My Scrimmage Notes

Second poster that says Weldon sucks right now looks like he's gonna get redshirted... where are the porsters who claimed he would start? OP what defenseo was Allison playing against 2nd string ? 3rd string??
LULZ at anyone saying he would start.

I like him though. Heck of an athlete.

Its waiting for Perry if he's ready though IMO.

Advertisement
great write up. a few observations.

we are in trouble at the QB position. none of them looked great or even very good. dropped snaps, overthrown passes, picks, one hopped passes and a lot of bad reads. whoever continues to believe that rosier is a division one starting QB is delirious. he makes a few good plays here and there but cannot consistently throw the ball. both sherrifs and allison had good throws and very bad throws. weldon needs a few years of work. if perry does well, he'll start.

walton is at another level. monster game.

langham surprised greatly. one entire drive he caught all balls and did great.

amari carter is he real deal. heat seeking missel hit on a WR.

herndon is going to replace njoku just fine, even though he doesnt have all of njoku's athleticism.

donaldson's size should be illegal. he's massive and dominated.

malik young is taking a big step up from last year. Lucane was right.

our D will b great, has a year more of experience and more depth than last year.

punting game poor. badgley did ok.

Advertisement
A good friend of mine who's opinion I trust blindly and was at the scrimmage today, as well as several other practices this spring, has not had great things to say about the Sheriff. It's one thing not to have a great arm but from what I hear he has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long.

It's going to be Rosier until Perry is ready. Rosier is an upperclassman, a good athlete, and has actual game experience. The situation isn't ideal but like I've been saying for months now given what we have to work with he's going to give us the best shot to win.

Maybe he's one of those guys that plays better in games than he does in practice? He looked good in that Duke game and given the total lack of experience we have at the position that's enough for me to at least give him a chance.

Plus....the FSU game looms early in schedule. I find it hard to believe Richt is going to roll into Tally that early in the season with a young untested QB with basically zero experience.

Who knows, maybe Perry is the second coming and sets the world on fire this summer. Outside of that if I had to bet I'm sticking with Rosier.

Gotta agree, Jedi.

Rosier is a good athlete with some experience. I expect him to start. Walton is going to face a tough test this year being the focal point.

If Rosier can play clean and make some plays with his feet, I think we can win a lot of games.

great write-up. thanks.

Did you focus at all on the battle in the trenches? who played well on the DL, and who on the OL? How good are the OL looking now? You mentioned that OL gave a lot of time, but then again there seemed to be several sacks. Were those due to an OL getting physically beaten or an extra rusher coming in with no blocker (or the RB missing the rush)?

It was difficult to focus in on the trenches. It seemed like maybe they weren't trying to penetrate too much at the beginning. Maybe Manny was calling a less penetrative D so the offense could put on a bit of a show for the boosters. They were doing a great job of getting their hands up with two batted down passes. Our D line can make plays no doubt. OL seems to hold their own against them which is great because as we know, the DL is going to be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on Allison but why would he not be committed to take it seriously?

Not sure why a lot of people lkke rosier so much or feels like he is clearly the guy. I disagree big time. Allison wins the job if he takes the job seriously which it sounds and looks like he hasn't. His potential is still the best out of what we have. But if he's not committed to the job then it is what it is

Idk? Because he is a 20 year old in college who might not put in the work necessary. Just an opinion. There has also been info about it in the past

Advertisement
OP... good stuff

Enjoyed all of it

Great Defense !!! Makes even the best offense look average

I can't wait for fall... CANES !

Ive already said this but if Rosier and Shireffs barely perform better than allison or Perry I think you have to start Allison or Perry because they have way more potential and throughout the season will probably improve a lot more.

Was hoping Capt Jack was going to earn the job this spring, not real confident in this offense

Advertisement
Nice notes and appreciate the effort. Whoever the qb ends up being has two games of action to get adjusted before the real test comes against F$U. We can't rely solely on Walton and the run game for that game, like we'll be able to most others Hopefully Langham can become a dominant redzone threat.

Defense sounds like its going to be monstrous. I expect an uptick of turnovers based solely off of qb pressure this year. Sounds like Young may now have the inside track to a starting cb spot. It'll be interesting in fall to see Young, Dean, and Delaney battle it out. In any case we will have depth at the cb position for the first time in quite a few years.

I feel a great deal of optimism for this season even with the qb question marks. We can ride the defense and an improved run game for most of the season until whoever is qb can find their footing. In a perfect world someone will stand out in the fall and this team can come out firing on all cylinders. The sky is the limit.

Perry is going to win the job, I have a strong feeling of it. His feel for the game is tremendous. And if it's a close contest with guys who have been here for at 1 year.....he will get the nod.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not sure why a lot of people lkke rosier so much or feels like he is clearly the guy. I disagree big time. Allison wins the job if he takes the job seriously which it sounds and looks like he hasn't. His potential is still the best out of what we have. But if he's not committed to the job then it is what it is

The thing about rosier is that the RPO works well for him. If he doesn't make stupid mistakes the defense will open holes since he can run to give walton a lot of space. This is why I think perry should be the guy. He has the running ability and if he can learn the playbook he will be a **** of a better thrower than rosier. Also hes 6 4 so he can actually see over the lineman

This is why I think Perry comes in and takes it from all of them.

Y'all need to stop with this we can't win with a freshman crap. Look whoever is the best qb needs to start regardless of classification. All across football you see true freshman qbs making impacts. Kaaya did, deshaun Watson, Shane buechel from Texas, josh Rosen, Jake Bentley, and the list goes on. Just because you are a freshman qb doesn't mean they are going to struggle.. Plus y'all acting like we are playing against bama or fsu week in and week out. Take a look around EVERYONE in the acc lost major contributors outside of Syracuse tbh. We lost some but not any devastating losses outside of kaaya who was solid and people took for granted....

By the way did you all not see true freshman enrollee Tagolavoia from bama or something like that go tf off on bamas secondary in the spring game? He was killing bamas defense and he just enrolled 3months ago . Not saying perry has that type of talent but richt clearly thinks highly of perry's ability...

Last edited:
great write up. a few observations.

we are in trouble at the QB position. none of them looked great or even very good. dropped snaps, overthrown passes, picks, one hopped passes and a lot of bad reads. whoever continues to believe that rosier is a division one starting QB is delirious. he makes a few good plays here and there but cannot consistently throw the ball. both sherrifs and allison had good throws and very bad throws. weldon needs a few years of work. if perry does well, he'll start.

walton is at another level. monster game.

langham surprised greatly. one entire drive he caught all balls and did great.

amari carter is he real deal. heat seeking missel hit on a WR.

herndon is going to replace njoku just fine, even though he doesnt have all of njoku's athleticism.

donaldson's size should be illegal. he's massive and dominated.

malik young is taking a big step up from last year. Lucane was right.

our D will b great, has a year more of experience and more depth than last year.

punting game poor. badgley did ok.
This is a really big deal if Dee Delaney is what we all hope. Many thought it'd be a weak position.

Advertisement
Back