National title game this year? ...no bs

The year before Saban took over in 2007, Alabama went 6-7 (2-6 in the SEC) and had all 6 wins vacated for the 2006 season. Alabama's best player (Tyrone Prothro) had his leg explode against the Gaytors in 2005 and was unable to return in 2007.

I think that UM will start off with more talent in 2022 than what Saban inherited in 2007. Just my opinion, though.

Here is Saban's roster in 2007. Unimpressive.

View attachment 179067
Same team (essentially) got a 1 win bump with a new staff. That’s my point. To say that an improvement in coaching will lead us to a National Title is delusional.

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

5 losses last year. Lost 3 games by 3 or less.

Sam howell and kenny pickett are gone.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

I believe that all the below is going to get us past those 3 points:

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Probably pound for pound, the best staff in football.

We FINALLY have coaches who can pull out our kids true potential.

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
Pump those those breaks bro, lets see if they keep within 2 scores of A@M

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
Master P Reaction GIF

Deep pockets with ruiz

This is incredibly optimistic.

I mean, I read this entire post, OP. I'm not gonna diss or leave a sarcastic message in response to this because deep down, this would be awesome, getting our 6th before Pootin does something stoopid.

But let's face reality. A lot of things need to go our way for this to happen. TVD is the real deal. I'm not worried about Pickett being gone, it wasn't like he had a winning record against us, so there's that. But Howell being gone, yeah, I think we will get ours against the shît heels. I think Mario will get us those wins against those teams we lost close games to. But Ckemson is still Clemson, but people do not understand... the Shaggies at their house. That's a difficult one in hostile environment.
We have OL and DL questions that we won't have the answer to until spring and fall practices, so that's hard to determine. We don't win in the trenches, we still won't win this close games. Championships are won IN THE TRENCHES. If those are shored up, then we can talk about the CFB playoff.
Ceiling: a 2017-type season with the right transfer portal additions and a NY6 bowl win.
Floor: 8-5 season with close games either win or lost.

Let's hold off on this until spring and fall practices.

But don't you worry, in Mario I trust, but this is a 2-5 season rebuild. But there's nothing wrong with being optimistic about our team, that's what being a fanatic is all about, right @Rellyrell ?

Advertisement
Recent cases where a better HC took over a power program and had immediate success.

Michigan under Harbaugh 2015 his first year:

10-3

2017 Dan Mullen at UF:

10-3

2016 Richt at Miami:

9-4

This should be more the expectation not NC or playoffs first season.

Just another case of teeing it up to have a reason to trash the program if we don't win it all. I see right through this bullsh!t.

Just another case of teeing it up to have a reason to trash the program if we don't win it all. I see right through this bullsh!t

The original poster is correct.

We could make the playoffs with a bit of luck and limited injuries.

There are only two dominant teams and Georgia has holes at QB and WRs.

Ohio State has questions on defense and in their defense backfield that is beatable by a team with great quarterbacks that can pass protect like us. Our OL is likely to be much improved and we have a highly skilled 220 pound freshman running back that should be able to gain short shortage on third downs that will keep our offense on the field longer. MC beat Ohio State in Columbus last year. I would give him a reasonable chance on a neutral field with this team late in the year.

Clemson has QBs, offensive line, running backs, receivers and a defensive backfield that are inferior to ours. Where exactly is Clemson better than us other than their front seven? We certainly have better coaches going forward. We likely will not beat Clemson in Death Valley, but I like our chances late in the year in a rematch on a neutral field.

Texas A&M is overrated until they prove otherwise. In addition, no more than two SEC teams are getting into the playoffs.

I believe I read that MC is 4 - 1 versus top 10 teams. He may lose some head scratchers, although less than Lincoln Reilly, but he does well against top teams. If this trend continues we could be in for an early surprise. Stated differently, UM making the playoffs is a high risk bet that could pay off big for a gambler that likes to take calculated bets.

The portal likely will change this analysis but the playoffs are reachable. Number 6 likely will take two to three years with the way MC recruits and a little luck.

We have a quarterback on the verge of super stardom.

He takes the next step, we can beat ANYBODY.

I think the defense is where we were at after 2015. Bad coaching and production has soured us on their talent. I see Steele and company doing at least a Manny level turnaround. If they keep it simple, could be better.

The key to this thing is not taking unnecessary losses as Gattis installs the offense. Get some momentum and start really striding at mid season and start to peak late in the year.

We can win 12 or more as easily as 8. There are so many unknowns.

Still winning a playoff game versus Bama or Baga is a tough row to hoe. I feel way better about winning the ACC than taking one of them down in a playoff game. One think that gives me hope is when we lined up balanced with no presnap holes in the front 7 we shut down Bama’s run game. That would go a long way to a monumental, “WE BYKE” playoff win.

Advertisement

Deep pockets with ruiz

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Calm down. Be realistic.

We can't win our division since we joined the ACC. IT WILL take a while. Baby steps first. Our schedule this year won't HELP. Maybe if the big East was still around.

We can get to the tournament, but baring a huge leap by the offense our ceiling is the first round this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back