My Scrimmage Notes

MAC 6 CANES

Recruit
Sorry about the format. Tried my best to get all my thoughts on my phone in notes. Hope you guys enjoy. If you have any questions feel free to ask away

Sheriffs started
Jackson and young at corner
DeeJay receiving punts
Testaverde second drive
- nice pass and catch langham for a first down
- Two throws to Haskins who looks good
Berrios receiving punts
Owens starting over pickney
Rosier holding onto the ball. In after shireffs for orange team
Shaq with nice coverage on Berrios
Allison in after testaverde for white team
Shireffs back in for orange
- nice wheel pass to Walton. Showed good timing patience
- Herndon is a beast caught a swing and turned up field. Ran over young for a first down
- Shireffs nice back shoulder throw but dropped by Richards
- Walton absolute beast spun out on a cut back and picked up a first down. Impressive explosion
- QB's seem to have a lot of time
- Screen pass to Richards for a first down
- Lots of high snaps
- Shireffs with a nice drive for a field goal. Made it down to the 10. Homer didn't get the extra yard for a first
Weldon in with white team
- Mike smith looked good
- Threw it up to dj on a free play. Dj almost made an awesome catch. Ball skills
- 3 and out
Mullins receiving punts
Rosier back in with orange team
- hand off to Walton who pushes the pile for 4
- Nice strong throw to Mullins in the gap up the sideline in cover 2
- Hand off to Walton tackled in backfield
- Malek young steels and interception from Mullins. Nice jump
Testaverde back in with white
- tried for a middle screen to langham
- Adkins only RB for white
- Tried for fade to langham. A little overthrown carter was there
Shireffs back in with orange
- screen to homer knocked down by McIntosh
- Thomas knocks down the pass to Richards
- Shireffs creates time tries for a throw to Richards but incomplete/out of bounds
Allison back in with white
- interception by Romeo Finley

Rosier back in with orange
- Walton running with ease. Spinning, stiff arms. Nice patience 25 yard pick up
- Hand off to Walton
- Pass batted down by Michael Jackson corner blitz
- Beautiful throw down the seam to Herndon for a TD. Throw was up top only Herndon could get it
- Bad snap on the extra point
Irvin is fat as **** but still moves surprisingly well
Sea real broke a white board lol. Fired up on sideline
Weldon in
- handoff stuffed in backfield
- Weldon takes off showed a nice juke
- Langham missed communication. Wrong route sack by bethel
Shireffs back in
- pass incomplete to Berrios. QB's have time
- Homer showing toughness. Stuffed at the line but broke through. Was blown dead early
- Norton with a sack
DeeJay dropped a punt. Crazy wind and at the sideline. Gotta let that go
Testaverde back in for white team
- screen pass to dayall Harris first down
- Run stuffed
- Nice throw to langham who got arm tackled (closelined) by carter
- Testaverde missed langham wide open deep on a fade. Missed him long
- Against 3rd team d
- Incomplete pass. Carter showing nice instincts
- Punt
Rosier back in for orange
- Mullins Braxton and Richards starting
- Rosier RPO keeper for 8
- Walton running tough breaking initial contact first down
- Nice RPO slant to Richards
- Fade to Richards who looked like he stopped. Malek young awesome coverage
- Walton run for 3 tackled by shaq
- Nice sideline catch and throw to Mullins for a first down. Tip toe catch
- Mark shows awesome patience. Run for 9
- Another malek young pic 6 and a bad throw from rosier. Malek jumped the hitch
- Extra point good
Allison back in for white
- DeeJay Harris and langham at WR
- Run up the middle for 9
- Dayall screen for a first down
- Another dayall screen for 6
- Run stuffed
- Screen to DeeJay deflected off his hands and dystra caught it
- Dayall adjusted to a back shoulder throw from Allison. Nice throw and nice catch. 20 yards
- Deep tthroww to dayall bad throw. Finley there
- Langham slant catch nice dart for 7
- Nice outside hitch dart to langham. Allison showing off arm strength
- Bubble screen to Atkins
- Henley pass break up. Bad PI call IMO
- Allison nice needle thread to langham
-

