My Proposal for our Offense

Advertisement
FSU brought a safety down late a handful of times. They ate us up in the run game on many of those plays.

That's what happened on the very first play...Safety walked down, LB showed blitz & blitzed, and Kaaya ran a naked bootleg into the teeth of the blitz anyway. That play should've been an easy check to a run away from the blitz...makes me wonder how much autonomy Kaaya has in this offense.

Coley was OC, Kaaya was QB, we sucked.

Richt is OC, Kaaya is QB, offense still sucks.

Get Golden's **** out of your ear and Shalala's juice out of your eyes and realize our offense is underperforming and has been for years.

Over-****ing-rated

The common thread there is that both play callers are not good play callers. It can't be understated how important it is in the modern game to have a good offensive system in place. The players names change every year as guys come and go....but the biggest problem we've had here not for the last TWO YEARS, but rather for the last TEN PLUS YEARS, is that we've had absolute dog **** in terms of offensive play callers.

I'm sorry but that's insane to say already that richt isn't a good play caller. Takes a Lil execution too. Can't call an effective passing game if you're line gets beat virtually every snap were in a clear passing situation. Just give the man a Lil trust. He deserves that at least

I'm sorry too...cause what I saw last Saturday was an abomination and looked more like a first time play caller as opposed to a guy with 20 years of experience.

Richt is best suited to be a CEO type head coach. He needs to delegate play calling duties to a dedicated OC. You can't even begin to bring up execution when the game plan was so bad and the adjustments were non existent. As I've discussed to death in several threads the play calling completely ignored the middle of the field and nothing was done to combat the man to man FSU was showing on every down.

It's his first time calling plays in 11 years. We're gonna have some bumps in the road as he gets his groove back.

I'm hoping it pays off down the line.

With a legit strength program, and top 10 recruiting classes made up of So Fla kids... there's no reason Richt's offense can't mirror the early 2000 offense that Butch ran. (the guy who 75% of our fan base wanted)

I applaud your optimism and I want to believe you're right...but Richt's track record in big games combined with just how bad the playcalling and subsequent adjustments, or lack thereof, were on Saturday gives me serious cause for concern. We just gave away a game and you only get 11 of them a year.

He needs to hire a dedicated OC. That will allow him to take a bigger picture approach and have his hands in more things while staying out of the minutia.

Last edited:
I rewatched the second half again and yea im with macho we got our a$$es handed to us on the line, linder had a horrible game, i still put blame on richt for not calling quick passing plays, but im officially putting the main blame on that O-line they cost us a few drives

Advertisement
1. Stop using our TEs as decoys

Against FSU, we used our TEs as pawns to move LBs around, keep them shallow, and either open up in breaking routes behind them for Coley and Richards (and Berrios attempts, more than on that later), or clear out routes underneath them.

I submit that Chris Herndon and David Njoku will both have NFL careers. I've said Njoku reminds me of a taller Delanie Walker. I've said Herndon reminds me of Fred Baxter, the former Jets TE/H-Back who was used as a random utility guy in the 90s.

First, let's state that FSU's TEs had 7 catches for 137 yards against UNC. So for this next game, it's potentially there if we want it. But, bigger picture, let's use Njoku's talents beating teams vertically. Against FSU, most of what both Njoku and Herndon were asked to do went toward the sideline. I mentioned that, if I'm playing Nickel or Safety against a bigger dude, I most definitely want him trying to run away from me toward the sideline because I know I can close and get between him and the ball. What I don't want is a bigger dude going vertical where he can essentially box me out. Why we didn't do that against FSU is beyond my understanding, but I propose we move in that direction.

Did you address this point and I missed it? Curious as to what you were going to say about it.

Berrios is just not the right guy to be playing outside. Certainly, not in the SE spot with the expectation of getting clean off the line. He should be moved around a little more. He was asked to essentially use his body to create separation on in breaking routes and failed at least a couple times that I saw. It worked in practice. I didn't think it'd work in games against top competition while our QB played a live DL, and after FSU, there's at least one data point supporting that belief.

