Mullen too brash for Miami

Advertisement
I'm not sure why Mullen even bothers anymore. It's obvious he wants to be a Hurricane, as this is the second time he's interviewed for the position. He's a hardass football coach, I'm not sure what this school is after. Are we hoping more ice cream parties are on the menu?

When Mullen was hired at Miss State, on his first day he rounded up every single employee inside the football program - assistants, secretaries, staffers, janitors, etc - and told them all they were part of the problem. When they told them this is they way they've always done things, he said "obviously that wasn't good enough." His personality is actually a good fit for the cleansing that needs to take place at Miami.

Poor dude just wants a chance to get his hands on some talent. They gave the same soft line the last time he interviewed with us. He must have thought the f@qqotry had left town with Shalala. Guess not.

Can you imagine if they sat in a room with Meyer? Harbaugh? Saban? We'll never, ever be good again with a bunch of soft-shouldered ****** calling the shots. They'd turn down the best coaches in the country for being too rude. What a clown show.

Last edited:
Didn't UF come to the same conclusion?

I think he's a good coach, but he probably is a true *******.

******** run up scores and say if they're mad stop us. kind of like our glory days that we can't stop bringing up.
sign me up...

Advertisement
He is an arrogant ****y guy. However, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of him as we could use a shot of that with our culture.

I understand your point, but you can be arrogant and ****y if you are Bellichek, Saban, etc. It doesnt work well in most other cases. Just like there is a fine line between genius and insanity, there is also a fine line between arrogance and confidence.

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

Blake is such a ******* beta.

All great coaches have gigantic egos, Blake is trying to find a nice guy.

Would love for us to hire a ****y *******. Hope the team takes on the personality of coach, too.

Advertisement
And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

Blake is such a ******* beta.

All great coaches have gigantic egos, Blake is trying to find a nice guy.
Blake doesn't want an alpha around. He will look for a nice guy a la golden or Richt. Not surprised.

My buddy worked with him at Utah on Urban's staff. His exact words on Mullen, "Sharp guy, thinks outside the box, can be an ***** but overall people like him."

I hate this administration and Blake James. These guys are completely incompetent.

Advertisement
OP, I think that quote was talking about his interview from 2010. Here is the entire context it was in....

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way

Seems like, in the bolded part, they're talking about the 2010 search.

Mullen is a hillbilly. He absolutely does not "fit" at Miami. Wrong guy for this job.

Jimmy Johnson came from Oklahoma State by way of Arkansas you stupid ignorant ****.

Sorry, JJ was and is all Miami, irrespective of where he is from.

You people are ******* morons of the highest degree. This isn't a ******* arranged marriage. You're hiring a football coach. You football chicks are obsessed with looks and personality.

Claiming that Mullen doesn't "fit" at Miami when all the best coaches in Miami history have been hillbillies is well is the height of retardation.

Advertisement
And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Holding his own isn't great
he has 1 of the best QB's in nation too, when he leaves what happens?

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

cAhJgtI.jpg

My buddy worked with him at Utah on Urban's staff. His exact words on Mullen, "Sharp guy, thinks outside the box, can be an ***** but overall people like him."

I hate this administration and Blake James. These guys are completely incompetent.
Sigh. I can't believe I expected even a tiny semblance of competence from this school. You have Mullen and Butch begging for the job and you toss them aside and go begging Richt who just got fired to take the job. LOL.

Advertisement
Back