NC State (Game 1) 3pm ACCNX

Blake James gave the FB coach job to the son of a well-connected former mayor of Miami and the baseball coach job to the son of one of UMs biggest donors. Both coaches need to prove they earned it moreso than any previous hires. Right now it looks like DiMare doesn't know what he's doing.
I'm not going to go that far. We had a very good team in 2019 and would have had an Omaha bound team in 2020. However, this team looks just awful. There isn't one aspect of the game that this team does well. Fielding - NO. Hitting - NO. Base Running - NO. Pitching - NO.

Good news is there's plenty of room for improvement.

Advertisement
Didn’t someone say we need a oppo bomb from someone?! Would have never guessed it’s from lala
That was me - my firestick is on the fritz so I didn't see it. We play better when I don't watch anyway; so, good luck, I'll FF through replay later - it's less frustrating that way.

Garlands stuff is even more pathetic than Federmans. I can’t believe this is what we’re trotting out in a must win series on Friday night

Advertisement
We’ll finally see how McFarlane looks. He got a quick out to finally end the 5th.

The umpire has a terrible strike zone. Calling high pitches and low pitches as strikes that are out of the zone. Very tough to hit. Have to swing at everything.

Advertisement
I’m just shocked at how bad we have played since UF and to be honest we weren’t great against them.

As someone else said the lack of midweek games is mind blowing.

Advertisement
Del Castillo has looked really bad at the plate too? What is going on with these guys...I cant even remember an inning all year where the guys have put together multiple hits. Seems like the big innings against fl were from walks hit batters errors...offense nonexistent

Advertisement
Will go down as worse team in decades. Far worse top to bottom than the two that didn’t make postseason
There is far too much talent on this team to be worse than them, something is up. When it’s one or two guys struggling that’s fine, but when it’s an entire team, it can almost always be traced back to something. Have they not seen a baseball since the fall? Can’t blame weather bc of the indoor facility. Is Gino this bad of a coach? I mean I know he still cant in-game manage, but he turned around the offense 2 years ago. It doesn’t make any sense. Something has to be wrong.

There is far too much talent on this team to be worse than them, something is up. When it’s one or two guys struggling that’s fine, but when it’s an entire team, it can almost always be traced back to something. Have they not seen a baseball since the fall? Can’t blame weather bc of the indoor facility. Is Gino this bad of a coach? I mean I know he still cant in-game manage, but he turned around the offense 2 years ago. It doesn’t make any sense. Something has to be wrong.
This schedule is a gauntlet and we are going to finish the season with any abysmal record. No excuses though. Gino just stinks as a coach, and the kids we recruit are not good baseball players. Like jagr says, their showcase warriors. When the game gets tough they fold due to lack of baseball iq or just simply a I don’t give a **** attitude. Not sure which it is

Such a weak offense. No power. No one hitting doubles or hitting the gaps. Its still super early but if this is gna be all season this offense has nothing.

Advertisement
Back