I understand they're trying to get Coley in the slot and clear out space for Berrios running across the field. I just think Richards or even Harris are better suited for it. Perhaps against lesser competition this can work because (a) Kaaya will have more time against a lesser DL and (b) Berrios will not face a talented CB. But, I pretty much think of our matchups only against the top teams on our schedule. In those, I think Berrios should be moved out of this alignment.

Were you able to get this proposal on richts desk?

I'm sitting with him now. He says "get your **** together, Lu; we just have to run it down their f'in throats."

Just kidding.

He actually said: "they will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you..." - Jeremiah 1:19

Looking good for Saturday.

Last edited:
We definitely need to build up the offensive line.
Watching Cowboys line Sunday vs. Bengals (who have one the best DLs ) basically said, we don't care how good you are we're still going to run it down your throat, we don't think you can stop us. That's the kind of line we need to build

Advertisement
The common thread there is that both play callers are not good play callers. It can't be understated how important it is in the modern game to have a good offensive system in place. The players names change every year as guys come and go....but the biggest problem we've had here not for the last TWO YEARS, but rather for the last TEN PLUS YEARS, is that we've had absolute dog **** in terms of offensive play callers.

I'm sorry but that's insane to say already that richt isn't a good play caller. Takes a Lil execution too. Can't call an effective passing game if you're line gets beat virtually every snap were in a clear passing situation. Just give the man a Lil trust. He deserves that at least

I'm sorry too...cause what I saw last Saturday was an abomination and looked more like a first time play caller as opposed to a guy with 20 years of experience.

Richt is best suited to be a CEO type head coach. He needs to delegate play calling duties to a dedicated OC. You can't even begin to bring up execution when the game plan was so bad and the adjustments were non existent. As I've discussed to death in several threads the play calling completely ignored the middle of the field and nothing was done to combat the man to man FSU was showing on every down.

It's his first time calling plays in 11 years. We're gonna have some bumps in the road as he gets his groove back.

With a legit strength program, and top 10 recruiting classes made up of So Fla kids... there's no reason Richt's offense can't mirror the early 2000 offense that Butch ran. (the guy who 75% of our fan base wanted)

I applaud your optimism and I want to believe you're right...but Richt's track record in big games combined with just how bad the playcalling and subsequent adjustments, or lack thereof, were on Saturday gives me serious cause for concern. We just gave away a game and you only get 11 of them a year.

He needs to hire a dedicated OC. That will allow him to take a bigger picture approach and have his hands in more things while staying out of the minutia.

Whether he should or not is a moot point. He took this job so he could get back to calling plays & being hands on. If not for that butch would be our coach right now. No point in beating a dead horse brother. Also this track record in big games is somewhat comical. As we established at Georgia he was basically a hologram. He didn't call any plays and often tried to trust in his staff 100% if we're gonna say he did that then the blame in those games is on his staff more so than him. He led fsu when he called plays to top tier offenses on a yearly basis where the only team he had issues with was us who everyone in the country had issues with. I tried to tell all of yall the situation last week coming into that game & everybody had their issues. Well it's exactly what happened. What else could he practice in the week we had at the team MOTEL... sometimes people just wanna assume the worst on here. What that man has done already for the bigger picture of this program deserves not only our respect but our optimism. It really is true that a positive mind set changes your life. It's not just in some aspects. Give it a try.

Whether he should or not is a moot point. He took this job so he could get back to calling plays & being hands on. If not for that butch would be our coach right now. No point in beating a dead horse brother. Also this track record in big games is somewhat comical. As we established at Georgia he was basically a hologram. He didn't call any plays and often tried to trust in his staff 100% if we're gonna say he did that then the blame in those games is on his staff more so than him. He led fsu when he called plays to top tier offenses on a yearly basis where the only team he had issues with was us who everyone in the country had issues with. I tried to tell all of yall the situation last week coming into that game & everybody had their issues. Well it's exactly what happened. What else could he practice in the week we had at the team MOTEL... sometimes people just wanna assume the worst on here. What that man has done already for the bigger picture of this program deserves not only our respect but our optimism. It really is true that a positive mind set changes your life. It's not just in some aspects. Give it a try.

