NC are threatening to yank UNC and NC State out of ACC

The ACC is so stupid for turning playing football into a political issue.... how many mental weirdos "trannies" watch football anyway?

The state of NC was even more stupid for making an issue out of which bathroom people **** in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The ACC is so stupid for turning playing football into a political issue.... how many mental weirdos "trannies" watch football anyway?

The state of NC was even more stupid for making an issue out of which bathroom people **** in.

Not my understanding of the issue. The law apparently accommodates those transgenders that actually have gone through the transition of mutilating their body parts to conform to their preferred sexual identity.

It was really meant to cut the confusion of those who are biologically/anatomically intact and want to **** in whatever bathroom to express whatever gender identity they felt like on any given day.

And yes, those do exist. I recall a masters level sexuality class I took that was taught by a biologically male individual who would dress accordingly to what identity happened to be speaking to him that day.

It is the other side of this issue that is making more of it than it needs to be. I thought the law was an appropriate compromise and minimized some of the liberal nonsense out there making this issue a cause celebre.

Last edited:

Not my understanding of the issue. The law apparently accommodates those transgenders that actually have gone through the transition of mutilating their body parts to conform to their preferred sexual identity.

It was really meant to cut the confusion of those who are biologically/anatomically intact and want to **** in whatever bathroom to express whatever gender identity they felt like on any given day.

And yes, those do exist. I recall a masters level sexuality class I took that was taught by a biologically male individual who would dress accordingly to what identity happened to be speaking to him that day.

It is the other side of this issue that is making more of it than it needs to be. I thought the law was an appropriate compromise and minimized some of the liberal nonsense out there making this issue a cause celebre.

There wasn't an issue until the far right folks made it one with HB2. They ignored the then AG now Gov. that warned them repeatedly not to go down that road, but they did anyway. Now they have to deal with the fallout.

The original law was not appropriate at all, on several levels.

Top line, the bathroom issue was only one part of the original law. The rest of it took away the ability of cities within NC to make city-level ordinances that extended non-discrimination protections to LGBT folks. And it took away the rights of LGBT people to sue for discrimination within the state; it stipulated that any such case would need to be seen at the fed level, which is much more costly to victims, and thus it would discourage them from bringing such cases. And further, it took away the ability of cities to make city-level ordinances regarding minimum wage.

Basically, it stripped the power from cities to govern themselves on a couple different fronts, and it stripped rights from LGBT folks. At its heart, it was a move by the Repub legislators from rural, bible-thumping areas of NC to put the clamps on the urban, liberal areas like Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, and Asheville.

Keep in mind, there's currently a bill floating around the Rs in the NC legislature that would outlaw ghey marriage, even though it's the law of the land at the federal level now. So obviously, R legislators in NC really don't like the ****. And that may be another reason why they might logically fear push-back from the ACC/NCAA at this point in time, even beyond the HB2 debacle.

Aside from all of that, if you want to focus only on the bathroom issue, the law was unenforceable and just kinda dumb. We already have laws on the books that punish people for peeping-tom activities and for molesting/assaulting people. Trans people aren't molesting folks or spying on women and children. So it really comes down to bigotry, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Top line, the bathroom issue was only one part of the original law. The rest of it took away the ability of cities within NC to make city-level ordinances that extended non-discrimination protections to LGBT folks. And it took away the rights of LGBT people to sue for discrimination within the state; it stipulated that any such case would need to be seen at the fed level, which is much more costly to victims, and thus it would discourage them from bringing such cases. And further, it took away the ability of cities to make city-level ordinances regarding minimum wage.

Basically, it stripped the power from cities to govern themselves on a couple different fronts, and it stripped rights from LGBT folks. At its heart, it was a move by the Repub legislators from rural, bible-thumping areas of NC to put the clamps on the urban, liberal areas like Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, and Asheville.

Keep in mind, there's currently a bill floating around the Rs in the NC legislature that would outlaw marriage, even though it's the law of the land at the federal level now. So obviously, R legislators in NC really don't like the ****. And that may be another reason why they might logically fear push-back from the ACC/NCAA at this point in time, even beyond the HB2 debacle.

Aside from all of that, if you want to focus only on the bathroom issue, the law was unenforceable and just kinda dumb. We already have laws on the books that punish people for peeping-tom activities and for molesting/assaulting people. Trans people aren't molesting folks or spying on women and children. So it really comes down to bigotry, plain and simple.

VERY DEBATABLE

Keep in mind, there's currently a bill floating around the Rs in the NC legislature that would outlaw marriage, even though it's the law of the land at the federal level now. So obviously, R legislators in NC really don't like the ****. And that may be another reason why they might logically fear push-back from the ACC/NCAA at this point in time, even beyond the HB2 debacle.

VERY DEBATABLE

Not really.

VERY DEBATABLE

Dude, shut up

Advertisement

VERY DEBATABLE

Not really.

