National recruiting

Advertisement
I spoke with two HS coaches who were at Legends camp (they also helped us get a couple elite prospects on the team) and they both told me Mario wants to win TODAY. Not in a year or two. I was suspect because I understand these things take time but he right away told me, with this staff, and the transfers, Miami will start winning right away. What does that mean? Idk but I saw his faith in Mario and the direction where Miami is going. These guys aren’t suckers so I was a bit in awe.

Mario said this was ''war''

Well, war is ****-- and the other side started it

I was born in 94. The entire south side of Houston from 99 to at least 2008 wore heavy cane gear. We were all fans. People reading this may think I’m exaggerating but the only school more popular in my neighborhood was UT. Now that’s not even the case UH has risen. I’ve had a lot of convos in recent times, and I’ve seen things. Miami is IN Houston’s trenches. Watch what Mario does.

Ive said this before, when I wear my Nike UM sweatsuit when I travel, there have been so many times people will make comments -- all positive like, "hey, the U!!' -- the Miami admin has never truly understood the power and popularity of their own brand

As Mario said about that U -- it's special

People forget how well Jimmy Johnson, and to a certain degree Dennis Erickson after him, was recruiting big-name guys nationally in that era

Especially JJ, he really created the pipeline to Texas, where guys like Charles Pharms basically recruited himself to UM, and then later guys like Jesse Armstead, Kevin Williams, etc. He even got guys from, Chicago (Russell Maryland and Andre Brown)

We've had solid players from New Jersey for years. California has contributed various guys(including Gino Torretta, Scott Covington and Ken Dorsey)

Miami is a national brand. And when it's what it should be -- it can rival anybody

Never understood why in certain games we kept jamming the ball up the middle with him over and over again

It's like using a scalpel as a hammer...
I think he’s going to be better this year with less carries. He looked worn down from it. It will be interesting to see how we split the carries if Chaney is healthy. I think Trevonte is a game changer as well. Parrish is a good player, but I don’t believe he should be RB1. Franklin for short yardage and 4Q smash mouth and grinding the clock.

Advertisement
I think he’s going to be better this year with less carries. He looked worn down from it. It will be interesting to see how we split the carries if Chaney is healthy. I think Trevonte is a game changer as well. Parrish is a good player, but I don’t believe he should be RB1. Franklin for short yardage and 4Q smash mouth and grinding the clock.

yes, less is more with Rooster, getting him out in space and having specific plays that he's good at. He's not meant to be a plowhorse inside

@DMoney you were actually right when Manny Diaz was HC because he had no appeal to attract National recruits.

The reason why it’s working now is because
1) the financial investment in the program is real
2) Mario is national coach from his time at Bama & as HC at Oregon

I suspect at least 95% of these National recruits we’re after we wouldn’t stand a chance with if we still had Manny at the helm. I didn’t think it would happen this soon, my summation was that it would take a class or 2 before the National kids got back on board with us.

When he was able to snag TreVonte Citizen from out of Louisiana & I was proven wrong in that instance, in which @supacane was 100% right, that’s when I realized that Mario was really about to bulldoze over the National recruiting trail, because landing a 4-star high ranked kid from Louisiana has been a rare feat to accomplish if you weren’t LSU, Bama or TAMU.

I knew we were getting Cyrus Moss, but stealing Citizen was a huge win that laid the foundation for what was to come.

Now this class for 2023 is looking to be predominantly OOS with a good mix of local athletes who are explosive & good athletic upside.

Once we forge a pipeline into TX, STL & the Northeast all **** is going to break lose in the recruiting world, because all the Playoff teams have been hoarding all the talent from those regions for themselves & now that Miami has bought our stake of land & planted our flag in the ground in regions we normally would be laughed out of town in, the rest of College Football is in trouble...

I underestimated how fast he would be able to turn things around on the recruiting front, because the fog of the last 20 years clouded my judgement, but Mario has made it clear he plans on winning & winning big ASAP & these first 2 classes will be the building blocks for what returns us back to prominence.

