Multiple students at Miami sign fake petition to ban Hurricane mascot, even blaming PTSD

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's not mother nature, they're trying to portray that it reminds them of going through a hurricane and brings back memories of devastation, etc. Like they can't handle it or it is offensive to them.

All of this is catalyzed by the incessant "virtue signaling" by celebrities and media personalities ...

.... all this " look at me, i am more sensitive and tolerant than others" is a result of being immersed in social media unreality and pampered parenting ... resulting in deep insecurities, self righteous guilt and self loathing.

Lord help us, if we ever get attacked or get drawn into another world wide war ... these daisies will run to hug the enemy and beg for mercy!!

Last edited:
All of this is catalyzed by the incessant "virtue signaling" by celebrities and media personalities ...
.... all this " look at me, i am more sensitive and tolerant" is a result of deep insecurities, self loathing and pampered parenting.

Lord help us, if we ever get attacked ... these daisies will run to hug the enemy and beg for mercy!!
Oh yeah, I was SMH at Jessica Beil advocating for parents not to vaccinate their kids. I had all the required vaccines and the only thing I ever had was chicken pox. Meanwhile, the measles rate is higher than it's ever been.

I'm in no way shape or form a millennial. I was born 19 years before this millennium and act NOTHING like those clowns.
I wasn't "sent to my room" or worse, "time out" where all the toys and video games were; I was whooped with a belt
Your definition of a millennial and the actual definition of a millennial differ.

The young generation of kids that are currently in college are considered "post millennial" or "generation Z"

This is the problem with grouping millions of people into specific groups simply by what year they were born. I was born in 1979. Was the world all that different for me than someone who was born in 1981? Of course not. However, the person born in 1981 is considered a millennial and gets to enjoy all the negative stereotypes while my appathetic, Gen X *** doesn't care either way. (Another stereotype)

Also, I'm not trying to single you out D4H. Lots of people think teenagers today are millennials when it's not the case.

Advertisement
We can’t afford to be sensitive to **** that doesn’t matter. My brother is in Korea eating dog food (MREs) in the Marines protecting our country with half of it that doesn’t respect his sacrifice. There are real problems out there.
Shoot, MREs taste better than my public school lunches growing up. Also I dont think people join the military to have people respect their sacrifices, at least I hope they arent.

I graduated Colorado state in 2017 and let me tell you the majority of students on that campus were so offended by everything it was insane. When trump was elected I had multiple teachers cancel class and there was counseling made available for students who were “traumatized”by the event. Growing up in Miami although not perfect it doesn’t even come close to level of constant offense from everything that people in Colorado had

I remember Linda Robertson writing a column right after Hurricane Andrew calling for a name change. She was ahead of her time.

Arch, they make the post WW2 French look like Rambo. They are well on the way to being Eloi..........................

We have several on this site - and they won't understand your references - the fighting abilities exhibited by the French of WWII is hilarious - they won't get it.

Since they don't read any more - your reference to the Eloi . . . will likewise leave them scratching their heads -

It's a shame - some of them are so cute with their dumb-as-sh** little concepts of the world.

In the meantime, GO CANES!

Advertisement

.... all this " look at me, i am more sensitive and tolerant than others" is a result of being immersed in social media unreality and pampered parenting ... resulting in deep insecurities, self righteous guilt and self loathing.

Lord help us, if we ever get attacked or get drawn into another world wide war ... these daisies will run to hug the enemy and beg for mercy!!
If we got drawn into another world war we'd win it.

Your definition of a millennial and the actual definition of a millennial differ.

The young generation of kids that are currently in college are considered "post millennial" or "generation Z"

This is the problem with grouping millions of people into specific groups simply by what year they were born. I was born in 1979. Was the world all that different for me than someone who was born in 1981? Of course not. However, the person born in 1981 is considered a millennial and gets to enjoy all the negative stereotypes while my appathetic, Gen X *** doesn't care either way. (Another stereotype)

Also, I'm not trying to single you out D4H. Lots of people think teenagers today are millennials when it's not the case.
I'm born in 86 and when I was growing up it was called Generation Y, if anything. when did this whole "millennial" ****e start?

Advertisement

I would agree then, I'm probably much like you and the definitions are wrong. The real shame is needing to "define" each generation, with the latest couple negatively.

Nobody, anywhere, at any time, should ever be offended by anything, ever again.

We must strive to live in a society where people cannot ever possibly be offended.

Y’all think this is funky?

Try attending a sensitivity session for properly addressing non-binary people so that they are not offended. It’s honestly exhausting trying to keep up. Cis, non-cis, binary, non-binary, not being able to use the terms “him” or “her”.

An honest to goodness session with medical professionals, MD’s, pharmacists, etc, being lectured, put on by a major university, so that these professionals could be “taught” about how to address people in a way to no one is ever offended. I mean, we’re talking about completely changing the use of adjectives, pronouns, etc.

Mind numbing.

I don't even bother. It is always "something". Always. If you wanna identify as a Red Sour Patch kid I will ******* eat you.

Not if this gen takes over.... they would have gotten rid of the military and nukes by then, looking for peace treaties with everyone ...including ISIS types

Look at Europe now....
They were saying the same thing about Millennials who have been fighting wars since 2001. America's youth prove more resilient than given credit. Put them in combat, they'll do their job.

I graduated Colorado state in 2017 and let me tell you the majority of students on that campus were so offended by everything it was insane. When trump was elected I had multiple teachers cancel class and there was counseling made available for students who were “traumatized”by the event. Growing up in Miami although not perfect it doesn’t even come close to level of constant offense from everything that people in Colorado had
And I thought smoking a lot of weed would make people a little more apathetic.

Advertisement
Back