Nasty play from Nesta

Dude half assed it most of the time and tried to start fights with teammates and he failed to honor his commitment

But if you think he stayed true, lol

Dude would have melted under Mario.

This is an even dumber post.
Where did you hear Nesta half assed it while he was here?

Nesta is one of a few Dlineman who I can remember consistently running down ball carriers 20 to 30 yards downfield.

The dude always played with passion and heart.

He may have had a couple runs in with the coaches and teammates but it's nothing compared to what people on the boards try to make it out to be.

Advertisement
Where did you hear Nesta half assed it while he was here?

Nesta is one of a few Dlineman who I can remember consistently running down ball carriers 20 to 30 yards downfield.

The dude always played with passion and heart.

He may have had a couple runs in with the coaches and teammates but it's nothing compared to what people on the boards try to make it out to be.
So after watching him play, you don't think he took plays off???? If he didn't, why didn't he have a greater impact?

Sapp played with passion and heart, Nesta nah.

So after watching him play, you don't think he took plays off???? If he didn't, why didn't he have a greater impact?

Sapp played with passion and heart, Nesta nah.
Wow, this guy used Sapp as a comparable. lol

Sapp was a ultra-talented *ickhead. That's a fact.

Aight; now I’m officially through w/ PFF. Nesta had 19 solo tackles/ 36 “assist” tackles & .5 sacks on the season, on a team that went 3-9. He wasn’t even the best DLman on his team.
Better late than never. Star ***** central.

He is who we thought he was. JAG

Advertisement
Dude would have melted under Mario.

This is an even dumber post.

The entire team melted under Mario. He wouldn't have hurt the team, but I didn't mind him skipping town. He was one of the more annoying post play performers I've ever seen. Whenever he'd make a play, only a couple a game, he'd flex or stand there like he was some boss *** savage.

Jackson had 3 sacks in 1 yr, here; Nesta has 2.5 sacks in 5 yrs.

Lack of sacks don't make or break a DT. But since you want to go there, Nesta was one of our leaders in TFL when He was here, which are like sacks.

Idgaf if he had 100 tackles on the yr; that mean’s absolutely chit when those tackles are 7-8 yrds down the field!

Well, you do have to have to run down the field if the ball doesn't come in your gap, that's called pursuit.

The entire team melted under Mario. He wouldn't have hurt the team, but I didn't mind him skipping town. He was one of the more annoying post play performers I've ever seen. Whenever he'd make a play, only a couple a game, he'd flex or stand there like he was some boss *** savage.
He's not the only one, a lot of these current dudes bark and flex after making a play while the team is losing.

Nesta has potential, he could have been more, he choose less. But mouthbreathers here on CIS want to crown him

Advertisement
Our whole team melted. As did our record. Nesta saw an opportunity. Took it. Did well enough to achieve this nod. Why are people butthurt about it?
To prove their narrative he sucked. Which was wrong the whole time. He's better than anything that was on our second team unit quite easily and basically should/would have split reps with the 1st team

To prove their narrative he sucked. Which was wrong the whole time. He's better than anything that was on our second team unit quite easily and basically should/would have split reps with the 1st team

I agree with this. But if he was a soloist who wasn't coachable by the new staff, he did need to go. Win/win. Very happy for Nesta. But we really didn't see a marginal net loss after adding Jackson. Our DL play did not lose us 7 games.

Im very happy for Nesta Silvera.

He committed to the Canes and stayed true to UM through through the Manny Diaz era. When Mario made it clear that he would not be getting much playing time this season, he went elsewhere and thrived. All Pac 12 in a year when the Pac 12 had a strong conference performance.

I never understood the hate for the guy. Even here he gets all Pac-12 first team and still the hate comes his way.

I agree with this. But if he was a soloist who wasn't coachable by the new staff, he did need to go. Win/win. Very happy for Nesta. But we really didn't see a marginal net loss after adding Jackson. Our DL play did not lose us 7 games.
didnt say he didnt need to go. Just that majority of the fans stated he sucked, etc and they were wrong. He's a solid player that has limitations but always seemed to play hard when on the field.

Advertisement
Eye In The Sky
didnt say he didnt need to go. Just that majority of the fans stated he sucked, etc and they were wrong. He's a solid player that has limitations but always seemed to play hard when on the field.

100. I always loved that Nesta never gave up. For those guys joking about him making tackles 15 yards downfield, Nesta often saved even bigger bust plays from happening. How many DTs do that? I expect some NFL teams will consider that an asset. Again, I wish him nothing but the best.

Advertisement
Ppl can say what they want, I think he sucked. Was always disappointed by his play. Nesta was a weird player bc it always seemed like had a motor for talking and chasing plays downfield as opposed to upfield. But that motor never applied to pass rushing or run stopping. He seldom created any negative plays. His biggest move was 'getting the last word in' on plays where he would jump on guys late who were already down or when forward progress was stopped. Belly flopping on players to try and knock their wind out. Did it to Jordan Travis once in 2020. Which was funny. He loved doing that s, which is partly why people 'remember' him being in on so many plays.

It says everything about him that he transferred to ASU, a program with a lawless locker room and where it was a foregone conclusion that they were going to be w.o a head coach @ some point during the season.

Advertisement
Back