My Cam’ron Harris Hot Take

Absolutely that's the first thing I thought about. Duke always got caught in any meaningful games
Because his legs were tired from carrying the team each year he was there.

Imagine Duke in this offense with King as his quarterback. He could've stayed at his freshman weight, the most 10 pounds heavier.

Cam won't be as responsible for a much as Duke was.

Advertisement
Cam Harris is a straight beast best running back Miami has had in a long time. Definitely starting to become my favorite UM running back in the “after McGahee era“.. He is built like a tank that has breakaway speed.. my comparison might be off a lil bit but to me he reminds me of Zeke Elliot when he was at Ohio State.

Here is my hot take: Cam’ron Harris is going to finish this season in the conversation of being better or right up there with Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson’s last year was ridiculous, 2073 yards total offense, 1652 yards rushing, 10 rushing TDs with 421 receiving yards and 3 receiving TDs. I don’t see Cam getting 2000 total yards of total offense but he’s on pace for over 1500 yards rushing and 20 rushing TDs.

Do y’all know the last time a Miami running Back even sniffed 20 rushing TDs was McGahee with 28?? That’s going to put Cam up there with some great company and I think he can do it.
Most who knew, this no surprise to us, and this is the main reason it's foolish for people to even have the so & so was a this star recruit, you can pull up post from way back when we said cam was going to be one of the best backs and that he was going to be the better back over lo, but people caught up in that nerd recruiting site star system.

I said the same thing when people kept crying over bogle going to gaytorville, it's ok, cause we got cam williams. Not a peep, but do to go crazy with the comparison, they are they're own guys, just know that we in great hands with the cam & cam connection!

he's not very shifty, but I do like the guy

it just seems like he was quicker in previous seasons.

Cam Harris is a straight beast best running back Miami has had in a long time. Definitely starting to become my favorite UM running back in the “after McGahee era“.. He is built like a tank that has breakaway speed.. my comparison might be off a lil bit but to me he reminds me of Zeke Elliot when he was at Ohio State.

Here is my hot take: Cam’ron Harris is going to finish this season in the conversation of being better or right up there with Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson’s last year was ridiculous, 2073 yards total offense, 1652 yards rushing, 10 rushing TDs with 421 receiving yards and 3 receiving TDs. I don’t see Cam getting 2000 total yards of total offense but he’s on pace for over 1500 yards rushing and 20 rushing TDs.

Do y’all know the last time a Miami running Back even sniffed 20 rushing TDs was McGahee with 28?? That’s going to put Cam up there with some great company and I think he can do it.

Cam'ron is a 'balla, we don't need to compare him to Duke or anyone else. He is defining who he is with exceptional play.

Advertisement
Cam Harris, through 2 games in 2020:

3rd nationally in rushing yards (268)
1st nationally in yards per carry, minimum 15 carries (10.31)
5th nationally in rushing TDs (5)
4th nationally in scrimmage yards (282)

He's been sensational.

Advertisement
Cam Harris, through 2 games in 2020:

3rd nationally in rushing yards (268)
1st nationally in yards per carry, minimum 15 carries (10.31)
5th nationally in rushing TDs (5)
4th nationally in scrimmage yards (282)

He's been sensational.
At this rate both he and King will be in New York come December.

Unless they do it in some sort of Virtual Heisman Zoom way this year.

Cam needs to show some durability now. He hobbles off weekly. Coley memories.

Advertisement
Cam had 3 or 4 long runs called back last year so we saw glimpses of his big play ability, but I didn't see this coming. If defenses give him a crease it's over, yeah he had a 75 yarder Saturday but he 2 or 3 other chunk plays.

Cam is a MAN! Straight balla. DKing talked a lot about him during fall practices, but most almost forgot about him when Knighton and Chaney showed up.

Cam will be the horse and after he softens up the D’ the young pups will clean up. We are finally blessed. Go Canes!

Advertisement
I was never a huge fan and predicted last week that he would be passed by the end of the year. I didn’t realize he had the speed to bounce it outside and blow past guys like that. Pretty clear I underestimated him.

I don’t think he is as shifty or dynamic as duke. Duke was a physical runner for his size, but Cam doesn’t go down on the first tackle. He seems especially strong this year.

I think Rooster has higher upside, but Cam is a solid No 1 that keeps defenses honest.
You were judging too much on the last 3 games of last year where a) he was playing hurt (although still performing) and b) the OL had quit and Enos was running him into 8 man boxes constantly

Thought Cam showed some leadership turning down theTD rings. To me that is saying to the team lets celebrate when the game is over and we have won

He hasn’t surprised me at all.

I never thought Deejay was THAT much better than him. Look at their yards and YPC.

Advertisement
Back