NC State (Game 1) 3pm ACCNX

Advertisement
The time to talk about Arteaga was 15 years ago. Lack of elite arms is what has killed us in the postseason. As soon as the bats went cold, pitching wasn’t ever good enough to withstand it.
This is correct as well. But the errors, bad hitting, bad base running, and no speed hasn’t helped either

Are we allowed to talk about Arteaga? I know he is a cane and all but this pitching staff is bad. We have had trouble developing pitchers for awhile. We should have better depth year in and year out and never do. Just imagine if we didn’t have the two freshmen we would be in really bad shape.
Not saying you’re wrong by any means but we are coming off a cancelled season in which our entire weekend staff was lights out. All 3 drafted early.

Not saying you’re wrong by any means but we are coming off a cancelled season in which our entire weekend staff was lights out. All 3 drafted early.
I think JD has been one of the better coaches year in and year out of all Canes sports given what he's had to work with. We had an elite rotation last year, and COVID hits. I know everyone can say the same thing, but my bigger concern is the way the staff is managed. If Gino really calls all the shots on who starts, who gets pulled, etc. then that needs to change, because it isn't working. Wouldn't JD know his staff's strengths and limitations better than Gino?

And we don't have the luxury of waiting two or three more weekends to realize Federman isn't a Friday night guy. Good coaches put players in a position to be successful and help their team and themselves in the process, whatever that role is. Gino had better figure it out quickly because this is just a bad product on the field right now.

Advertisement
Add Coach L to that as well. The entire athletic department is in shambles.

It really is terrible. And the lack of accountability is worse. There is one guy responsible for all these underperforming coaches yet he is basically AD for life.

I'm not just looking at this current trio of mediocre coaches. The football program nosedived after 2017, baseball was in the toilet pre-DiMare and basketball has been generally pitiful. All of this has happened on Blake James's watch.

Advertisement
FFS the team is clearly struggling, but I don’t think we need to shut the program down just yet.
Don’t take it so personally it’s college baseball.

FFS the team is clearly struggling, but I don’t think we need to shut the program down just yet.
Don’t take it so personally it’s college baseball.
I don’t think anybody is advocating for a program shut down but this has felt like the movie Groundhog’s Day for a long time now and fans are frustrated

Advertisement
I don’t think anybody is advocating for a program shut down but this has felt like the movie Groundhog’s Day for a long time now and fans are frustrated
I'm way beyond frustrated and now at completely apathetic. There is no reason for hope in any sport. The University has become the epitome of mediocrity from top to bottom, in all facets.

This might just be a Friday problem. I expect a smoother game today. Rotation changes
Going forward. 5 runs should be enough against most teams. Fed puts us really behind the 8 ball. Gotta sweep upcoming series.

This might just be a Friday problem. I expect a smoother game today. Rotation changes
Going forward. 5 runs should be enough against most teams. Fed puts us really behind the 8 ball. Gotta sweep upcoming series.
Fair point. 0-3 on Friday so far and 3-1 on Saturday and Sunday. Will be interesting to see what happens the rest of this weekend. We get swept and the wheels might fall completely off quickly

Advertisement
If only the school cared about winning as much as they do image. All Blake wants is yes men so his k
job is not difficult. Live up to the social programs and don’t buck the system. Building Champions.

We consistently cheat players out of proper coaching thus the opportunity to see their value on the next level. I can look at football especially and there are countless guys that went very low then became stars. That costs them money, and is why many top player leave the area.

We heard how we could not compete in baseball due to the cost of UM. So the program suffered for years. All of the sudden we turn the number one class, but we cannot coach the talent. This has been the same issue for years. Get top coaches, get better results. Have the best X’s and O’s combined with the Jimmy’s and Joe’s and you are making champions and winning championships.

the president could give a **** about sports, the BOT seems split, the AD is incompetent and the staffs are not top level power 5. Not a winning combination.

That's asking a lot of true freshmen who have had two career starts. Hopefully, they don't try to strike out every hitter, although that is what it might take to win w our defense and all around sloppy play.

I'd love to think they can just turn it around in one game but that doesn't meet the eye test and body language right now. Leadership is missing big time on this team.

the president could give a **** about sports, the BOT seems split, the AD is incompetent and the staffs are not top level power 5. Not a winning combination.
Imagine the BOT trying to fire the son of a guy whose on the board of trustees....sitting at the table 🤣🤣🤣

this program is a complete joke top to bottom

The time to talk about Arteaga was 15 years ago. Lack of elite arms is what has killed us in the postseason. As soon as the bats went cold, pitching wasn’t ever good enough to withstand it.
An effective, but junk ball pitcher. An ineffective, junk ball manager.

Advertisement
Back