Nayquan Wright committing to us soon?

Henry and Elliot had some of the best O-line in the country

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Titles are won with D. Henry, Zeke Elliott type backs. Not 5'8 195. I think Wright is excellent and want him in the class but Cain is the alpha

I dont even think he's 195. He's 185. On a small 5'9 ish frame. A lot like Yearby actually. He better get that growth spurt right quick if he wants to be an everydown back. Actually, now that i think about it, Wright actually reminds me a lot of Yearby.

Is this going to be a rehash of the Yearby vs Cook debate, where Wright=Yearby and Cain=Cook?? Because we all know who won that debate.

Bottom line, if we only take 1 back in 2019, it had better be Cain. Choosing anyone else over him is grounds for instant dismissal in my book.

Have y'all actually seen Nayquan in person? I'm starting to think that y'all haven't. That kid is bigger than the McCluster types right now. He's definitely 195 right now and has the frame to be an everydown back, well over 200, 210 as a college player. The shortest he may be is 5'9" and I believe he'll grow at least another inch in two more years. Those dimensions sound similar to a cat that Coach Right is really familiar with, none other than Nick Chubb. Cain however, compares physically to Fournette. Would you downplay Chubb because he's a few inches shorter than Fournette??? Just because Cain is bigger that doesn't mean Wright doesn't have the frame to carry the load.

This guy gets it.

Saying Nayquan is a scat back is either trolling or just stupidity.

He's an everydown, power back with great burst and good speed. Chubb is a great comparison

Doubt we pull both Cain and Wright but I hope I'm wrong. Should be a race to see who commits first.

If we're only taking one it's not a matter of who commits first. Don't get me wrong,nayquan is gonna be a beast. But now cain.... that's another level of monster

Agreed Brooklyndee. I would take Cain over Nayquan and that's no shame at all to Nayquan. Cain is a monster.

I mean we will gladly take both, I just don't think both guys would commit. I could be wrong, but two of the top three backs in the country usually don't go to the same school. FSU did get 2 out of the top 4 this past cycle, but that is rare.

Fsu got 3 of the top 10.

And that hardly ever happens.

Remember just with this cycle Lingard was leaning FSU and then Cook committed to the Noles and they were completely out of the picture. It's part of recruiting. Only one RB plays at a time.

Just a guess but maybe Ambassador Lingard didn't want to play with Cuck in particular. He certainly welcomed Davis with open arms.

Titles are won with D. Henry, Zeke Elliott type backs. Not 5'8 195. I think Wright is excellent and want him in the class but Cain is the alpha

I dont even think he's 195. He's 185. On a small 5'9 ish frame. A lot like Yearby actually. He better get that growth spurt right quick if he wants to be an everydown back. Actually, now that i think about it, Wright actually reminds me a lot of Yearby.

Is this going to be a rehash of the Yearby vs Cook debate, where Wright=Yearby and Cain=Cook?? Because we all know who won that debate.

Bottom line, if we only take 1 back in 2019, it had better be Cain. Choosing anyone else over him is grounds for instant dismissal in my book.

Have y'all actually seen Nayquan in person? I'm starting to think that y'all haven't. That kid is bigger than the McCluster types right now. He's definitely 195 right now and has the frame to be an everydown back, well over 200, 210 as a college player. The shortest he may be is 5'9" and I believe he'll grow at least another inch in two more years. Those dimensions sound similar to a cat that Coach Right is really familiar with, none other than Nick Chubb. Cain however, compares physically to Fournette. Would you downplay Chubb because he's a few inches shorter than Fournette??? Just because Cain is bigger that doesn't mean Wright doesn't have the frame to carry the load.
Sounds like Nayquan is about the same size as Emmitt Smith. Can't win titles with RBs that size though.

If I am understanding this thread correctly,

Leonard Fournete is Cain's floor,

Dexter McCluster or Nick Chubb is Wright's floor

[MENTION=16504]What[/MENTION] please advise.

Advertisement

Sounds like Nayquan is about the same size as Emmitt Smith. Can't win titles with RBs that size though.

Not only that but james white was huge in the super bowl for the patriots and he is 5'10 205 and freeman is 5'9 209.

No, they aren't.

Clinton Portis was a small RB and he was a difference maker for the 2001 championship team.

