NCAA Sanctions Update

Edited: Please don't post premium material here directly. Thank you.
if its somebody elses premium material who gives a ****?

are you gonna tell people they cant post espn insider articles either?

yes premium info can't be posted. We have been sent take down request in the past.
tell whoever is making the "request" to **** up a rope

so again......does that mean that stiff from sites like espn insider cant be posted either since its "premium material"??

It means that if we don't follow the rules then our host will shut us down and lock us out of our files.

Advertisement

yes premium info can't be posted. We have been sent take down request in the past.

so again......does that mean that stiff from sites like espn insider cant be posted either since its "premium material"??

It means that if we don't follow the rules then our host will shut us down and lock us out of our files.
that didnt answer the question about stuff from the likes of espn

because ive seen numerous insider articles posted here.........ive even seen threads requesting said articles

and those havent been deleted.......so why is something that stock wrote a different story?

because ive seen numerous insider articles posted here.........ive even seen threads requesting said articles

and those havent been deleted.......so why is something that stock wrote a different story?

You can summarize what is written by anyone, but posting an entire article or more than the first few sentences is against the law. I try to monitor things the best as possible and I certainly don't browse through user PMs. I guess I am more drawn to post which reference IITU, CT or CS articles since they are almost all paid articles. If I see a full article from ESPN posted I delete it. This forum has almost 500,000 post so maybe I have missed a few.

You can summarize what is written by anyone, but posting an entire article or more than the first few sentences is against the law. I try to monitor things the best as possible and I certainly don't browse through user PMs. I guess I am more drawn to post which reference IITU, CT or CS articles since they are almost all paid articles. If I see a full article from ESPN posted I delete it. This forum has almost 500,000 post so maybe I have missed a few.
you and i both know that nobody is gonna file a lawsuit over reposting an article online because it happens all the time.....and yet i dont ever remember hearing about anybody firing up the lawyer machine over it

You have an interesting difficulty with honoring the price of another person's work & effort.
its the internet

stuff from one site is republished on other sites many many times every day

Thank you for the revelation.

You are aware that because something is commonplace does not make it legal, ethical or nonpunishable?

Advertisement

You have an interesting difficulty with honoring the price of another person's work & effort.
its the internet

You are aware that because something is commonplace does not make it legal, ethical or nonpunishable?
when it happens frequently on sites that are far bigger than this one.......and its ignored.......a site of this size.....isnt exactly gonna be on anybodys radar

its the internet

when it happens frequently on sites that are far bigger than this one.......and its ignored.......a site of this size.....isnt exactly gonna be on anybodys radar

Whether they sue us or shut down our website would make no difference to me. Both are unnacceptable. We have received take down notices before so we are on the radar.

its the internet

Whether they sue us or shut down our website would make no difference to me. Both are unnacceptable. We have received take down notices before so we are on the radar.
how the **** do they know what is paid content on another site like stocks vs what is free?

NJ why do you have to argue all the **** time?

Its not the end of the world that we don't read the bull**** produced by ITU.

Besides, there are other sites that do post premium material (or so I've heard).

Advertisement
NJ why do you have to argue all the **** time?

Its not the end of the world that we don't read the bull**** produced by ITU.

Besides, there are other sites that do post premium material (or so I've heard).
actually when it comes to writers across the various sites.......stock is actually the most legit

hes the only one who actually has any real media credentials

ITU's source is Sean Allen aka Pee Wee. He is bitter at UM and is trying to hurt the program.

That's bad news in and of itself, but take the tone of the article with a grain of salt.

ITU's source is Sean Allen aka Pee Wee. He is bitter at UM and is trying to hurt the program.

That's bad news in and of itself, but take the tone of the article with a grain of salt.
it doesnt matter who their "source" is

and yeah allen may still be bitter......but that doesnt mean that what he said may not have some truth to it

Advertisement

And that's bad...amirite?

Why is NJ acting like he's new to the internets and what's kosher when posting premium info?

Advertisement
I spoke to someone in the Athletic Dept a few months ago about this. Their attitude was alot more positive than the article and brought up the point, UM did a joint investigation with NCAA, something USC or OSU didn't do.

Advertisement
Back