My Rashada and Gator info

Make me the mod/Maude of NIL. Every time our worry warriors ask or comment the same thing over and over every time the subject comes up, I’ll come in and cut & paste “Objection. Asked and Answered” in honor of @AtlAtty and all others who have answered these questions repeatedly.

Posters can appeal to the tribunal of @AtlAtty @TheOriginalCane and @SWFLHurricane who will wear judicial robes and white wigs to decide the outcome.
Old School Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Pretty irresponsible of On3 to run with an article like that.
Agreed but there are pretty much zero consequences to being first and being wrong any more. Readers/clickers don't hold you responsible and advertisers don't care as long as you still get clicks and don't cross any lines they may or may not have with certain social issues.

No need to worry.

For comparison's sake, here are a few points from Stewart Mandel's initial report of the $8M QB NIL deal (alleged to be Nico, but never confirmed):
- The player signed over all of their exclusive NIL rights to the collective. The collective pays the player a fixed, pre-determined amount for these rights. The collective can then resell those rights to other businesses to recoup their "investment"

I'm excited to see Nico's Zima, **** pill, ***** and "as seen on TV ads" while the TENN collective desperately tries to do anything they can to recoup.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the NCAA can't do **** about NIL - nada
all they can do is try to create a fake cloud by investigating the school itself
but its 2022 - they don't have the bite they once did
in the end - money talks, BS walks

Breaks multiple journalistic ethics. They need to take that article down or correct it immediately. I mean, I get this is the age of social media. But that is truly fake news.
Pretty bad look for Gary and CaneSport given they are moving over there in a few days.

Advertisement
Sooner rather than later everything will be pay for play just like with pro athletes. And it may very well require a court to make this happen since we know the NC2A fights every concept of players being paid for playing the game that makes schools millions, and media billions.

Mario has said as much. "As we move closer to the NFL model..."

They are not to be trusted , I’ve spoke on this the last couple years. Their collective just carried on the tradition . Between the boosters and Nil they’ve earned quite the reputation.
Pre NIL they got the reputation for not always delivering on their bag promises. Not sure if thats part of the Gator tradition but sounds like it.

Ok, so we can sign him today then, since CA allows players to sign in high school unlike Florida I believe.

Who is "we"? Can LifeWallet or Dr. Pepper or adidas (or better yet, Nike) sign Jaden Rashada to an NIL deal today? Yes. Can Jaden Rashada sign his LOI with the University of Miami in December? Also and separately, yes.

Advertisement
Why? Gonna be hard to prove any sort of reputational damages when an outlet is saying you're making more money than you actually are..
I think there could be damages there on top of any eligibility questions that could arise.

You can’t just report things that are woefully inaccurate that can harm a persons reputation.

Advertisement
Those of you saying the NCAA is powerless, or there's nothing to even remotely be concerned about, or that nobody cares about possible investigations, etc. must be under 25 or 30 years old. There's just no way you're saying these things if you understood the true hatred that everyone else in the country has for this program. It's the main reason I've been saying since DAY 1 that Ruiz, and everyone else involved with Miami, needs to shut the fvck up. Where is the FIRST PLACE the NCAA came to "talk" about NIL? Of course it was.

You guys really don't get that the entire country has it out for us. They always have and they always will. This isn't some made-up bull**** in a conspiracy theorist's head. This is real chit. Just look how long the Nico stuff took to come out. He flirted with UT, then committed, and there were rumors of a QB getting paid big money for NIL. Then it started to float towards Nico. Then it was rumored UT's NIL collective is paying him. Then dollar amounts started to come out. This stuff leaked slowly. When Miami is involved? Dude commits at 4:00pm. By 8:00, there are viral tweets and articles with exact dollar amounts, "sources", dumbass lawyers saying things like he took less money to come to Miami, the gator collective putting out statements, bleacher report, ESPN, national media members who don't even report on college football comparing these ridiculous dollar amounts to NFL QB contracts, etc. etc. etc. ******* IMMEDIATELY. The **** ink on the dude's edit didn't even dry before everybody has something to say about Miami.

It has always been this way. Essentially since we walked off that plane in Arizona in the fatigues. And guess what? It ALWAYS will be. It's the main reason that I fell in love with this program. Because everybody hates us. We will always be Thug U. As absolutely ridiculous as that is, as good as our kids are and have been for years and years and years....the blatant racism and envy will always cause people to put us under a microscope.

So those of you who could care less about this stuff, I applaud you. And I sure as **** hope you're right. But I just don't see any reason why we would continue to broadcast our business to the entire world who literally would love nothing more than to see us crumble.
We make for a convenient foil, because once upon a time we were a bit outrageous and controversial on the field (Cotton Bowl 1991) and showed up in fatigues to another bowl. Another fifty years could go by and people would still say desultory things about the program.

That said, what is really at stake is the current pecking order. Select blue bloods can compete for national titles. Alabama. Notre Dame. Ohio State. LSU. Michigan. Texas. Penn State. Georgia. USC Florida, and Texas A&M are on the periphery, but are in the club as well.

However if someone new comes along and upsets that order, that is when the NCAA is activated to put that program back in its place. It happened to Miami (who would have gotten a likely four year bowl and television ban along with scholarship reductions during the Shapiro mess if not for the NCAA’s own incompetence). It happened to SMU and Ole Miss. These programs are viewed as fodder by blue bloods, not equal competitors.

For Miami, it is not a level playing field. We cannot expect the same deferential treatment as Alabama or Texas. That is why every T must be crossed in everything that we do.

Pre NIL they got the reputation for not always delivering on their bag promises. Not sure if thats part of the Gator tradition but sounds like it.
Pre NIL and pre transfer, what could a player do? Go public and complain, “Hey, Gatorperson promised me $275K per year but all I am getting is $10K now that I am enrolled!”

Advertisement
Back