Nasty play from Nesta

Nesta flashes, but isn't consistent. He could be a **** good player if he COMMITTED to being **** good. I don't see that level of commitment, that ability to play game in and game out. He isn't naturally gifted enough to coast on that, he needs to have the motor to go with the talent he does have. He doesn't.
I don't think commitment is his issue. Nesta cares and is very passionate. You can see it by how he plays the game. I think he lacks technique.

His toolbox is lacking and only has one tool in it: bullrush. Add more tools to his toolbox and you have something special.

Advertisement
Tackling Easter Bunny GIF by MLB
Targeting. But still deserves an offer

What a play by nesta. Say what you want about the kid but he plays hard as ****

And? I can show two clips from yesterday’s game of Mallory looking great. Doesn’t mean he hasnt been playing terrible all season

Advertisement
He was hurt his first year and played sparingly behind the most dominant lineman in football in Gerald willis.

2nd year he started off with a leg injury

3rd year Nesta had a good year 9 tackles for loss and should have been more if his stats were accurately recorded and he was one of the best pass rushing dts in the country per pff.

4th year his playing time has dropped alittle but he still be making plays if you watch the games. He plays hard
All of that just leads to what i said, which is that for whatever reasons, he has not lived up to what we expected.

This post. Nesta has always played hard and made plays but his lack of technique and poor use of his hands is holding him back. If Nesta perfected a swim move, and a push, pull and rip move with his power he would make plays on a more consistent basis.
short arms ...swim wouldnt be his thing..Push pull though would work more for him.

Leonard Taylor maybe swims every other play lol...I have no clue how it works so well because me as a lineman would figure that out rather quickly and start washing his ***

Advertisement

He has multiple plays like this per game where he completely disrupts plays , you just got to watch more closely

That looks like Michael Oher in high school taking the kid over the fence. If the QB had not been in the way who knows how far Nesta would have taken the center.

Silvera isn't Sapp, Maryland or Brown. He's not even Willis. But he's very solid and his motor never stops. Our problems are at the edge and with LB. If we had those fixed, Silvera would be much more productive.
Harvey is playing better on the edge every game. It's coming along.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nesta is solid. The issue with being as loud as he is that it makes him a target if he underperforms.

He is a good DT that makes a some disruptive splash plays. He will be missed.
Dude makes a play or two and then takes terrible aggresive angles for alot of other plays. But those two plays, he celebrates and acts like a badass so everyone knows. And since we haven't had anything better in a long time, we eat it up. But he's been average and below expectation overall.

Dude makes a play or two and then takes terrible aggresive angles for alot of other plays. But those two plays, he celebrates and acts like a badass so everyone knows. And since we haven't had anything better in a long time, we eat it up. But he's been average and below expectation overall.
Sounds like you just got a vendetta against the kid who ain’t did sh*t to you but play with heart on the field . It’s getting weird💯

Big fan of Nesta. He’s got midget arms and is limited physically, but he plays hard and he hates losing. That’s about all you can hope for these days at Miami.

Advertisement
Back