My observations from the game

*Perry looked the best overall with Tate second. Williams had a bad day other than the pass to Mallory.

*Every ball Tate threw was a baseball throw except the fade TD. Nice touch on that one. You can tell he's still uncomfortable under center.

*Irvin has totally reshaped his body. He'll contribute.

*Zion still needs 20lbs

*Wiggins need to fix his hands asap.

*Mallory is better than advertised. Really excited to watch this kid.

*Marshall Few is a quality walk on.

*Not sure if this was already announced but Richt came on the Jumbo to say he'll be an ACC Network analyst.

*The red head cheerleader is f'n hot.

Too many walk ons forced into action and obviously a very vanilla playbook for spring so i'm not looking to far into anything regarding the QB battle.

Can you extrapolate more on the red-headed cheerleader . . .

Advertisement
*Perry looked the best overall with Tate second. Williams had a bad day other than the pass to Mallory.

*Every ball Tate threw was a baseball throw except the fade TD. Nice touch on that one. You can tell he's still uncomfortable under center.

*Irvin has totally reshaped his body. He'll contribute.

*Zion still needs 20lbs

*Wiggins need to fix his hands asap.

*Mallory is better than advertised. Really excited to watch this kid.

*Marshall Few is a quality walk on. (Edit: He's not a walk on anymore technically but you get the point)

*Not sure if this was already announced but Richt came on the Jumbo to say he'll be an ACC Network analyst.

*The red head cheerleader is f'n hot.

Too many walk ons forced into action and obviously a very vanilla playbook for spring so i'm not looking to far into anything regarding the QB battle.

Thanks for the pic *******

Can the oline protect the qb? That’s the question. If not we are in for a long season. Don’t matter how good backs we have and wide receivers if the qb gets put on his back every down

Advertisement
Junior. He’s played on special teams but if they trust him enough to give him meaningful snaps then I’m not against it. If he could catch and follow assignments then take snaps over Harley and Wiggins.

Where has Harley been? Seems like Pope has stepped up and Harley has checked out. Unless he is injured.

Advertisement
Can the oline protect the qb? That’s the question. If not we are in for a long season. Don’t matter how good backs we have and wide receivers if the qb gets put on his back every down

I'm not confident in our OL at all. However i think we're going run a lot of motions and 2 TE sets to keep the DE's and LB's honest. Your'e going to see our TE's and RB's exploiting matchups against LB's and SS.

Is he a senior? I believe he will be a good rotational player for us this year. He is the type of receiver u can rely on to be where he is suppose to and to catch the ball. Similar to Berrios but Berrios played a little dirty. That Miami edge. Haven't seen enough of Few to know if he plays that way.
If after signing so many highly recruited receivers and we have to depend on someone like Few to play (Not knocking the kid but he is a walk-On) then we’re going to be in trouble this year.

Advertisement
If after signing so many highly recruited receivers and we have to depend on someone like Few to play (Not knocking the kid but he is a walk-On) then we’re going to be in trouble this year.

Not necessarily depending on him to play but knowing he is a safe option if need be.

Not necessarily depending on him to play but knowing he is a safe option if need be.
For the Role you’re envisioning for him is the one that Osborn is currently filling. After Osborn, Harley would be second in line for those snaps once healthy. Again, just my opinion, if he sees meaningful snaps this season we’re in trouble.

Advertisement
For the Role you’re envisioning for him is the one that Osborn is currently filling. After Osborn, Harley would be second in line for those snaps once healthy. Again, just my opinion, if he sees meaningful snaps this season we’re in trouble.

Osborn is going to start. Few is not going to start. The role I envision Few in is a Berrios type but as a rotational player.

Few is the type of kid that usually goes to schools like a UNC or Wake and has 50-60 catches a senior. He quick, runs good routes and most importantly catches the ball. Until Harley or Wiggins prove they're not liabilities Few is a reliable option.

My takes,

Pretty vanilla offense, to be expected.

Surprised so much was under center.

Perry and Tate are ahead of Williams.

O line needs alot of work, which may play into Tate's favor.

Mallory will play at the next level.

Osborn showed out.

Announced crowd just over 9k.

Advertisement
Back