I'm not saying trans people are predisposed to deviancy. That is not really the problem for me. There just needs to be some semblance of law and order that takes into account everyone's sensibilities and not just those on either extreme side of the issue.

I suspect most people entering public bathrooms were not thinking who was actually using the bathrooms until this became an issue for **** and transgendered people wanting to validate their culture and lifestyle to the rest of society by forcing the issue of bathroom use as a civils rights cause. Before that if you were discreet enough and dressed the part you could probably get away with it with little fanfare. Some people could care less about this issue, some people obviously care more. Since we are a society of mixed belief systems we have to be fair minded and sensible how we approach this on a public level.

I am not familiar with the entire law to comment on the other issues you mention. There aught to be basic rights and protections for everyone. But in terms of the bathroom issue it seems drawing the line between those committed transgendered people that have gone through the transformation and those that want to decide on a whim what gender orientation they want to express on a given day seems reasonable to most people.

In terms of marriage the issue was actually forcing a change in the actual definition of the term. Even though some states have domestic partnership rights/protections that are similar to hetero married couples this did not seem enough for some homosexuals and their liberal cohorts. So now they want to change the way we define a longstanding cultural/historical term to suit their own needs. Again, it is this incessant need for validation of their culture and lifestyle that force their personal issues down everyone's throat while overriding what seems are very pragmatic solutions that most of us with divergent beliefs can still live with in civil society.

Pretty simple solution for the ACC....Not give NC anything until the law is repealed....If there are no championships to boycott they won't be able to pull UNC and NC state....Either way the state loses and shot itself in the foot once again.

Advertisement

VERY DEBATABLE

Not really.

I'm not saying trans people are predisposed to deviancy. That is not really the problem for me. There just needs to be some semblance of law and order that takes into account everyone's sensibilities and not just those on either extreme side of the issue.

I suspect most people entering public bathrooms were not thinking who was actually using the bathrooms until this became an issue for **** and transgendered people wanting to validate their culture and lifestyle to the rest of society by forcing the issue of bathroom use as a civils rights cause. Before that if you were discreet enough and dressed the part you could probably get away with it with little fanfare. Some people could care less about this issue, some people obviously care more. Since we are a society of mixed belief systems we have to be fair minded and sensible how we approach this on a public level.

I am not familiar with the entire law to comment on the other issues you mention. There aught to be basic rights and protections for everyone. But in terms of the bathroom issue it seems drawing the line between those committed transgendered people that have gone through the transformation and those that want to decide on a whim what gender orientation they want to express on a given day seems reasonable to most people.

In terms of marriage the issue was actually forcing a change in the actual definition of the term. Even though some states have domestic partnership rights/protections that are similar to hetero married couples this did not seem enough for some homosexuals and their liberal cohorts. So now they want to change the way we define a longstanding cultural/historical term to suit their own needs. Again, what I find most irritating is this incessant need for some to validate their culture and lifestyle to a point that forces their own personal issues down everyone's throat while overriding what seems are very pragmatic solutions that most of us with divergent beliefs can live with in civil society.

VERY DEBATABLE

Not really.

I am not familiar with the entire law to comment on the other issues you mention. There aught to be basic rights and protections for everyone. But in terms of the public bathroom issue it seems drawing the line between those committed transgendered people that have gone through the transformation and those that want to decide on a whim what gender orientation they want to express on a given day seems reasonable to most people.

In terms of marriage the issue was actually forcing a change in the actual definition of the term. Even though some states have domestic partnership rights/protections that are similar to hetero married couples this did not seem enough for some homosexuals and their liberal cohorts. So now they want to change the way we define a longstanding cultural/historical term to suit their own needs. Again, what I find most irritating is this incessant need for some to validate their culture and lifestyle to a point that forces their own personal issues down everyone's throat while overriding what seems are very pragmatic solutions that most of us with divergent beliefs can live with in civil society.

VERY DEBATABLE

Not really.

In terms of marriage the issue was actually forcing a change in the actual definition of the term. Even though some states have domestic partnership rights/protections that are similar to hetero married couples this did not seem enough for some homosexuals and their liberal cohorts. So now they want to change the way we define a longstanding cultural/historical term to suit their own needs. Again, it is this incessant need for validation of their culture and lifestyle that force their personal issues down everyone's throat while overriding what seems are very pragmatic solutions that most of us with divergent beliefs can still live with in civil society.

The problem is that you can't enforce a "law of the land" on something like this. You can't go around checking people's junk to make sure that they're going **** in the right place.

What you can do is assume that anyone who acts, looks, and dresses like a woman should go to the women's room, and anyone who acts, looks, and dresses like a man should go into the men's room.

In the absence of any real crime, that's really all you can do, and that should suffice for "law and order"--it has sufficed for a couple centuries, since we started divvying up men's and women's rooms.

Advertisement
Back