My Cam’ron Harris Hot Take

Advertisement
he made himself a lot of money last night with that 75 yard td run. Any pro scout who had doubts of his breakaway ability got to see it in primetime
I agree 💯❗️ If you saw that the UL DBs couldn’t catch Cam with an angle. That’s rare. On that run, Cam went into the discussion of a top RB selected in the draft. Cam is physically comparable to some of the more elite RBs in the league. Cam has developed more shiftiness since high school, but I cannot fully asses his vision yet. If Cam continues to have a year like he is having now (leading the ACC in rushing, even ahead of Etienne), Cam will be one of the highest RBs drafted, if not the highest.

Advertisement
he's not very shifty, but I do like the guy

it just seems like he was quicker in previous seasons.
That's how I feel.

If Cam gets a crease he can be gone. He's improved his size/physicality too. It's getting through the wash and creating for himself where he can struggle.

Cam has better straight line speed and a little more size than Duke, but Duke has the advantage everywhere else.

Duke should be considered Royalty. I'll be more than happy if Cam gives us a Homer/Dallas type season, which he's well on the way to doing.

I like Cam, but I will need the season to play out. My main gripe with him was his vision, he left yards on the field in previous years, but now with a real scheme that gives him space and options he can unlock his full potential

Did anyone else notice that Cam inn the 2nd half created his yardage himself?
The plays were called to try and find a hole up the middle but be kept bouncing to the outside to pick up yardage. Our OL can't create holes up the middle so our RB's need to start bouncing you the outside to pick up meaningful yardage

Advertisement
Cam Harris is a straight beast best running back Miami has had in a long time. Definitely starting to become my favorite UM running back in the “after McGahee era“.. He is built like a tank that has breakaway speed.. my comparison might be off a lil bit but to me he reminds me of Zeke Elliot when he was at Ohio State.

Here is my hot take: Cam’ron Harris is going to finish this season in the conversation of being better or right up there with Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson’s last year was ridiculous, 2073 yards total offense, 1652 yards rushing, 10 rushing TDs with 421 receiving yards and 3 receiving TDs. I don’t see Cam getting 2000 total yards of total offense but he’s on pace for over 1500 yards rushing and 20 rushing TDs.

Do y’all know the last time a Miami running Back even sniffed 20 rushing TDs was McGahee with 28?? That’s going to put Cam up there with some great company and I think he can do it.

hahahHa

The plays were called to try and find a hole up the middle but be kept bouncing to the outside to pick up yardage. Our OL can't create holes up the middle so our RB's need to start bouncing you the outside to pick up meaningful yardage

We all know the o-line sucks at run blocking and have known all year. Cam broke two big runs and that’s about it. Why is Cam just now realizing he has to create himself like a real RB? Hopefully he continues to play better because we need him to step up down the stretch.

Advertisement

A zone run doesn’t necessarily have to blow the defense off the line up the middle to be successful.

The lateral movement of the line gives a running back more options than any other play. He can take it up the middle, bounce it play side or cut back against the grain.

What we do have to eliminate is guys on the o line getting pushed backwards. A lot of that comes from our guys being average and Lashlee being to predictable with the runs up the middle. Our backs are dangerous when they hit the line with momentum.

If Lashlee realizes he has to pass to open the run and attack the middle even more than the success we had at NC State, the offense will be explosive from here on out.

Teams will tire of King killing them for 350-400 yards and back off cheating the inside zone. We will have the opportunity to lean on teams for big rushing yards in the second half.

Cam Harris is a straight beast best running back Miami has had in a long time. Definitely starting to become my favorite UM running back in the “after McGahee era“.. He is built like a tank that has breakaway speed.. my comparison might be off a lil bit but to me he reminds me of Zeke Elliot when he was at Ohio State.

Here is my hot take: Cam’ron Harris is going to finish this season in the conversation of being better or right up there with Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson’s last year was ridiculous, 2073 yards total offense, 1652 yards rushing, 10 rushing TDs with 421 receiving yards and 3 receiving TDs. I don’t see Cam getting 2000 total yards of total offense but he’s on pace for over 1500 yards rushing and 20 rushing TDs.

Do y’all know the last time a Miami running Back even sniffed 20 rushing TDs was McGahee with 28?? That’s going to put Cam up there with some great company and I think he can do it.

lol **** Cam I believed in you!! What happened? 😫😫🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
lol **** Cam I believed in you!! What happened? 😫😫🤦🏽‍♂️
Nothings changed. Cam has pretty consistently been good against weaker run defenses, and not very good against stronger run defenses.

VT & GT have bad run defenses. I'd suspect Cam and our run game as a whole looks really good in the next 2 games.

But Cam's been the same dude all along.

A zone run doesn’t necessarily have to blow the defense off the line up the middle to be successful.

The lateral movement of the line gives a running back more options than any other play. He can take it up the middle, bounce it play side or cut back against the grain.

What we do have to eliminate is guys on the o line getting pushed backwards. A lot of that comes from our guys being average and Lashlee being to predictable with the runs up the middle. Our backs are dangerous when they hit the line with momentum.

If Lashlee realizes he has to pass to open the run and attack the middle even more than the success we had at NC State, the offense will be explosive from here on out.

Teams will tire of King killing them for 350-400 yards and back off cheating the inside zone. We will have the opportunity to lean on teams for big rushing yards in the second half.
Not nearly enough of our fans get this they just want to see our guys maul 10 yards downfield when we aren’t even asking our guys to do so. We have done better on non-option plays where we are just downhill blocking. Not done well, but done better.

Lashlee has some big blame for our lack of creativity and stability running the ball and on occasion so does king

Cam ran the ball better the last game. Cam did get into a rut, and wasn’t following his coaching for a couple of games out of frustration due to poor OL blocking.

The Canes OL run blocking against NCST was still poor, but Cam ran more consistently with how he is being Coached. He presses the lLOS to get the opposing NCST front to commit and engage blockers, then he cuts into a hole.

sometimes, it’s not about how much yardage you pick up, it’s whether the RB runs the play the way he is supposed to in order to set up success on other plays and overall success on offense. If Cam keeps this up, he will eventually start seeing greater success. I would be surprised if he doesn’t start seeing greater success against Va Tech on Saturday

Last edited:
Cam is the best back we have at pressing the hole and pass blocking. My only critique is that he tries to bounce it too much sometimes. Main thing holding him back from big yards the past few weeks is Laahlee's insistence on the inside zone to set everything else up. That's gonna mean lots of 1 yd and a cloud of dust. Would like to see him more creative with outside zones and pulling guards.

Advertisement
Back