My Rashada and Gator info

Advertisement
Cribby, as I understand the NIL deals ... the big ones like the Tennessee $8 million dollar "agreement" .... it isn't a guaranteed $2.0 million per year for 4 years, there is a guaranteed base, like $350K, then a BROAD series of performance goals that, if met, have the POTENTIAL of being worth $8.0 million dollars over a 4 year period. Performance criteria could be winning the conference, winning the Heisman, participating in the national championship, winning the Naty. Same attorney represented Rashada, so it is most likely that whatever his "max deal" is, it is all performance driven with a minimal (in relative terms) guaranteed annual payout.

Pretty sure that is blatantly pay for play and not allowed

If Ruiz says he has not talked to the lawyer involved, how do we know the NIL is from him?
when ruiz tweeted that I immediately assumed that it was clever wording on ruiz.

maybe ruiz never talked to him, but maybe his son did. Maybe i'm looking into it too much

Clown SUITES. These MFs make it too easy.
1656340183816.gif

Advertisement
Just curious (and for purposes of schadenfreude), but does anyone have any idea why the UF Collective is taking such a hit? Did they lie to Rashada or something? Act like desperate ex-girlfriends? What's the story there?

This weirdo is UiF's knight in shining armor? Their big baller? Their "mega-donor"? This dude looks like Bill Maher and Andrew Dice Clay had a kid. A guy whose biggest claim to fame in their little hilljack world is selling his company for $500 mil and once making a broad donation of a whole $12 mil to the school?

Surrre, it's more money than most of us will see or give but this ain't a "whale" in the new world (or the old world) of boosters and NIL.

View attachment 192944View attachment 192945
Bill Maher and Dice had a kid........
dead-im-dead.gif

Just curious (and for purposes of schadenfreude), but does anyone have any idea why the UF Collective is taking such a hit? Did they lie to Rashada or something? Act like desperate ex-girlfriends? What's the story there?
They are not to be trusted , I’ve spoke on this the last couple years. Their collective just carried on the tradition . Between the boosters and Nil they’ve earned quite the reputation.

Advertisement
Pretty sure that is blatantly pay for play and not allowed
100%. NIL deals can not be tied to playing for a certain school or be performance based. Better players can negotiate better deals but the deal can not have incentives that they get paid more if they play a certain number of downs or win a certain number of games.

100%. NIL deals can not be tied to playing for a certain school or be performance based. Better players can negotiate better deals but the deal can not have incentives that they get paid more if they play a certain number of downs or win a certain number of games.
I would be really curious if that was eventually taken to court. Not necessarily "pay to play" for a specific school, but the incentive stuff specifically. A guy becomes WAY more marketable if he is star. A star QB who makes the playoffs or wins a Heisman is going to be more of a national name, so would he not demand more money for more exposure? Could "Win a Heisman" or "Make the CFP" be classified as not an incentive but a milestone? What about social media follows? If a guy has 200,000 followers instead of 40,000, should he not demand more money? Like any other social media influencer?

I would be really curious if that was eventually taken to court. Not necessarily "pay to play" for a specific school, but the incentive stuff specifically. A guy becomes WAY more marketable if he is star. A star QB who makes the playoffs or wins a Heisman is going to be more of a national name, so would he not demand more money for more exposure? Could "Win a Heisman" or "Make the CFP" be classified as not an incentive but a milestone? What about social media follows? If a guy has 200,000 followers instead of 40,000, should he not demand more money? Like any other social media influencer?
Sooner rather than later everything will be pay for play just like with pro athletes. And it may very well require a court to make this happen since we know the NC2A fights every concept of players being paid for playing the game that makes schools millions, and media billions.

He can demand more money because his brand/likeness is more valuable however the contract itself cannot say if you win the Heisman or you throw 40 TDs you get a 100K bonus.

Advertisement
Those of you saying the NCAA is powerless, or there's nothing to even remotely be concerned about, or that nobody cares about possible investigations, etc. must be under 25 or 30 years old. There's just no way you're saying these things if you understood the true hatred that everyone else in the country has for this program. It's the main reason I've been saying since DAY 1 that Ruiz, and everyone else involved with Miami, needs to shut the fvck up. Where is the FIRST PLACE the NCAA came to "talk" about NIL? Of course it was.

You guys really don't get that the entire country has it out for us. They always have and they always will. This isn't some made-up bull**** in a conspiracy theorist's head. This is real chit. Just look how long the Nico stuff took to come out. He flirted with UT, then committed, and there were rumors of a QB getting paid big money for NIL. Then it started to float towards Nico. Then it was rumored UT's NIL collective is paying him. Then dollar amounts started to come out. This stuff leaked slowly. When Miami is involved? Dude commits at 4:00pm. By 8:00, there are viral tweets and articles with exact dollar amounts, "sources", dumbass lawyers saying things like he took less money to come to Miami, the gator collective putting out statements, bleacher report, ESPN, national media members who don't even report on college football comparing these ridiculous dollar amounts to NFL QB contracts, etc. etc. etc. ******* IMMEDIATELY. The **** ink on the dude's edit didn't even dry before everybody has something to say about Miami.

