NC State (Game 1) 3pm ACCNX

Advertisement
I am guessing McFarlane will be the midweek guy, he's barely pitched this year. I'd make Jake Smith the Friday night guy.

This schedule is a gauntlet and we are going to finish the season with any abysmal record. No excuses though. Gino just stinks as a coach, and the kids we recruit are not good baseball players. Like jagr says, their showcase warriors. When the game gets tough they fold due to lack of baseball iq or just simply a I don’t give a **** attitude. Not sure which it is
At some point you gotta have some pride. You would think anyway.

I'm not going to go that far. We had a very good team in 2019 and would have had an Omaha bound team in 2020. However, this team looks just awful. There isn't one aspect of the game that this team does well. Fielding - NO. Hitting - NO. Base Running - NO. Pitching - NO.

Good news is there's plenty of room for improvement.

I think you might be leaning a little too much into the projections for 2020 and not taking into account how the team likely would have managed to squander their talent had there been a season.

Advertisement
I'm not going to go that far. We had a very good team in 2019 and would have had an Omaha bound team in 2020. However, this team looks just awful. There isn't one aspect of the game that this team does well. Fielding - NO. Hitting - NO. Base Running - NO. Pitching - NO.

If you think last year's team goes to Omaha you're being very optimistic. Not impossible, but a very optimistic claim based off what we saw last year.

Advertisement

I can’t agree with the statement “last years team was Omaha bound”. That team in a small sample size did all of the little things wrong just like this squad and every year previous for god only knows how long now. Oh yeah and got swept by UF in front of a sold out light for 3 nights straight. Pitching would have gotten them far no doubt, but the little things would have kept them from omaha imo. Gino stinks as a manager thus far. Worse than late years morris

Where is all this talent I keep hearing about? Do you really believe we have any one on this team that gets to the show.
Was thinking this same thing earlier. There’s a misconception that because we have some players that were highly rated in high school that this is a talented team. My eyes tell me otherwise. Most of the mainstays in the lineup have regressed since 2019

And to think watching Canes baseball was going to relieve me of some of the COVID doldrums this spring - I guess not.

Where is all this talent I keep hearing about? Do you really believe we have any one on this team that gets to the show.
This is a bit of an overreaction. We have a ton of talent. We just aren’t coached well. ADC will be a first round pick, probably top 15. Rosario and Mederos will also play big league baseball. I would also bet Morales and Palmquist get called up as well.

Advertisement
This is a bit of an overreaction. We have a ton of talent. We just aren’t coached well. ADC will be a first round pick, probably top 15. Rosario and Mederos will also play big league baseball. I would also bet Morales and Palmquist get called up as well.
There is not a ton of talent on this team. Agree with you on ADC. No doubt he gets right soon and the other guys you mentioned certainly have pro potential. But 3 of them are freshman and the drop off from the guys you mentioned to the rest of the team is huge

There is not a ton of talent on this team. Agree with you on ADC. No doubt he gets right soon and the other guys you mentioned certainly have pro potential. But 3 of them are freshman and the drop off from the guys you mentioned to the rest of the team is huge
It doesn’t take 9 pro guys to win at the college level. We have more than enough talent to win 40 games.

Feel free to remember this post and kill me for it, tomorrow, a couple weeks from now, or a couple years from now. Alejandro Rosario is the best player to wear a Canes uniform since Ryan Braun. He will leave here as one of, if not the better pitcher in program history.

Are we allowed to talk about Arteaga? I know he is a cane and all but this pitching staff is bad. We have had trouble developing pitchers for awhile. We should have better depth year in and year out and never do. Just imagine if we didn’t have the two freshmen we would be in really bad shape.

Advertisement
Are we allowed to talk about Arteaga? I know he is a cane and all but this pitching staff is bad. We have had trouble developing pitchers for awhile. We should have better depth year in and year out and never do. Just imagine if we didn’t have the two freshmen we would be in really bad shape.
I have heard that Dimare micromanages the arms big time. Arteaga has limited say in rotation, bullpen, and recruiting. Just a guess here. But I think he would have left if not for the family tragedy

Not confidence inspiring:
“It’s an offense that if you look at it, it’s the same guys from 2019 when we were one of the better offenses in the country with Jordan, Vilar, Del Castillo, Toral and Gil, I mean that’s that was the lineup two years ago, and it was a very good offensive lineup,” DiMare said. “I can’t quite put one thing on it to figure out what exactly it is. I just like to think that once we do get it going, we can take off and not look back, but it’s a struggle right now, there’s no doubt.”

“It’s a total team effort on poorly played baseball,” DiMare said. “There’s no doubt it’s demoralizing when you score runs, and then you let the team score right back. That’s got to be a mental letdown for the team. For whatever reason, we seem to score our runs early, and then the offense seems to just shut it down and I can’t figure that out. That’s been the norm for us in these games, we score early and then we don’t score much in the second half of the game.”

The time to talk about Arteaga was 15 years ago. Lack of elite arms is what has killed us in the postseason. As soon as the bats went cold, pitching wasn’t ever good enough to withstand it.

Not confidence inspiring:
“It’s an offense that if you look at it, it’s the same guys from 2019 when we were one of the better offenses in the country with Jordan, Vilar, Del Castillo, Toral and Gil, I mean that’s that was the lineup two years ago, and it was a very good offensive lineup,” DiMare said. “I can’t quite put one thing on it to figure out what exactly it is. I just like to think that once we do get it going, we can take off and not look back, but it’s a struggle right now, there’s no doubt.”

“It’s a total team effort on poorly played baseball,” DiMare said. “There’s no doubt it’s demoralizing when you score runs, and then you let the team score right back. That’s got to be a mental letdown for the team. For whatever reason, we seem to score our runs early, and then the offense seems to just shut it down and I can’t figure that out. That’s been the norm for us in these games, we score early and then we don’t score much in the second half of the game.”
My god. “We aren’t good and idk how to fix it.” What a statement. Has anyone ever seen Manny and Gino in the same room together?

Advertisement
Back