NC are threatening to yank UNC and NC State out of ACC

No way the state forces the 2 schools to leave the ACC. Zero chance. Not going to happen no matter how many championship games the ACC withholds or whatever laws are passed or aren't passed. Empty threat.

I mostly agree with this. But the state legislature seemed A-OK with losing a few billion dollars, a few thousand jobs, and making NC a national laughingstock because they wanted to show the world that no one--not the feds, the NCAA, or the big meanies in corporate America--could force them to accept trans folks going to the bathroom of their choice and extend legal non-discrimination protections to LGBT people. So who the **** knows?

Just won't happen. If somehow the state initiated some kind of action to begin the process of forcing the two schools out of the ACC, the legal wrangling, injunctions, and maneuvering, would last for years. It's just not practical. There is really no way that they are going to do this. It doesn't matter what happens. The state will not be forcing the two schools out of the ACC.

Advertisement
Oh lord. This transgender bathroom law is creating the biggest messy controversy over a completely irrelevant issue I have ever seen.

Transgenders and **** have major influence in today's America.

Sadly, most of them hate this kind of attention because they know it only alienates them even more from society.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure why so many people are upset. I think this is a great thing. It says "alright ACC presidents, you want to get involved in politics then welcome to the party. **** with our states money again and we will end you"

The ACC and the NCAA are there for sports not politics. The two don't need to mix because when they do the only people that lose are the fans.

I'm not so sure why so many people are upset. I think this is a great thing. It says "alright ACC presidents, you want to get involved in politics then welcome to the party. **** with our states money again and we will end you"

The ACC and the NCAA are there for sports not politics. The two don't need to mix because when they do the only people that lose are the fans.

Well that's certainly one way of looking at it. And I'm sure self-righteous R legislators in NC like to think of themselves as upholding the good name of the state against the tyranny of the big bad NCAA.

But the truth is the legislators brought this crap on themselves. They rapidly pushed through a bill that was obviously rooted in bigotry, without the input of constituents in the state.

And when they got called on it, they refused to back down; they just dig in their heels deeper and tried to make it into an issue of protecting innocent women and children. And when the feds called them out on that BS, they just dug their heels in deeper and thumbed their nose at the feds.
And when corporate America got involved and said hey, the market has something to say about this...we aren't going to do business in a state that is run by a bunch of ignorant bigots...well, the legislature just dug its heels in deeper and said "But corporations shouldn't be playing politics!"

And when the NCAA got involved and yanked a bunch of events from the state, the legislature used that same line "The NCAA shouldn't be playing politics...they can't bully us!"

And yet they still refuse to admit that it was a bigoted, dumb law to begin with, and that they are responsible for the fiscal damage and PR nightmare they've caused to the state.

So, yeah, I'm not buying the idea that this is a "great thing." It's a dumb thing.

Last edited:

Well that's certainly one way of looking at it. And I'm sure self-righteous R legislators in NC like to think of themselves as upholding the good name of the state against the tyranny of the big bad NCAA.

But the truth is the legislators brought this crap on themselves. They rapidly pushed through a bill that was obviously rooted in bigotry, without the input of constituents in the state.

And when they got called on it, they refused to back down; they just dig in their heels deeper and tried to make it into an issue of protecting innocent women and children. And when the feds called them out on that BS, they just dug their heels in deeper and thumbed their nose at the feds.
And when corporate America got involved and said hey, the market has something to say about this...we aren't going to do business in a state that is run by a bunch of ignorant bigots...well, the legislature just dug its heels in deeper and said "But corporations shouldn't be playing politics!"

And when the NCAA got involved and yanked a bunch of events from the state, the legislature used that same line "The NCAA shouldn't be playing politics...they can't bully us!"

And yet they still refuse to admit that it was a bigoted, dumb law to begin with, and that they are responsible for the fiscal damage and PR nightmare they've caused to the state.