We are on the rise!
Respectfully, I think you’re vastly underestimating the National *** appeal of Lispy

can we pls change the title of this thread to national recruiting - we phucking phucking

love the contributions from LCE dmoney zbrod and all others. Deep bench we have at CIS. Nice boys

Advertisement
No, they’re mostly excited for the program too as far as I can see...

But the ones who aren’t, oh well 🤷🏽‍♂️ fck’em...

It’s get down or lay down time & whoever ain’t on board is getting ran over.
Wins is whats gonna matter to Florida kids. That and players getting drafted. When the top players leave the coaches say oh they made a business decision, but then they want us to fall back on the lower rated players they have, you know, hometown loyalty and all that. No Mario is gonna go after the best everywhere. These coaches are not dictating to us anymore. They are high school coaches. Incompetence and inferiority days are over

Advertisement
I think Mario’s time in Oregon building west coast connections has really helped us on the national stage. Plus let’s give some credit to the people who pumped the money into our recruiting budget. It’s expensive to recruit on the other side of the country. We’re spending like a real program and seeing real results

@Liberty City El has been saying for years that we need to recruit nationally. His (accurate) point was that you can’t win national championships without national players.

My concern was always that we were getting leftovers nationally. I thought we had to win a little bit before we could compete with the big boys outside of Florida.

Mario has proven me wrong. We spent $80 million on the best recruiter in the country and then spent more on an elite staff. That, along with NIL, has allowed to skip a couple steps and take on the top dogs.

- Jaleel Skinner (South Carolina) picked Miami over Bama.

- Cyrus Moss (Las Vegas) picked Miami over USC

- TreVonte’ Citizen (Louisiana) picked Miami over LSU.

It has only gone up from there. Mario has a chance to land the #1 player in Washington and the #1 player in Oregon. That doesn’t make geographical sense. He beat Iowa for a Minnesota TE. He beat Clemson and OU for a Texas TE. Beat everyone for an elite California QB. Next up is stealing a New Jersey safety from Ohio State.

And this is just the beginning.
snoop dr dre GIF

Advertisement
View attachment 194460
6-0' 217 RB: TreVonte' Citizen (@Tre_Citizen1) On3 | 247 | ESPN | Rivals | Hudl | Thread
Ran 11.43 100-meters as a Soph.
40-time: IDK
5'11 215 RB: Don Chaney
Ran 10.8n100-meters as a Soph
40-time: 4.4

When it comes to playing RB, Chaney Jr. can literally do it all. At 5’11” 203lbs, he’s well built and muscular, but with the room to add 10-15lbs and still maintain his athleticism. Chaney Jr. has very good speed, having been timed in the 4.4’s in the 40 yard dash at offseason recruiting events, 4.16 in the short shuttle, 10.8 in the 100 meter dash on the track, with a 39 inch vertical. So he’s fast in medium and long distances, quick in short areas, with explosive burst

5'11 215 RB: Don Chaney
Ran 10.8n100-meters as a Soph
40-time: 4.4

When it comes to playing RB, Chaney Jr. can literally do it all. At 5’11” 203lbs, he’s well built and muscular, but with the room to add 10-15lbs and still maintain his athleticism. Chaney Jr. has very good speed, having been timed in the 4.4’s in the 40 yard dash at offseason recruiting events, 4.16 in the short shuttle, 10.8 in the 100 meter dash on the track, with a 39 inch vertical. So he’s fast in medium and long distances, quick in short areas, with explosive burst
A healthy Chaney is the total package and a future pro. Unfortunately the most important word for him is “healthy”.

View attachment 194460
6-0' 217 RB: TreVonte' Citizen (@Tre_Citizen1) On3 | 247 | ESPN | Rivals | Hudl | Thread
Ran 11.43 100-meters as a Soph.
40-time: IDK
Don’t seem like enough long speed if you go by the reported times. We will see. People got to let players get in pads imo before we start anointing someone going to start by the end of the season when they are already a bunch of talented backs on the roster in the rb room. Excited to see how he does in pads though

Advertisement
Back