My Cam’ron Harris Hot Take

Cam is the best back we have at pressing the hole and pass blocking. My only critique is that he tries to bounce it too much sometimes. Main thing holding him back from big yards the past few weeks is Laahlee's insistence on the inside zone to set everything else up. That's gonna mean lots of 1 yd and a cloud of dust. Would like to see him more creative with outside zones and pulling guards.

I agree with this, but we get bottled up on those plays too, especially outside zone.

Attacking the middle of the field off play action and regular three step drop is where the gold lies. Our guys will lose some battles up front. There will be short and no gain plays. But if we get the linebackers and safeties watching instead of crashing run, especially on 1st down, the run game will open and those explosive run plays will return.

If teams are stubborn, King will have more 400 yard, multiple touchdown performances. Win win situation either way.

Advertisement
A zone run doesn’t necessarily have to blow the defense off the line up the middle to be successful.

The lateral movement of the line gives a running back more options than any other play. He can take it up the middle, bounce it play side or cut back against the grain.

What we do have to eliminate is guys on the o line getting pushed backwards. A lot of that comes from our guys being average and Lashlee being to predictable with the runs up the middle. Our backs are dangerous when they hit the line with momentum.

If Lashlee realizes he has to pass to open the run and attack the middle even more than the success we had at NC State, the offense will be explosive from here on out.

Teams will tire of King killing them for 350-400 yards and back off cheating the inside zone. We will have the opportunity to lean on teams for big rushing yards in the second half.
This is the way

Advertisement
Back