National Signing Day

Advertisement
I still think most will contribute immediately. If guys like Bain and Wayne weren't SEC caliber them most of the major SEC programs who offered them then all had crappy evals which I find odd.
We could name 1000 guys like that that fell flat on their faces, but those are the two I was in agreement with that may see the field earlier.

for all the talk about Cristobal's recruiting at Oregon, Lanning in his 1st year has landed 1 **** of a class up there. no dropoff at all...
He did

I don’t want to in any way shape or form lessen what Lanning did but it also helps having a guy like Mario there before you getting these kids to visit early in their careers, build relationships etc

We had the opposite here when it comes to Manny building long term recruiting

Still you gotta close the deal Lanning did an amazing job

Advertisement
Why you gotta throw **** at Mario just to say planning is doing a good job? I don't understand why this fan base has to take shots at our own ALL THE TIME... Since you throw that in should you then also acknowledge how Mario has done all of that and was already known in that capacity BEFORE NIL? People always wanna throw around the bags term etc and I'll simply leave it at Oregon was nowhere near into the bag game like ANY of the reasonably big boys let alone the sec squads or Texas squads.
why do i gotta throw ****at Mario? id ask why you gotta put your cap on for Mario every chance you get? you dont know me any more or less than i know you but 1 thing that easily noticeable is that i'm not on here daily ****ting or caping for Mario. In fact the lack of nuanced conversations with honesty & context is why i dont post as much I used to.

the consensus on the board last summer was "Riley is gonna clean house in the west coast & now that Cristobal is gone they're gonna see a sharp decline in recruiting" well it's NSD & it's ok to be honest & say they just signed 1 **** of a class up there

did i say "Mario is an overrated recruiter" "Mario cant close w/ uncle Phil Knight & Nike"? no but you sure were quick *** **** to jump on a random poster to put on the cap for Mario & start talking **** about the fanbase...i go to every game sit in my seat 15 minutes before kick & cheer on my team. who the **** are you to talk down on fans for their opinions on a message board?

Advertisement
... Not to mention that it's a Top 5 class, best on paper since 2008, and anyone who watches the kids' highlights knows the recruits we signed are top quality, too. No grade inflation in this class.

After 20 years of decline into mediocrity and a losing 2022 season, Mario is righting this ship. But it will take a little time.

Mario probably expecting to mine the next portal wave ... with a new OC on board and WR coach ... to land two WR's'.

1670259671538-png.218052

He did

I don’t want to in any way shape or form lessen what Lanning did but it also helps having a guy like Mario there before you getting these kids to visit early in their careers, build relationships etc

We had the opposite here when it comes to Manny building long term recruiting

Still you gotta close the deal Lanning did an amazing job
Got to give him 6 years to see those relationships and superior classes coming in like that bama class

for all the talk about Cristobal's recruiting at Oregon, Lanning in his 1st year has landed 1 **** of a class up there. no dropoff at all...
Successful program vs NOT recently - we need to show improvement next season. Several top '24 recruits have said they are looking for improvement to influence their decision. Anyone else waiting on the OC announcement......

Advertisement
Honestly it sucks that Cormani pulled his shenanigans. This was the #4 class, a friggin TOP 5 class, and his mother and company pulled that stunt.

I don't care what you say, it put a damper on this class. This was arguably going to be the best set of talent ever signed on paper for a Miami class.

Now I don't necessarily think him not coming is going to effect the 2023 season much as the new OC, TVD, and portal additions will have a much bigger effect on this upcoming season. It was more about optics and overall potential of the class later on.
Best class on paper since 247 sure
Not best class ever

why do i gotta throw ****at Mario? id ask why you gotta put your cap on for Mario every chance you get? you dont know me any more or less than i know you but 1 thing that easily noticeable is that i'm not on here daily ****ting or caping for Mario. In fact the lack of nuanced conversations with honesty & context is why i dont post as much I used to.

the consensus on the board last summer was "Riley is gonna clean house in the west coast & now that Cristobal is gone they're gonna see a sharp decline in recruiting" well it's NSD & it's ok to be honest & say they just signed 1 **** of a class up there

did i say "Mario is an overrated recruiter" "Mario cant close w/ uncle Phil Knight & Nike"? no but you sure were quick *** **** to jump on a random poster to put on the cap for Mario & start talking **** about the fanbase...i go to every game sit in my seat 15 minutes before kick & cheer on my team. who the **** are you to talk down on fans for their opinions on a message board?
You seem to have enough comprehension skills to be able to seperate one topic from the other. Maybe I gave you too much credit. You can say whatever you feel. But maybe if you're not attempting to **** on your teams coach you'd say as good of a recruiter as Mario is, Lanning is also doing a **** of a job... But yup I gotta cap(as u say)for Mario every chance I get. Far as who the **** I am, I'm someone who's entitled to my own opinions just like you are. Don't mean I'm gonna agree with them nor will I not call our supposed fans out for their constant desire to drag everyone down with them. You feel that shoe fits you than wear that ****.

Advertisement
I am as frustrated as anyone by the duration of the OC change, but so-called Cane fans that want to **** on Mario should review the 2023 recruiting class and put a checkmark next each recruits' name you think Manny Diaz would have signed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back