My Scrimmage Notes

And before you give these hot takes take a look around these college football spring games qbs struggle in these games outside of the elite ones. It's not just only Miami like some of you like to put off. For many of these qbs this is their first extensive time working with the 1 receivers considering we have had an establish starter at the position for multiple years. They will progress even more in the offseason through the 7 on 7s as well as fall camp. Plenty of time for the guys to continue to develop their chemistry with the receivers. From the looks of it out of the qbs today Allison clearly has the best arm talent. I just think he don't understand completely what richt wants him to and it is holding him back

Last edited:
Advertisement
Long as Rosier only throws bubble screens and bombs, we'll be okay for most of the games on our schedules.

Tat Syracuse game could get ugly, though.

Let Walton tote the rock with a dose of designed QB runs to keeps the defenses honest.

And before you give these hot takes take a look around these college football spring games qbs struggle in these games outside of the elite ones. It's not just only Miami like some of you like to put off. For many of these qbs this is their first extensive time working with the 1 receivers considering we have had an establish starter at the position for multiple years. They will progress even more in the offseason through the 7 on 7s as well as fall camp. Plenty of time for the guys to continue to develop their chemistry with the receivers. From the looks of it out of the qbs today Allison clearly has the best arm talent. I just think he don't understand completely what richt wants him to and it is holding him back

Wait so you're allowed to give hot takes but other people aren't?

I'm just it's easy to just say oh our qbs suck, so our season will but have you seen what these other qbs have been performing like in these spring games? Francois 46% pass completitions in the spring game, uf qbs not looking good against especially the 1 offense vs the backup defense.They are probably one of those schools still doing bullsh*t like that... lsu qbs were awful in the scrimmage tonight. Notre dame Brandon winbush was AWFUL today. All I was saying don't act like it's just miami

Last edited:
Malek will ball! The good thing is we have Delaney so he will shine guarding the number 2 wide receiver!

Advertisement

I'm just it's easy to just say oh our qbs suck, so our season will but have you seen what these other qbs have been performing like in these spring games? Francois 46% pass completitions in the spring game, uf qbs not looking good against especially the 1 offense vs the backup defense.They are probably one of those schools still doing bullsh*t like that... lsu qbs were awful in the scrimmage tonight. Notre dame Brandon winbush was AWFUL today. All I was saying don't act like it's just miami

These guys are practicing against each other almost every day and repeating mostly the same types of plays. Defense gets to know tendencies, and if the coach wants to emphasize qb play for evaluation he will not be calling balanced plays. Defense can tee off at times because they know what's coming. QB will have a tough time no matter how good they are.

On the flip side it can make our defense look a lot more dominant than normal.

Last edited:
Between this and other threads it is clear why Dugans fought tooth and nail to keep DeeJay on offense when most people here think he will end up on D.
If he is making plays against our Defense and has good ball skills then the kid needs to be out there on offense as much as possible this season.

Y'all need to stop with this we can't win with a freshman crap. Look whoever is the best qb needs to start regardless of classification. All across football you see true freshman qbs making impacts. Kaaya did, deshaun Watson, Shane buechel from Texas, josh Rosen, Jake Bentley, and the list goes on. Just because you are a freshman qb doesn't mean they are going to struggle.. Plus y'all acting like we are playing against bama or fsu week in and week out. Take a look around EVERYONE in the acc lost major contributors outside of Syracuse tbh. We lost some but not any devastating losses outside of kaaya who was solid and people took for granted....

By the way did you all not see true freshman enrollee Tagolavoia from bama or something like that go tf off on bamas secondary in the spring game? He was killing bamas defense and he just enrolled 3months ago . Not saying perry has that type of talent but richt clearly thinks highly of perry's ability...

All those freshmans QBs you mentioned lost about 6 games each. No one doubts the fact that we can play a true freshmans QB. Most of us, however, are concerned that we'll lose a bunch of games with a true freshmans QB who had a month of practice just like all the QBs you listed above.

Advertisement
From the sound of things at this point the offense is a toilet because we don't have a legit QB. I had hoped that Rosier, Allison or Shirreffs could step up and be adequate, but I get the feeling they'll be the Greyson Lambert/Bryce Ramsey/Faron Bauta of Rick's final season at UGA. So far, they're all way too erratic and don't seem capable of stringing anything together consistently.

We better hope that one of them gets a lot better over the summer or that Perry is an absolute savant because you can't win what this team should win this year with totally inept QB play.

From the sound of things at this point the offense is a toilet because we don't have a legit QB. I had hoped that Rosier, Allison or Shirreffs could step up and be adequate, but I get the feeling they'll be the Greyson Lambert/Bryce Ramsey/Faron Bauta of Rick's final season at UGA. So far, they're all way too erratic and don't seem capable of stringing anything together consistently.

We better hope that one of them gets a lot better over the summer or that Perry is an absolute savant because you can't win what this team should win this year with totally inept QB play.

Yep. The team is loaded minus the most important position. Would be a huge missed opportunity if we ended up 9-4 because we had to play Rosier or Shirrefs.

We have a built 454 with no distributor. Richt will tune her up this fall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back