So, yeah, I'm not buying the idea that this is a "great thing." It's a dumb thing.

exactly.

bunch of retarded scumbags .... fack them!

This is great news if you think strategically. Sure, it has a snowball's chance in **** of passing and being signed by the Demo Governor; it's being used to mollify a voter base that is mad at their legislators for "caving."

However, old Comish Swofford isn't getting any younger and when he steps down for health reasons or just croaks at his desk, this becomes VERY important. There will be a period of confusion and a power vacuum will emerge. The six schools that you know HATE the All Carolina Conference setup, i.e. UM, SYR, PITT, LVL, F$U, BC, plus Notre Lame, have to use this time to bring this bill back to the forefront. If they can get the GT nerds bought off (Who says you can't have two conference championships in the same city/stadium?) and UVA is convinced that Tobacco Road isn't doing them any favors, this little piece of failed legislation, and a willing press, may be what is needed to overcome UNC, NCSU, Duke, Wake and their Vag Tech/Clemson sycophants. Changes that eliminate the conferences baked in biases can finally come about. Think about ACC HQ out of NC, think about a real non-good ole boy comish who the refs don't fear. Think about an ACC that works to promote their most competitive teams in all sports, not just the ones in a particular region.

The State of North Carolina believes they own the ACC; wouldn't it be fitting if they were the creators of the tool that led to the All Carolina Conference's demise?

Chess, not checkers, Blake...Start the secret meetings.

Advertisement
Yeah, the nerve of these backward bigoted legislators. I can't believe they won't condone and endorse grown sapiens with peni$e$ in girls restrooms. Aren't they crazy. Lol

It's all fun and games and political correctness until your little girl comes out of the ladies room crying.

I remember when this board was about football.

It's all fun and games and political correctness until your little girl comes out of the ladies room crying.

It's all fun and games till your ugly *** daughter gets mistaken for man by the bathroom police and he has to check under her elsa underwear to make sure.

Except for the fact that has never happened... I understand the sentiment & agree with it to a certain extent, but that's simply a straw man.

Look, I'm no "left wing liberal" Democrat by any means, nor am I hardcore right wing conservative republican either, but the reality is that law was just plain stupid. It's old antiquated thinking & it comes from the overzealous religious right.

I'm not a fan of the LBGTBBQ crowd either, I think they're some of the biggest group of hypocrites in the country, I legit don't like they're attempt to co-opt the civil rights movement & their constant fake outrage Mafia only serves as a detriment to free speech, whenever they get upset at comedians for making ghay jokes etc..

So, regardless which side of the political isle you stand on, any reasonable minded person can see that North Carolina's legislators are operating under some old school bull**** & only causing more trouble in their state than actually helping make things better.

Bringing it back to Sports, whatever it takes to eliminate the stronghold that Tobacco Road has over the ACC I'm all for.

I'm tired of UNC running this conference, they get away with blatant cheating & the sooner they're taken out the better for us in both Football & Basketball.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's all fun and games till your ugly *** daughter gets mistaken for man by the bathroom police and he has to check under her elsa underwear to make sure.

Not concerned about my "ugly *** daughter" I suspect she can handle you AND the perp Skippi. Take your PC crap elsewhere, this board is about football.

The ACC is so stupid for turning playing football into a political issue.... how many mental weirdos "trannies" watch football anyway?

Advertisement
This is just a political maneuver so the backward jesus freaks keep voting for the closet homosexuals, er, I mean republicans.

Republicans are obsessed with homosexuals.

You're cute. What's your name?

My friends call me snowflake...what's up daddy

OH! Now I know why you participate at the JCC's mat drills other than the Y's

My peoples roll hard at the JCC.

You got that right, RVA. I'll be there at 5am sharp! Mat drills are my favorite.

Whats up with CaneDynasty?

The ACC was pathetic and wrong to pull the game for that reason. NC should just arrest Mark Emmert for violations of State law and get on with things.

Advertisement
Back