

What I’m getting at is I’m not going to be watching the tournament agonizing over each player or situation we could have or should have and then running here to flame the dead horse (not saying you are).

My other point was simply that March Madness is well madness so some of the results aren’t indicative of much as upsets happen. (Doesn’t change that we still sucked)

Advertisement
Back