Debiase in for white. Million dollar man's nephew
- run for 9
- Pass incomplete. Walkons in
- Amari carter smacked malice curry and a screen
- TJ callan run for 7
- Callan run for 10
- Debiase nice juke lol
- Callan run for 10 tackled by carter
Shireffs back out with orange
- nice pass breakup by Mike Jackson to Richards
- Nice pass to Mullins for 7. Out route
- Homer picks up the first
- Hand off to homer for 3
- Sack by moten.
- Pass incomplete to Richards.
- Punt
Weldon back in for white
- middle screen to dayall. 8 yard pick up
- TJ callan for a 20 yard run
- Terrible deep ball from Weldon to langham. Duck
- Slant route thrown high to langham. Nice grab for a first and goal
- Atkins stuffed
- Weldon nice redzone fade throw to langham. Nice size and grab from langham. Awesome redzone threat
Rosier in for orange
- threaded the needle in the gap of coverage up the sideline to Richards for a TD. Robert knowles tried to jump it but didn't get there. Malek young almost fracked him down. Kid is fast and aggressive
Testarverde back in for white
- Atkins run for 1
- Incomplete to langham
- Garvin sack
Shirrefs back in
- Homer shows some shiftiness for 7
- Fade throw to Richards. Young blanketing him. Bad PI call
- Dayall Harris catch for a first. Switched to orange jersey
- Mullins broke up a bad deep throw might have been a pick. Millon has lost some quickness IMO
- Shaq throwing homer around and a run stuff. Powerful dude
- Pass picked off by Charles Perry. Tipped up by shaq
Allison in for white
- incomplete to Haskins
- Pass complete to Haskins
- Atkins gets the first
- RPO sack by garvin
- Atkins stuffed
- Allison stand tall in pocket and hits malek curry for a first down on 3rd and long
- Incomplete bubble screen
- Atkins 3 yard pick up
- Punt
Rosier back in with 2:50 left in 4th
- Bad timing throw to Richards whose blanketed by young
- Muffed snap thrown away
- Nice throw to Mullins on the deep out first down
- Nice 15 yards pass to Herndon. Thriving in intermediate throws. Struggling on quick routes IMO
- Homer up the middle nice burst for 20
- Rj McIntosh sack
- Homer stuffed
- Bullet out throw to Richards catch for 5. 4th and 11 going for it. Orange is down 24-16
- Rosier with a terrible baseball throw. Duck. Had Herndon on the post corner open

Heard whispers or a possible Defensive commit for '18 class today and an offensive commit to come in a couple of weeks on Offense.

Langham really impressed. He's a nice target for these inexperienced QB's. Uses his body extremely well. Great redzone target.

Think Mullins has lost a step from adding size. Made some great body control sideline catches though

Dayall Harris is mr. Screen pass. Has great footwork and knows how to get the necessary yards. Nice possession WR

Didn't even notice Berrios on the field.

Richards didn't look 100%. But still a freak. He is to credit for that long TD from rosier. Wouldn't have mattered what QB was in.

DeeJay is going to be a player for us. Awesome body control and ball skills

Herndon is a stud

Walton is a stud. Beast. Physical, quick, utilizing every move, spins, patience, stiff arms... complete RB

Homer needs to get stronger. But his athleticism is nice and he has great burst

QB's I don't even know what to say really.

Rosier does will with intermediate throws but struggles big time with touch throws and short timing routes. Still tried to baseball throw the ball it appears. Threw two pics. Terrible decisions at times.

Shireffs didn't look bad to me. Probably the best game manager choice we have right now IMO. Led some nice drive and throws a great deep ball. Nice backshoulder throws. Athleticism allows him to get out of the pocket and extend plays.

Allison is the best talent we have no doubt. Throws with nice zip and places the ball well. He sometimes relies on his first read and doesn't check down. Can force throws. But he gets away with it with his arm strength. Can thread needles.

Weldon no bueno. Athletic but needs a lot of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Listen to Mac, fellas. He doesn't post much but he is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the boards.

