National title game this year? ...no bs

If you don't see the only talent difference between last season and OSU/UGA/Bama being a transfer guard that hasn't played a snap, a WR made of glass, and a yet unnamed linebacker and pass rusher plus some bench warmers and true freshmans, I don't know what you are looking at bud.
Even if you found a slip n slide full of top players, you really think they are just gonna put it together after spring and fall practice to become the best team in all of college football? I mean we are the only team that can go find all the talent we currently don't have, so I guess it makes sense.

Advertisement

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

I'd appreciate if dumb ***** like the OP and everyone agreeing with him wouldn't make us look stupid, personally. I am just waiting for the reasonable @AtlAtty to start his hit thread on slurpers

Advertisement
I'd appreciate if dumb ***** like the OP and everyone agreeing with him wouldn't make us look stupid, personally. I am just waiting for the reasonable @AtlAtty to start his hit thread on slurpers
It would only be fair for a counter balance to my Mopes thread to have an irrational Slurpers thread. Both are destined to be unhappy.

If we are in the natty then That means TVD won the heisman and a statute should be built for him immediately. It would take the best season by a QB in college football history to get Miami into the natty.

I’ll be happy with the coastal this year and competitive ACCCG

Advertisement
there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

5 losses last year. Lost 3 games by 3 or less.

Sam howell and kenny pickett are gone.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

I believe that all the below is going to get us past those 3 points:

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Probably pound for pound, the best staff in football.

We FINALLY have coaches who can pull out our kids true potential.

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
Expectations of a championship are totally delusional. The ONLY and I mean ONLY way it’s on the table is an LSU kind of year where the offense goes video game mode. TVD throws for 5k, 50TDs, wins the Heisman and we have 2 first round game breaking wideouts plus a couple of 1st round types on D. That’s a taaaaaalllllllll ask.

I think you forgot that we also won 3 games by 3 points or less and also won 1 by 4 points so we could have ended up 3-9 and not 7-5 if we lose those close games. Even with a great staff like we have now 10-2 is the best with the current players but my guess would be 9-3

there's a lot of people outside the u that dont know the depth of whats happening here.

Clemson is hoping that one of these two new qbs pan out or else their stuck with DJ this year.

One of the best ads in the country who's focused on being the best at all sports.

Mario who is family n has the knowledge and determination for elite level football.

Deep pockets with ruiz

Almost whole team from last year is coming back with many good addition from this year

A&M n clemson will be the real tests. If we have one loss and still win acc title game...we in the final 4 most likely.

These aren't my expectations but they are slowly getting there with seeing everything we're doing.

We had only 5 losses last year with the staff that we had...and 3 of them we're by 3 or less.
JFC

Advertisement
Making a National Title game this year would be amazing. That being said, Miami does not have a National Championship DL or OL. Would get their **** pushed in by Georgia. Just being real.

Deep pockets with ruiz

:muscat:

Advertisement
Calling a National Championship game appearance year 1 is really bold. I don't think we'll get that far, but I also think we'll be better than people think. I don't think this is quite the re-build people believe (Diaz got lucky with recruiting due to COVID). I do think we're a few portal additions from being legit (DE, DT, LB, OL). I know that Mario is here to win though, and I fully expect him and his coaching staff to continue bringing in talent before next season.

If our coaching staff is as great as people here are saying, it means we could be be easily three points better per game on each side of the ball.
Last season we would've lost only to Bama and Mich st if that was the case.

That's why I only see Clemson and Tx a&m as losses next season.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas……. We could and should win the Coastal this year. Considering how we have been the past 15 years, winning the Coastal will be a huge step forward. Thinking we have a shot at being in the final four for the national Championship is a pipe dream. Granted, we’d all love to see it happen and I‘d be at the playoff games for sure, but it’s far too early to even think that we have reached that point.

Advertisement
Back