It won't be a moot point if he struggles again this Saturday against a HORRIBLE defense. There is zero excuse for not winning that game at home this week...especially in light of the fact we just gave away a game we should have won.

As for your Don Bailey Jr superfan act...shove it. I've been on these boards since Grassy and seen your type come and go. Excuses for Coker, excuses for Shannon, excuses for Golden.....then eventually you all come around and become brock.

I call it like I see em so accept REALITY. Putting blinders on and hoping for the best went the way of the birds after 10+ years of incompetence tearing apart this program.

FSU brought a safety down late a handful of times. They ate us up in the run game on many of those plays.

That's what happened on the very first play...Safety walked down, LB showed blitz & blitzed, and Kaaya ran a naked bootleg into the teeth of the blitz anyway. That play should've been an easy check to a run away from the blitz...makes me wonder how much autonomy Kaaya has in this offense.

This was my issue, I don't think I saw him make ONE check in the whole game.

It won't be a moot point if he struggles again this Saturday against a HORRIBLE defense. There is zero excuse for not winning that game at home this week...especially in light of the fact we just gave away a game we should have won.

As for your Don Bailey Jr superfan act...shove it. I've been on these boards since Grassy and seen your type come and go. Excuses for Coker, excuses for Shannon, excuses for Golden.....then eventually you all come around and become brock.

I call it like I see em so accept REALITY. Putting blinders on and hoping for the best went the way of the birds after 10+ years of incompetence tearing apart this program.

Problem with that is you're not calling **** like you see it... you're foreseeing it like you're miss cleo. You choose to look at everything like your outlook is fact when fact is its not. You're one opinion in a bloody sea of hemorrhaging *** holes. Far as don't or a super fan goes I'm far from any of that. My entire family has gone to this school. My father,my brothers & myself have all put in blood sweat & tears for this u. I don't need approval or acceptance from anyone. I call it like I see it too. I've been on this dumb *** board since grassy too I suppose that should be impressive. All it tells me is that win or lose none of yall will be happy. I was recruited by Dennis & butch & played for onion. I've seen ur type since the very beginning too. **** excuses. Even when we were winning championships yall still had complaints. Personally I think it's yall way of living out your own dream. Like a father through his son. The simple point is you've been told from the beginning exactly how this is gonna play out yet you still wanna pretend what you see is the end result. Instead of getting in your feelings realize you make good points which we'll have to see if they remain valid or not. Because the rest of your argument is flawed. You can't say what Richt or this offense is if you don't sit back & see it. Lastly I've seen what brought bout the drought of this program. Everyone has a piece in that.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Problem with that is you're not calling **** like you see it... you're foreseeing it like you're miss cleo. You choose to look at everything like your outlook is fact when fact is its not. You're one opinion in a bloody sea of hemorrhaging *** holes. Far as don't or a super fan goes I'm far from any of that. My entire family has gone to this school. My father,my brothers & myself have all put in blood sweat & tears for this u. I don't need approval or acceptance from anyone. I call it like I see it too. I've been on this dumb *** board since grassy too I suppose that should be impressive. All it tells me is that win or lose none of yall will be happy. I was recruited by Dennis & butch & played for onion. I've seen ur type since the very beginning too. **** excuses. Even when we were winning championships yall still had complaints. Personally I think it's yall way of living out your own dream. Like a father through his son. The simple point is you've been told from the beginning exactly how this is gonna play out yet you still wanna pretend what you see is the end result. Instead of getting in your feelings realize you make good points which we'll have to see if they remain valid or not. Because the rest of your argument is flawed. You can't say what Richt or this offense is if you don't sit back & see it. Lastly I've seen what brought bout the drought of this program. Everyone has a piece in that.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Not calling **** like I see it ? My comments, as well as the comments of many others on this board, are based completely on what ACTUALLY HAPPENED last Saturday.

