My Scrimmage Notes

Nice!

Would love for this narrative to get more traction.

But everything we hear from "sources" is that Rosier is too inaccurate and consistent to win the job. I'm in the group that would prefer to not rush young talent onto the field at QB.

I'd feel much more comfortable with an "athletic game manager", in his 4th year, who is 1

Hopefully someone is able to post a link to the play because it was sweet. Someone sitting around me commented that the safety let up and could have lit AR up in real game action but it sure looked like Malik zipped it in there between the CB and S.

Advertisement
I feel like our defense is going to mold our offense, our run D is going to be the hardest d our o faces all year, Walton and homer are going to make it look easy against everybody else. I hope the same effect goes for the rest of the o as well.

I gotta feeling it's going to come down to Jack Allison and N.Perry. JA sounds like he's head and shoulders better as far as talent goes than the ES and MR and the fact that they all have hardly any experience, I think JA will pass them at some point before the season starts. If NP can come in and run 75% of the offense by week 3 then and JA hasn't taken a step or 2 from where he's at now, I think NP gets the start.

For people that's seen NP how fast is he compared to MR?

Shireffs didn't look bad to me. Probably the best game manager choice we have right now IMO. Led some nice drive and throws a great deep ball. Nice backshoulder throws. Athleticism allows him to get out of the pocket and extend plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could this be the case? He had one drive that resulted in points. It was the second drive of the game and he was silent afterwards with no drives lasting more that 6 plays or so. If UM's stats and your notes on him are right he completed 4 passes on the first drive and only three more the rest of the way. The stats suggest he was just bad.

Last edited:
How did the kicking game look?

Kicker and punter...on the fg's did the ball drive through or was it the floaty ball?

Punting might be a problem. Inconsistent. No kick offs were done. Field goals looked fine other than the muffed snap

Great...sounds like our FG snapper is still having a problem figuring it the fvck out....

Who was snapping on FG's? (yes I know it's an obscure question but go watch the fsu game last year)

didnt look to see who was snapping for field goals

Advertisement
I'm not saying I know anything but Richt doesn't seem to care for Allison. Yeah he may be the most talented but Richt seems like he won't be the guy at all. He rarely says anything about him. I could be wrong but I don't see Allison being the guy

great write-up. thanks.

Did you focus at all on the battle in the trenches? who played well on the DL, and who on the OL? How good are the OL looking now? You mentioned that OL gave a lot of time, but then again there seemed to be several sacks. Were those due to an OL getting physically beaten or an extra rusher coming in with no blocker (or the RB missing the rush)?

Advertisement
Thanks Mac. Sounds like you and Brooklyndee are of the same opinion on our QB situation. I hope JA starts to take it serious and makes the competition as fierce as possible come fall.

Go Canes!

Willing to bet that while allison performs good in practices he most likely can't explain his decision making of why he threw to a certain area or why did he read a progression a certain way. Richt is a stickler for that sort of stuff and having his qb doing exactly how he wants it done

Berrios should have transferred he's been a bust ever since he dropped that td his freshman year

Advertisement
So the concept of "game manager" ......... I think this D is really good but
- Questions on DB's and our depth
- But the bigger concern - 10/15 years ago you could win with a great D but today with the rules changes, teams are going to score points - so you better be able to score points - best example LSU

Agree on Allison but why would he not be committed to take it seriously?

Not sure why a lot of people lkke rosier so much or feels like he is clearly the guy. I disagree big time. Allison wins the job if he takes the job seriously which it sounds and looks like he hasn't. His potential is still the best out of what we have. But if he's not committed to the job then it is what it is

Advertisement
The QB situation is what it is.

Apparently, Rosier is every bit as bad (innacurate, inconsistent) as has been reported. But the fact that Shirreffs and Allison can't separate from him means neither of them are very good, either, IMO.

Allison needs to make a HUGE jump between now and summer, and/or Perry better come ready to play. And neither of those seem all that probable, though [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] has already stated Perry will get every shot to win the top spot, so who knows??

But, in my opinion, if we have to start Rosier or Shirreffs, we're gonna need Mark Walton to be a legit Heisman candidate to field an offense worthy of how good this defense is projected to be.

Not sure I would fully agree with this after today. Yes, the pick 6 was bad but he came back and threw a rope to AR for a long TD. He put it exactly where it needed to be in between the safety and corner and AR housed it. It was sweet.

Richt took the blame for that one too. Completely. Said he should've forced the defense to respect the deep ball more before calling that type of timing route. He alluded to Young knowing the signal as being a possibility for why he sat on the route.

Maybe so, but it was still the wrong read. Irvin was running a hook and had inside leverage on Pinckney who ended up blitzing. Where Shaq was positioned it was going to be an easy pitch and catch to Irvin and potentially a nice gain. And Shaq blitzed as well.

I gotta feeling it's going to come down to Jack Allison and N.Perry. JA sounds like he's head and shoulders better as far as talent goes than the ES and MR and the fact that they all have hardly any experience, I think JA will pass them at some point before the season starts. If NP can come in and run 75% of the offense by week 3 then and JA hasn't taken a step or 2 from where he's at now, I think NP gets the start.

For people that's seen NP how fast is he compared to MR?

^^This!

Shirreffs could go 5 for 15 with 10 dropped passes and people would come to the conclusion he sucks because his stats are bad.

I swear, people don't have opinions anymore. They have their fact based agendas. I don't like X QB, so fact is he sucks, because I like Z QB.

Advertisement
Back