"Nate"

she was still underage, and it's worth pointing out that the age of consent is 16 in ohio. slice it however you want, but the dude was 33 years old and she was 15. "oh i thought she was 16" isn't a great defense.

Absolutely agree. That's why I said I wasn't defending the entirety of his actions and was pretty much just making the case that the Epstein comparison was beyond a stretch.

There have to be boundaries in society and the legal system and this dude (Cane or not) violated them. I still think he got screwed by not taking the plea deal and I'd also wish that if we're going to be (rightfully) black and white with something like this that we'd also be black and white on the flip side and stop charging actual kids as adults too.

While we're at it, let's make either 18 or 21 the national age to vote, drink, etc. too. But I digress....

Advertisement
she was still underage, and it's worth pointing out that the age of consent is 16 in ohio. slice it however you want, but the dude was 33 years old and she was 15. "oh i thought she was 16" isn't a great defense.

If 16 is legal how is "oh I thought she was 16" not a great defense? It is exactly the same thing as banging a 17 year old thinking she was 18.

He was ranked as an LB by 247.
We're talking about this guy, right?

There's another guy name Akeem Dent who played linebacker years ago and is now a coach but he's also listed as 6'1" 239 lbs.

Advertisement
Both where ranked as LBs. It doesn't matter what position they play in college. I was pointing out that 247 does rank undersized guys as 4 stars if they think they are talented enough.
Did Akeem Dent ever even play linebacker? Not sure about the Oregon kid, maybe he played some lb in high school, but he wasn't "ranked" as a 4* linebacker.

Of course they rank guys that are undersized... as wide receivers, corners and rbs.

Did Akeem Dent ever even play linebacker? Not sure about the Oregon kid, maybe he played some lb in high school, but he wasn't "ranked" as a 4* linebacker.

Of course they rank guys that are undersized... as wide receivers, corners and rbs.

I edited my post. I was totally wrong.

Played a few seasons in Tampa mostly as a reserve. He was still tiny by NFL standards.
It’s been so long but how big was Nate when he was with us. I remember him being undersized but do you remember his height and weight his junior year?

Advertisement
It’s been so long but how big was Nate when he was with us. I remember him being undersized but do you remember his height and weight his junior year?
I believe UM had him listed at 5'11" 225. Ironically, he'd probably play more today because smaller, faster linebackers are the rage against spread teams but 20 years ago, football was still all bout lining up with two backs and a tight end and if you weren't big enough to take on a lead blocker, you couldn't play inside linebacker in the NFL.

Look at Ray Lewis at Miami vs Ray Lewis at Baltimore. He probably played 35 pounds heavier in the NFL than he did in college.

I believe UM had him listed at 5'11" 225. Ironically, he'd probably play more today because smaller, faster linebackers are the rage against spread teams but 20 years ago, football was still all bout lining up with two backs and a tight end and if you weren't big enough to take on a lead blocker, you couldn't play inside linebacker in the NFL.

Look at Ray Lewis at Miami vs Ray Lewis at Baltimore. He probably played 35 pounds heavier in the NFL than he did in college.
It was that Deer Antler

Oh

without a doubt UM started the
Market for the undersized linebacker with the speed of a DB. And if that was his listed size then he was probably a little closer to 5’10 and 220 as they always inflate those numbers a bit. Yea I agree with you about Ray but unlike Nate, Ray had the frame and height to pack on that extra weight in the nfl and not loose his speed. **** I wIsh Nate wouldn’t have listened to edge and stayed his senior year to line up alongside Morgan. That might have made the difference in the UW game .

Advertisement
I'm not trying to play a moral equivalence, I pointed out the difference. Point blank Nate shouldn't still be in prison, especially compared to what Epstein got.
LOL. I'm not trying to play a moral equivalence... proceeds to "point out the difference" between the deeds/punishments of a pedophile and a "worse" pedophile.

PS - I get it, not the right forum for this discussion. No matter how deplorable your next post defending a child molester is, I promise not to respond.

An absolute savage. If he didn’t get jobbed on his final year of eligibility he would have won every LB award.

**** shame he got railroaded for a consensual loving relationship. People worship Elvis, and he was guilty of the same “crime-“ falling in love.

Advertisement
An absolute savage. If he didn’t get jobbed on his final year of eligibility he would have won every LB award.

**** shame he got railroaded for a consensual loving relationship. People worship Elvis, and he was guilty of the same “crime-“ falling in love.
Let's not forget a 27 year old Steven Tyler getting custody of his 14 yr old girlfriend so she could travel with him.

Nate would not only start on todays team....he'd be All ACC...
That's what you think. They'd put all kinds of trash ahead of him. Even the All ACC teams are biased against us. Oh he'd be deserving, but you know how they treat our players on those lists.

Morgan would have won the awards still. Not saying Webster wouldn't have deserved the attention, but Morgan was more popular among voting types.

Advertisement
Back