I know this is a difficult concept for you superfans to grasp. You blindly accept the new regimes, don't question a **** thing, and assume everything will work out just fine. When someone , God forbid, actually questions what is going on you superfans loose you ******* minds and grab your Don Bailey Jr Rolodex of rebuttals.

Here are the facts...we all assumed that due to the quality of competition the dumbed down conservative playbook we saw the first 4 games was simply an example "saving things for later" and "not wanting to put things on film". Then, when we actually play one of the most important games of the season and we see basically the exact same thing...maybe even worse since no adjustments were made in game. THIS IS WHY WE QUESTION RICHT AS A PLAYCALLER.

His record against ranked opponents, overall, is also a concern. You can spew all the superfan garbage you want but some of us choose to look at things objectively. I have zero issue with Richt as the CEO/head coach. I have serious issues with Richt as a play caller.

Not calling **** like I see it ? My comments, as well as the comments of many others on this board, are based completely on what ACTUALLY HAPPENED last Saturday.

I know this is a difficult concept for you superfans to grasp. You blindly accept the new regimes, don't question a **** thing, and assume everything will work out just fine. When someone , God forbid, actually questions what is going on you superfans loose you ****ing minds and grab your Don Bailey Jr Rolodex of rebuttals.

Here are the facts...we all assumed that due to the quality of competition the dumbed down conservative playbook we saw the first 4 games was simply an example "saving things for later" and "not wanting to put things on film". Then, when we actually play one of the most important games of the season and we see basically the exact same thing...maybe even worse since no adjustments were made in game. THIS IS WHY WE QUESTION RICHT AS A PLAYCALLER.

His record against ranked opponents, overall, is also a concern. You can spew all the superfan garbage you want but some of us choose to look at things objectively. I have zero issue with Richt as the CEO/head coach. I have serious issues with Richt as a play caller.

Okay focus here... One question. Because you started on this tipsy once I pointed out you're proposal is hypocritical. You're answer is to hire a dedicated OC & for richt to be the hnic. Yet you're reasoning for coming to this conclusion in you're supposed fact checking & getting rid of those blinders you mention his record against ranked opponents etc. Again his record (since ur dredging up past again)came about with him doing exactly what you're proposing he do now. He had a dedicated OC for damnow near the entire time he was a head coach... so as I said & you just felt like arguing, you're basing this off of a 1 game body of work. 1 game in which you were told upfront EXPECT EXACTLY MORE OF THE SAME... So where does your vitriol come from if not a pretty based opinion rather than giving him a chance to show what he is? Don't know how that's any superfan **** or anything else. Cause if you see logic in what you're saying while discarding exactly what I said there's the problem in itself.

Advertisement
No point in going back & forth for this though. You're entitled your beliefs & as far as I'm concerned you've shown your hand. Enjoy the rest of the gators season.

I propose hiring a real OC, and not CMR who has basically been out of football Xs and Os for a decade....

The Free Shoes Game playcalling was a crime against humanity....

You'd have to go back to Nix to get anything this awful.

No point in going back & forth for this though. You're entitled your beliefs & as far as I'm concerned you've shown your hand. Enjoy the rest of the gators season.

Finally you type something that is accurate. There absolutely is no point in going back and forth on this because generally speaking you can't fix ignorance. I don't hold it against you...you have the right to believe whatever you want and be as misinformed as you allow yourself to be.

But next time you going to spew half the garbage you've spewed in your last couple of posts take the time to read WHAT I'VE ACTUALLY SAID ON THESE TOPICS IN THIS AND OTHER THREADS. I have no need to re-type or repeat what has already been discussed ad nauseam.

You came at me in that first post...not the other way around. So at least educate yourself on my stance on topics before you go off on a tangent spewing ignorant superfan bs and ATTEMPT to do something resembling a "call out".

Enjoy your weekend.

Good original post except for throwing down the field
- Not sure we have the time to do that with this OL

Advertisement
Back