There are very few big-time big backs in college football. Davenport is the only one that Miami has had - and he was really only big-time before the knee injury in his freshman year.

Erickson had most of the bigger backs at Miami - James Stewart, Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones...they were all solid RBs, but I don't remember any of them being big timers....

You know things are looking up when we are arguing over which 5* RB we would rather have(assuming the #3 RB in Wright would be a 5*)

Advertisement
He was downvoted because simply acknowledging that backfield would have been cool and I actually agree with doing so. But U both went further than that and said they were better than our historic backfield, and did so on a Cane blog, so it should be no surprise that doing so may garner my reaction lol!

Grow a thicker skin.

If we're only taking one it's not a matter of who commits first. Don't get me wrong,nayquan is gonna be a beast. But now cain.... that's another level of monster

Agreed Brooklyndee. I would take Cain over Nayquan and that's no shame at all to Nayquan. Cain is a monster.

I mean we will gladly take both, I just don't think both guys would commit. I could be wrong, but two of the top three backs in the country usually don't go to the same school. FSU did get 2 out of the top 4 this past cycle, but that is rare.

Fsu got 3 of the top 10.

And that hardly ever happens.

Remember just with this cycle Lingard was leaning FSU and then Cook committed to the Noles and they were completely out of the picture. It's part of recruiting. Only one RB plays at a time.

Just a guess but maybe Ambassador Lingard didn't want to play with Cuck in particular. He certainly welcomed Davis with open arms.

Fûck Cuck...we've got the Ambassador.

Do you think he is a better prospect than Duke was? I know the answer and it's no. Wright ain't no Chubb either. Will y'all wake up and small the dro.

The jury's still out on that one player. Duke didn't come into HS with a target on his back. As talented as Duke was at LCO, Nayquan started HS with more hype. Kid led his team to a district championship (1st in a while) as a freshman. Led them to a State 'Chip as a sophomore, Duke ain't do that in his first two years . I'll tell you another thing, Duke never shared a backfield with a back as talented as Cam Davis. Duke wasn't the unquestioned leader of his team as a 9th Grader. Kid was 2nd in Dade in rushing behind Zuniga from Sunset(waaay worse competition than CC) as a freshman. He's bigger now than Duke was when finished from Norland. In comparison, Quan has done more by this point in their careers. IMO he's definitely on pace to be...

Last edited:
No, they aren't.

Clinton Portis was a small RB and he was a difference maker for the 2001 championship team.

There are very few big-time big backs in college football. Davenport is the only one that Miami has had - and he was really only big-time before the knee injury in his freshman year.

Erickson had most of the bigger backs at Miami - James Stewart, Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones...they were all solid RBs, but I don't remember any of them being big timers....

Wasn't Edge pretty big?

Advertisement
I prefer Wright over Cain in 2019. Wright is way faster and more elusive. Cain is s truck with good vision, but lacks top end speed.

That being said, I'd take both of them. But NayQuan is the more talented player, in my opinion.

Isnt all about speed.

I understand that, but the U was built on speed. NayQuan is a more talented back, in my opinion.

Cain is also gifted, but in other ways. His speed is average, and in top division 1, Power 5 conference football, it makes a difference.

As I stated before, Cain exhibits great vision and strength. Plus he is patient and has good feet for a big man.

However, I just think NayQuan is on another level overall.

Cain's an animal no doubt, I'd love to have him but not over Nayquan. I know what that kid's made of and there aren't many grown men that possess it. That guy is always gonna be the toughest man on any team he joins until he stops playing. I've said it on here before, that kid stared death in the face and didn't shed a ****in' tear!!!! I know what the game means to Quan. He's all guts & nuts to go along with the elite talent. Maybe Cain is just as tough but I doubt it. That's not a knock on Cain, I'm just willing to bet that Quan's tougher than any kid in America coming out in '19...

I'm sold.

Advertisement
I watched this kid play last year and he was a ******* monster. As a sophomore. Two 5* backs to go with what he have this year? Yeah, we ******'

lol at anyone who thinks Richt would not take both

Look at his ******* history. Loading up on multiple highly rated RBs is his MO

Why does everyone think he's committing to Miami? I heard he liked Bama.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back