My Rashada and Gator info

When you really think about it, the NCAA has no power here. The kids are using lawyers and representatives and the University is not involved in anyway. They cannot demand those 3rd party communications. If it becomes law enforcement thing then you have to prove LW enticed kid to come to Miami for money. How u gonna do that? It's legal.for Cali high school kids to get NIL. Alot of you are freaking out too much when u think about it. Get used to the hate building, now everyone is saying we pay kid 9.5 mill. We can't cry when they start telling lies, how many of us looked into the facts behind Tennessee deal with Nico? I didn't but I believe they offered him 8 mill. Yall can act like it's different but it's not. We believe things we have no proof of.

In my opinion of they wanna spread rumors that we are flushed with cash, I'll take it. Its better than being told we are broke.

Advertisement
No need to worry.

For comparison's sake, here are a few points from Stewart Mandel's initial report of the $8M QB NIL deal (alleged to be Nico, but never confirmed):
- The player signed over all of their exclusive NIL rights to the collective. The collective pays the player a fixed, pre-determined amount for these rights. The collective can then resell those rights to other businesses to recoup their "investment"
- The contract stated they must enroll as a student in an NCAA remember institution. Doesn't specify which school to get around the "inducement" rule. Technically, the player can go to a different school and the collective would still be required to pay the player.
- The player was based in CA so they were able to get paid immediately (prior to enrollment) because CA law allows high-school players to sell their NIL rights.

You can safely assume Jaden's deal is similarly worded. During the Wong NIL saga, Ruiz stated that he adds a clause that requires the player to be present at LW offices regularly to perform work as needed (filming commercials, meetings, etc). They do not need to be enrolled at UM, but they need to present in the city of Miami regularly to perform the work.

You can be assured Jaden's deal is above board. If the NCAA comes after this deal, they would also have to go after Nico's and many other deals negotiated by Michael Caspino.
Exactly. I'm sure nothing in the contracts states that player A has to sign with school X. So therefore, nothing to see here.

You guys need to stop worrying about NIL and start enjoying how well UM played this entire process. We got a commitment from one of the best QB’s and he is receiving less money than had he gone to UF. This is amazing in so many ways and for so many reasons. It is beautiful.
Make me the mod/Maude of NIL. Every time our worry warriors ask or comment the same thing over and over every time the subject comes up, I’ll come in and cut & paste “Objection. Asked and Answered” in honor of @AtlAtty and all others who have answered these questions repeatedly.

Posters can appeal to the tribunal of @AtlAtty @TheOriginalCane and @SWFLHurricane who will wear judicial robes and white wigs to decide the outcome.

Guess I’m the only that thinks it’s a bad look that his agent is opening discussing his NIL deal. And his agent specific saying “took a lesser deal to go to Miami”
1656336370988.gif

Advertisement
This weirdo is UiF's knight in shining armor? Their big baller? Their "mega-donor"? This dude looks like Bill Maher and Andrew Dice Clay had a kid. A guy whose biggest claim to fame in their little hilljack world is selling his company for $500 mil and once making a broad donation of a whole $12 mil to the school?

Surrre, it's more money than most of us will see or give but this ain't a "whale" in the new world (or the old world) of boosters and NIL.

View attachment 192944View attachment 192945
It’s like gene Simmons ****ed Jeff Ross and had a kid

Gene Simmons Flirt GIF by TrueReal
jeff ross martha and snoop GIF by VH1

Make me the mod/Maude of NIL. Every time our worry warriors ask or comment the same thing over and over every time the subject comes up, I’ll come in and cut & paste “Objection. Asked and Answered” in honor of @AtlAtty and all others who have answered these questions repeatedly.

Posters can appeal to the tribunal of @AtlAtty @TheOriginalCane and @SWFLHurricane who will wear judicial robes and white wigs to decide the outcome.
@RVACane
@Canes2082
@JD08
@No_Fly_Zone
@IndayArtHauz
@SFbayCane

I say we deputize @Angry Ibis for this specific mission.

No need to worry.

For comparison's sake, here are a few points from Stewart Mandel's initial report of the $8M QB NIL deal (alleged to be Nico, but never confirmed):
- The player signed over all of their exclusive NIL rights to the collective. The collective pays the player a fixed, pre-determined amount for these rights. The collective can then resell those rights to other businesses to recoup their "investment"
- The contract stated they must enroll as a student in an NCAA remember institution. Doesn't specify which school to get around the "inducement" rule. Technically, the player can go to a different school and the collective would still be required to pay the player.
- The player was based in CA so they were able to get paid immediately (prior to enrollment) because CA law allows high-school players to sell their NIL rights.

You can safely assume Jaden's deal is similarly worded. During the Wong NIL saga, Ruiz stated that he adds a clause that requires the player to be present at LW offices regularly to perform work as needed (filming commercials, meetings, etc). They do not need to be enrolled at UM, but they need to present in the city of Miami regularly to perform the work.

You can be assured Jaden's deal is above board. If the NCAA comes after this deal, they would also have to go after Nico's and many other deals negotiated by Michael Caspino.

Correct on Nico's deal.

As for the LW deal, I would assume that the "city of Miami" bit was amended for non-US athletes (Hedley, Ormier), and I would imagine that you could also do that for any non-Florida high school athletes who are allowed to earn NIL compensation under their respective state laws.

But that's purely a guess, I don't "know" these things for a fact...

Advertisement
This weirdo is UiF's knight in shining armor? Their big baller? Their "mega-donor"? This dude looks like Bill Maher and Andrew Dice Clay had a kid. A guy whose biggest claim to fame in their little hilljack world is selling his company for $500 mil and once making a broad donation of a whole $12 mil to the school?

Surrre, it's more money than most of us will see or give but this ain't a "whale" in the new world (or the old world) of boosters and NIL.

View attachment 192944View attachment 192945
This dude shaved his eyebrows and glued the hair on top of his head.

Advertisement
Cribby, as I understand the NIL deals ... the big ones like the Tennessee $8 million dollar "agreement" .... it isn't a guaranteed $2.0 million per year for 4 years, there is a guaranteed base, like $350K, then a BROAD series of performance goals that, if met, have the POTENTIAL of being worth $8.0 million dollars over a 4 year period. Performance criteria could be winning the conference, winning the Heisman, participating in the national championship, winning the Naty. Same attorney represented Rashada, so it is most likely that whatever his "max deal" is, it is all performance driven with a minimal (in relative terms) guaranteed annual payout.
See cdmd's post - it's not performance based but rather similar to how an agent gives an advance. They promise a certain amount of money and then get a percent of any future earnings they make up to a certain amount. If the player is a flop or for whatever reason never gets any deals, he would get that advance and nothing else.

So in that sense, it is like an NFL contract, the total gets thrown around, but the only thing guaranteed is the advance and even if they play the whole 'length' of their contract, there is no guarantee that they will get the total amount.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back