Nasty play from Nesta

Y’all never give him enough credit imo. When in reality he was one of the only productive players in his recruiting class, him, greg and Brevin have easily been the best of storm 18
I give him credit for producing some. But think back to when we got him….you think he’s lived up to the hype?

Advertisement
I give him credit for producing some. But think back to when we got him….you think he’s lived up to the hype?
He was hurt his first year and played sparingly behind the most dominant lineman in football in Gerald willis.

2nd year he started off with a leg injury

3rd year Nesta had a good year 9 tackles for loss and should have been more if his stats were accurately recorded and he was one of the best pass rushing dts in the country per pff.

4th year his playing time has dropped alittle but he still be making plays if you watch the games. He plays hard

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nesta is a good player, he could be a great player, but gets in his own way with bull**** sometimes. That's my opinion at least. He is the kind of guy that makes a tackle on first down, forces a hurry on 2nd down, then roughs the passer on third down. He's a high variance player.

Advertisement
Unfortunately for every 1 of those there are 10 where he just runs himself out of the play. I will give him credit for playing hard, though
Nesta also needs to calm down that bully act chit he does; sliding over a player when the play is over. He could’ve easily been called for 2 USL calls. We’re in no position to talk chit anyway.

Just finished the game. Knowing the score going in sucks but whatever.

Highlights:
Rambo
J. Williams
Rooster
Secondary coverage
Kitchens

Nesta is a good player, he could be a great player, but gets in his own way with bull**** sometimes. That's my opinion at least. He is the kind of guy that makes a tackle on first down, forces a hurry on 2nd down, then roughs the passer on third down. He's a high variance player.
He’s never had a roughing the passer penalty though

Advertisement
Nesta flashes, but isn't consistent. He could be a **** good player if he COMMITTED to being **** good. I don't see that level of commitment, that ability to play game in and game out. He isn't naturally gifted enough to coast on that, he needs to have the motor to go with the talent he does have. He doesn't.

He’s never had a roughing the passer penalty though
I said he is the kind of guy to do something like that, but because you refuse to accept an abstract example, here is an example that happened. In the loss to FIU, he gets some penetration on 1st down disrupting the RBs running lane, other guys make the tackle, but he blew up the play. On 2nd down, they rush for about 5 yards to the opposite side from him. He chases the play down and is in on the tackle. As the RB gets up Nesta headbutts the RB drawing a 15yd automatic 1st down instead of 3rd and 4.

I want Nesta to be successful, but I can't ignore flaws.

That’s what defensive tackles look like whenever Cam gets a carry. Glad to see us do that against an opponent.

Give Nesta a swim move and we cookin with gas.
This post. Nesta has always played hard and made plays but his lack of technique and poor use of his hands is holding him back. If Nesta perfected a swim move, and a push, pull and rip move with his power he would make plays on a more consistent basis.

Advertisement
Back