National title game this year? ...no bs

tribettmug1.jpg

That’s who I imagined writing the OP.

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

5 losses last year. Lost 3 games by 3 or less.

Sam howell and kenny pickett are gone.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

I believe that all the below is going to get us past those 3 points:

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Probably pound for pound, the best staff in football.

We FINALLY have coaches who can pull out our kids true potential.

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
Keep hope alive!!!

I don't think we have the horses to beat Bama or Georgia just yet. What I don't understand, & haven't since the first time I saw it being discussed, is why are so many assuming we lose to A&M? What have they done? They had 1 good season under Jimbo in 2020 when Kellen Mond beasted his senior year. They've lost at least 4 in every other season going back 10 years, including last season, when they lost to 9-4 Arkansas (at home), 7-6 Mississippi St, & 6-7 LSU. In their 2nd game of the season at home vs Colorado, who finished 4-8, they were down 7-3 at the end of the 3rd & escaped with a 10-7 win. Don't slurp that SEC kool-aid...it's a steep drop after Georgia & Bama. The freshmen from the #1 class will only be in their 2nd game...besides, they've had top classes since Jimbo's been there & it only produced the one good year with a top QB (FSU ring a bell?). This is not a team to fear. We have the better staff (Jimbo is overrated as all **** for starters), better QB, & you better believe our boys will be dying to start off this new era with a statement win on the road vs a top 10 SEC team & will put in the work for it this offseason. It will be a bigger game for us than for them. I understand the PTSD...I truly do. But some of you guys need to remember who we are. I think we go into College Station with a massive chip on our shoulders & pop those boys in the mouth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As I alluded to in the TVD Heisman thread we have a very good chance to make the playoffs if you think he has a very good chance of winning the Heisman. They usually go hand-in-hand.

Now National Championship game is a different animal.
There's not too many paths for that in my eyes unless we play a team in the Semis from the Pac or Big 12 that plays no defense whatsoever or a ND team that lucks themselves in somehow.
And even in those games we might be underdogs.

Advertisement
OUT OF THESE 3 THINGS

ONLY ONE of them do I REALISTICALLY HAVE ANY POSSIBLE HOPE above ZERO % of it actually happening this year

1. Miami wins the ACC outright

2. Miami plays in the CFB Championship game

3. Hailey Berry shows up naked at my front door

I hear Ms Berry loves M&Ms so I've already overfilled and moved the candy dish into the foyer.

Now next year is a totally different story

Last edited:
All kidding aside, the OP's boundless optimism is a lot better than the gloom and doom we've endured for much of the last 20 years.

Nice for a change.

But what this football program needs more than anything is a complete change of culture — and as others have said, the likelihood of that happening in one year is very, very small.
Actually, it’s par for the course in March. We have a lot to be optimistic about, but the dividends will likely be felt over multiple seasons and not immediately.

Would be nice to beat UNC finally for sure, and run the table in the ACC for the first time in 16 years or so. Would also be nice to upset A&M. Very excited about this season. A LOT of our "overall potential" depends on what Portal Transfers the staff is able to pull in April / May. In order to be really competitive consistently UM needs:

-2 LB
-1 RT
-1 DT
-1 DE
-1 DB
-1 WR

Steele had a great defense at Auburn in 2019. His main DT was the #7 overall draft pick, and one DE went in the top of the 2nd round. He had some talent to work with .... elite talent. If they can grab the right guys in the portal the A&M game could become a lot more interesting ... and since I'm making the drive from Florida to College Station .... I hope we pull it off.

I don't think we have the horses to beat Bama or Georgia just yet. What I don't understand, & haven't since the first time I saw it being discussed, is why are so many assuming we lose to A&M? What have they done? They had 1 good season under Jimbo in 2020 when Kellen Mond beasted his senior year. They've lost at least 4 in every other season going back 10 years, including last season, when they lost to 9-4 Arkansas (at home), 7-6 Mississippi St, & 6-7 LSU. In their 2nd game of the season at home vs Colorado, who finished 4-8, they were down 7-3 at the end of the 3rd & escaped with a 10-7 win. Don't slurp that SEC kool-aid...it's a steep drop after Georgia & Bama. The freshmen from the #1 class will only be in their 2nd game...besides, they've had top classes since Jimbo's been there & it only produced the one good year with a top QB (FSU ring a bell?). This is not a team to fear. We have the better staff (Jimbo is overrated as all **** for starters), better QB, & you better believe our boys will be dying to start off this new era with a statement win on the road vs a top 10 SEC team & will put in the work for it this offseason. It will be a bigger game for us than for them. I understand the PTSD...I truly do. But some of you guys need to remember who we are. I think we go into College Station with a massive chip on our shoulders & pop those boys in the mouth.
I wouldn't call it fear but they have the raw talent to beat us by a comfortable margin. I think having the upgraded coaching staff + TVD gives us a shot at least

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
How’s we do against the #2 team last year? That seems like a better barometer…

I wouldn't call it fear but they have the raw talent to beat us by a comfortable margin. I think having the upgraded coaching staff + TVD gives us a shot at least
The 83 National Championship team wasn't expected to do anything, yet they won it all.

We're in a similar position. Expectations aren't very high. But, we have way more talent then the 83 team with at least 4 difference makers in TVD (Garcia), Zion, Williams and Taylor. The key is can our difference makers raise the level of play of their teammates? If they do and you add in key portal additions, then we're in position to make the CFB playoffs.

Advertisement
OP, go back and review Saban’s first season at Bama and read your post again.

The year before Saban took over in 2007, Alabama went 6-7 (2-6 in the SEC) and had all 6 wins vacated for the 2006 season. Alabama's best player (Tyrone Prothro) had his leg explode against the Gaytors in 2005 and was unable to return in 2007.

I think that UM will start off with more talent in 2022 than what Saban inherited in 2007. Just my opinion, though.

Here is Saban's roster in 2007. Unimpressive.

1646504805433.png

Deep pockets with ruiz

We aren’t good enough to win every single game we’re supposed to win PLUS ACC chip and A&M. Margin for error isn’t big enough YET

Advertisement
Back