It has always been this way. Essentially since we walked off that plane in Arizona in the fatigues. And guess what? It ALWAYS will be. It's the main reason that I fell in love with this program. Because everybody hates us. We will always be Thug U. As absolutely ridiculous as that is, as good as our kids are and have been for years and years and years....the blatant racism and envy will always cause people to put us under a microscope.

So those of you who could care less about this stuff, I applaud you. And I sure as **** hope you're right. But I just don't see any reason why we would continue to broadcast our business to the entire world who literally would love nothing more than to see us crumble.
💯 on the younger dudes not understanding the disdain the cfb world has had for UM.
I also have been saying that Ruiz should lay low.
But even if our boosters laid low the ncaa and the blue bloods would still try to find a way to come here and cast a cloud of doubt if we landed a top class and beat out blue bloods for players.
Ruiz is vocal but he’s respectful and has been inviting to the ncaa and has been compliant with the Florida rules.

But as we all know the ncaaa doesn’t have to find anything. It can just say “we’ve been notified of potential serious and impermissible benefits as well as several high level recruiting violations”
“In my years of enforcing ncaa compliance we haven’t had anywhere near the magnitude and number of violations that we have been made aware of”.
“we will be conducting an extensive and thorough investigation into all aspects of the program”
“Given the number of players and different entities involved we can not give an exact time frame for a conclusion to be made”

Sound familiar?

But as I step off the cliff of Shapiro ptsd I would also have to say that the ncaa needs to tread lightly.
This isn’t Miami against the ncaa and a spineless BOT.
Going after Miami would cast a huge target on the ncaa considering the already highly publicized nil deals with multiple programs.
Ryan day talking about a 13 million dollar budget.
TAMU, Vols, Saban bragging about his qb’s nil.

Generations perceive things differently. Josh Pate from 247 responded to a tweet that asked “why is Alabama seen more of a bad guy than UM”

He then posted a video saying “I don’t think you younger guys understand how much and for how long Miami was hated”
He then did a Twitter poll where the majority of respondents said Alabama has a worse reputation than miami.
So while we have a warranted persecution complex, there is a generation of younger fans that don’t see us as the bad guy anymore. The ncaa might have some old blue blood heads on their side but a lot of fans don’t see it that way

He can demand more money because his brand/likeness is more valuable however the contract itself cannot say if you win the Heisman or you throw 40 TDs you get a 100K bonus.
I know that's the CURRENT rules, I'm just curious if it would hold up in court if challenged. I would also be curious if winning a Heisman can be put in the same category as throwing 40 TDs. One is very objective and by the numbers for legit play performance; easy to measure. A Heisman is subjective and based partly on public opinion and how people see their VALUE. That's where I think it becomes grey area a bit. Would be interesting to see how courts would view it, that's all.

Advertisement
💯 on the younger dudes not understanding the disdain the cfb world has had for UM.
I also have been saying that Ruiz should lay low.
But even if our boosters laid low the ncaa and the blue bloods would still try to find a way to come here and cast a cloud of doubt if we landed a top class and beat out blue bloods for players.
Ruiz is vocal but he’s respectful and has been inviting to the ncaa and has been compliant with the Florida rules.

But as we all know the ncaaa doesn’t have to find anything. It can just say “we’ve been notified of potential serious and impermissible benefits as well as several high level recruiting violations”
“In my years of enforcing ncaa compliance we haven’t had anywhere near the magnitude and number of violations that we have been made aware of”.
“we will be conducting an extensive and thorough investigation into all aspects of the program”
“Given the number of players and different entities involved we can not give an exact time frame for a conclusion to be made”

Sound familiar?

But as I step off the cliff of Shapiro ptsd I would also have to say that the ncaa needs to tread lightly.
This isn’t Miami against the ncaa and a spineless BOT.
Going after Miami would cast a huge target on the ncaa considering the already highly publicized nil deals with multiple programs.
Ryan day talking about a 13 million dollar budget.
TAMU, Vols, Saban bragging about his qb’s nil.

Generations perceive things differently. Josh Pate from 247 responded to a tweet that asked “why is Alabama seen more of a bad guy than UM”

He then posted a video saying “I don’t think you younger guys understand how much and for how long Miami was hated”
He then did a Twitter poll where the majority of respondents said Alabama has a worse reputation than miami.
So while we have a warranted persecution complex, there is a generation of younger fans that don’t see us as the bad guy anymore. The ncaa might have some old blue blood heads on their side but a lot of fans don’t see it that way

Remember, we pushed the envelope. Bama blatantly cheated and the NCAA cast a blind eye. Nobody likes to see cheating getting rewarded.

Its funny cause we have multiple alumni who are billionaires outside of Ruiz. We would happily take Kenneth's money but its not like our own alumni dont have it...
Absolutely true but there should at least be some sort of voluntary relocation tax. Even Portnoy has pretended to be a fan publicly and given us some hype. Barstool certainly ain't Citadel so how about a little cash to the local school to announce your corporate arrival and Kenneth's personal return to South Florida?

Advertisement
Back