Second poster that says Weldon sucks right now looks like he's gonna get redshirted... where are the porsters who claimed he would start? OP what defenseo was Allison playing against 2nd string ? 3rd string??

Second poster that says Weldon sucks right now looks like he's gonna get redshirted... where are the porsters who claimed he would start? OP what defenseo was Allison playing against 2nd string ? 3rd string??

Second

Advertisement
How did the kicking game look?

Kicker and punter...on the fg's did the ball drive through or was it the floaty ball?

If the Miami offense can just find a way to score 24-28 pts a game(which isn't all that much) this team can have a great season. Question is: is that too much to ask?

The QB situation is what it is.

Apparently, Rosier is every bit as bad (innacurate, inconsistent) as has been reported. But the fact that Shirreffs and Allison can't separate from him means neither of them are very good, either, IMO.

Allison needs to make a HUGE jump between now and summer, and/or Perry better come ready to play. And neither of those seem all that probable, though [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] has already stated Perry will get every shot to win the top spot, so who knows??

But, in my opinion, if we have to start Rosier or Shirreffs, we're gonna need Mark Walton to be a legit Heisman candidate to field an offense worthy of how good this defense is projected to be.

Advertisement
Amari definitely got the blood flowing on both sides of the ball with a couple of big hits.

Malek looks ready to be that guy.

Kicking game was fine. Punter looked good and Badge hit all of the XPs and FGs that he attempted.

Apparently, Rosier is every bit as bad (innacurate, inconsistent) as has been reported. But the fact that Shirreffs and Allison can't separate from him means neither of them are very good, either, IMO.

Allison needs to make a HUGE jump between now and summer, and/or Perry better come ready to play. And neither of those seem all that probable, though [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] has already stated Perry will get every shot to win the top spot, so who knows??

But, in my opinion, if we have to start Rosier or Shirreffs, we're gonna need Mark Walton to be a legit Heisman candidate to field an offense worthy of how good this defense is projected to be.

Not sure I would fully agree with this after today. Yes, the pick 6 was bad but he came back and threw a rope to AR for a long TD. He put it exactly where it needed to be in between the safety and corner and AR housed it. It was sweet.

Kicker and punter...on the fg's did the ball drive through or was it the floaty ball?

Punting might be a problem. Inconsistent. No kick offs were done. Field goals looked fine other than the muffed snap

Advertisement
Not sure why a lot of people lkke rosier so much or feels like he is clearly the guy. I disagree big time. Allison wins the job if he takes the job seriously which it sounds and looks like he hasn't. His potential is still the best out of what we have. But if he's not committed to the job then it is what it is

Observations are funny. I've read two people who were there say Shirreffs is just awful. Not talented enough to be a D1 QB. Rosier's noted issues are the reason this is even a competition according to one guy. He has some ability and should be clearly out in front if not for his decision-making.

Yet these observations suggest that Shirreffs could be the guy. Whatever.

Advertisement
Nice!

Would love for this narrative to get more traction.

But everything we hear from "sources" is that Rosier is too inaccurate and consistent to win the job. I'm in the group that would prefer to not rush young talent onto the field at QB.

I'd feel much more comfortable with an "athletic game manager", in his 4th year, who is 1-0 as a starting QB against conference competition, on the road as the starter ... Especially going into game 3.

Not sure I would fully agree with this after today. Yes, the pick 6 was bad but he came back and threw a rope to AR for a long TD. He put it exactly where it needed to be in between the safety and corner and AR housed it. It was sweet.

Richt took the blame for that one too. Completely. Said he should've forced the defense to respect the deep ball more before calling that type of timing route. He alluded to Young knowing the signal as being a possibility for why he sat on the route.

Punting might be a problem. Inconsistent. No kick offs were done. Field goals looked fine other than the muffed snap

Great...sounds like our FG snapper is still having a problem figuring it the fvck out....

Who was snapping on FG's? (yes I know it's an obscure question but go watch the fsu game last year)

Advertisement
Back