Nasty play from Nesta

Fj4C6kRWAAALZsf

Advertisement
Advertisement
Aight; now I’m officially through w/ PFF. Nesta had 19 solo tackles/ 36 “assist” tackles & .5 sacks on the season, on a team that went 3-9. He wasn’t even the best DLman on his team. The only player deserving 1st team anything on ASU is Soelle. I have zero idea where PFF be getting chit from, but they r hella inaccurate w/ the collegiate game.
Referring to PFF as a whole, but it does suck.

You don’t know every players assignment on a certain play. A coach could have a DT run a stunt, for example, and PFF could grade it that they ran themselves out of a play that went the opposite direction. It’s all subjective. It seems a lot of football people are against it too

Referring to PFF as a whole, but it does suck.

You don’t know every players assignment on a certain play. A coach could have a DT run a stunt, for example, and PFF could grade it that they ran themselves out of a play that went the opposite direction. It’s all subjective. It seems a lot of football people are against it too
It’s also why judging a DT’s production based solely on individual statistics is pointless. A lot of these guys’ responsibilities are to eat blocks. It doesn’t show up as a stat. A guy can dominate and finish the game with three tackles and no sacks.

That said, Silvera was an average player for us. I didn’t watch any ASU football this year so I don’t know how he did. He was limited athletically and wasn’t particularly huge for a DT. A lot of his impact was just through hustle. We could have used him as a rotational player this year but he was never a star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back