National recruiting

People forget how well Jimmy Johnson, and to a certain degree Dennis Erickson after him, was recruiting big-name guys nationally in that era

Especially JJ, he really created the pipeline to Texas, where guys like Charles Pharms basically recruited himself to UM, and then later guys like Jesse Armstead, Kevin Williams, etc. He even got guys from, Chicago (Russell Maryland and Andre Brown)

We've had solid players from New Jersey for years. California has contributed various guys(including Gino Torretta, Scott Covington and Ken Dorsey)

Miami is a national brand. And when it's what it should be -- it can rival anybody

Exactly. I grew up in NH and now live in MA and Miami caught my eye and catches others up here when it is what it should be

Can’t say the same for Bama, UF, OSU, etc.

USC would be the only similar program to us on a national level

Last edited:
Advertisement
I spoke with two HS coaches who were at Legends camp (they also helped us get a couple elite prospects on the team) and they both told me Mario wants to win TODAY. Not in a year or two. I was suspect because I understand these things take time but he right away told me, with this staff, and the transfers, Miami will start winning right away. What does that mean? Idk but I saw his faith in Mario and the direction where Miami is going. These guys aren’t suckers so I was a bit in awe.

This is something we've been missing: No dang excuses from the very top. Doesn't guarantee we will but nothing short of excellence will be tolerated.

Advertisement
It's funny how fast y'all switch up... only remember 2-3 posters saying go national @Zbrod95 and @Liberty City El for the most part agreed with me about outta state schools sfla relationships...... all I heard from most here was we are going lock down sfla our 3* are better than 4* and just as good as 5* everywhere else.... it's true sometimes on the flip side there are several 4* flops that were overrated....at least @DMoney admitted he was wrong.....most here follow everything he says which is mostly right....I get it, but don't act like y'all was on the national train all along...

Ive said this before, when I wear my Nike UM sweatsuit when I travel, there have been so many times people will make comments -- all positive like, "hey, the U!!' -- the Miami admin has never truly understood the power and popularity of their own brand

As Mario said about that U -- it's special
That U is just different brother. I’m a Texan and that logo means so much more to me than any other school here. And I’m a proud UH alum haha

It's funny how fast y'all switch up... only remember 2-3 posters saying go national @Zbrod95 and @Liberty City El for the most part agreed with me about outta state schools sfla relationships...... all I heard from most here was we are going lock down sfla our 3* are better than 4* and just as good as 5* everywhere else.... it's true sometimes on the flip side there are several 4* flops that were overrated....at least @DMoney admitted he was wrong.....most here follow everything he says which is mostly right....I get it, but don't act like y'all was on the national train all along...
That’s a fact!! I wasn’t as vocal but I called everybody out who just blindly preferred a low ranking kid from Florida over a low ranking kid elsewhere. That 3 star in south Florida **** is as mythical as those 96 bricks Hov lost

Advertisement
Never understood why in certain games we kept jamming the ball up the middle with him over and over again

It's like using a scalpel as a hammer...
hoping to pop one and honestly i think just to even out the numbers in the run pass ratio ... can't hate on lashlee tho, solid oc

Joining Welcome Home GIF

That U is just different brother. I’m a Texan and that logo means so much more to me than any other school here. And I’m a proud UH alum haha
I'm a Texan too. I'm in Dallas, but my sister lives on the Southside of Houston. I wear my Canes gear religiously and I'm always getting compliments or that celebrity "stare." I was in San Antonio during the NCAA Tourney (had my Canes bball jersey on) and everywhere I went there was someone saying they were rooting for []__[]s. The []__[] still holds weight💯.

Advertisement
Count me in as someone who said we should go national and of course hit Texas hard as I am a fellow Texan as well…

Advertisement
I'm a Texan too. I'm in Dallas, but my sister lives on the Southside of Houston. I wear my Canes gear religiously and I'm always getting compliments or that celebrity "stare." I was in San Antonio during the NCAA Tourney (had my Canes bball jersey on) and everywhere I went there was someone saying they were rooting for []__[]s. The []__[] still holds weight💯.
OU fans still got salt tho. LOL we whooped those tricks.

Advertisement
Back