Qualified coaches
Stud QB
Loads of RBs
Masses of pass catchers
Experienced blockers
Leonard Taylor
James Williams
Strong kicking game

Depth is not there. We have to not lose to teams like UVA and UNC anymore first. IF we can accomplish that, we likely play Clemson twice. Not sure how that A&M game goes either. Don't see it.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I realize most of you are still recovering from PTSD, but we don't have the talent to win the Coastal right now? Bull****. Are we done in the portal addressing our needs? Again, bull****. Six weeks ago, many were complaining about the lack of staff. Our on field staff is as good as anybody's in the country and that includes Alabama. We tripled our S&C staff. We continue to bring in analyst after analyst. Oh, and we brought in the Deputy Nutritionist from UGA. What the **** does she know about nutrition for football? Oh wait.
I meant National Title, my dude.

We all have ptsd and are trying really hard to temper expectations.
OP has Kool aid diabetus unfortunately.

But!!!!
he can’t be that far off.

Mel Tucker went into MSU with a boatload of transfer bus mercenaries and went 11-2 and had them more prepared and conditioned for a 4th qtr 90degree south Florida afternoon game than shmanny had our kids that actually grew up here. That’s a huge statement regarding how bad things were. That never should’ve and should never happen again!!!!!

Their previous recruiting classes’s were **** poor. He didn’t transform the staff and the program at the level we have. He didn’t hire the coaches we have. He didn’t have the ingredients to cook like these dudes have.

But 11-2 is still levels away from 15-0 or even 14,1.
Just like in track where a few tenths of a second is difference between world champion forever famous and “who??!!”
The difference between an 11-2 Mel tucker team and this year’s top 2 teams is huge.

My expectations are ny6 bowl game or bust. And if we do lose to Clemson or tamu or both, that it’s nowhere near the level of performance we’ve trotted out there against top teams not named notre dame in the past few years.

What I don’t want to see is games against non p5 teams where tvd is still out there late in the 4th cause it’s still too close.
I don't want to see us scrape by or lose to teams that recruit outside the top 25.

New scheme, new coaches and all that have been **** poor excuses for us while it’s never been a problem for other teams. There are more than enough leaders and support staff now to minimize any growing pains and the entire staff will be here for spring.

I realize most of you are still recovering from PTSD, but we don't have the talent to win the Coastal right now? Bull****. Are we done in the portal addressing our needs? Again, bull****. Six weeks ago, many were complaining about the lack of staff. Our on field staff is as good as anybody's in the country and that includes Alabama. We tripled our S&C staff. We continue to bring in analyst after analyst. Oh, and we brought in the Deputy Nutritionist from UGA. What the **** does she know about nutrition for football? Oh wait.
So we are just all gonna put that together in a totally new system year one and play in the NC game, with the depth we have, or with whatever depth comes out of the portal? We could have hired Saban and we won't make it next year.

Advertisement
Did y'all watch this defense last year? You think Kevin Steele taking over for Manny Diaz makes it better to the point where instead of giving up 30 in a half to Bama, we're gonna go to a National Championship game? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We're a LONG way away from having the kind of talent you need to consistently beat good football teams.

Thankfully we hired a coach who flips rosters in a heartbeat. He's got his work cut out for him here.

So we are just all gonna put that together in a totally new system year one and play in the NC game, with the depth we have, or with whatever depth comes out of the portal? We could have hired Saban and we won't make it next year.
If you don't see the only talent difference between last season and OSU/UGA/Bama being a transfer guard that hasn't played a snap, a WR made of glass, and a yet unnamed linebacker and pass rusher plus some bench warmers and true freshmans, I don't know what you are looking at bud.

Advertisement
OP, go back and review Saban’s first season at Bama and read your post again.

Unlikely. Year 1 will be a transition year.

ACC Coastal, minimum. The remainder of the division is average at best.

ACC Championship, maybe, depending on Clemson rebounding or falling.

CFP? Would require an ACC title and no more than one (1) loss. The $EC may take two spots again, and Ohio State likely takes one assuming last season’s miss was an outlier.

I agree with other posters thinking an ACC title and Orange Bowl berth/win are 2022’s ceiling.

Advertisement
All kidding aside, the OP's boundless optimism is a lot better than the gloom and doom we've endured for much of the last 20 years.

Nice for a change.

But what this football program needs more than anything is a complete change of culture — and as others have said, the likelihood of that happening in one year is very, very small.

Advertisement
Back