Mullen too brash for Miami

Mullen has everything that I look for in a successful coaching candidate. He's not my favorite choice but he's got HC experience in a brutal conference at a school that you can't ever win at. He has an INSANE pedigree working under the 2nd greatest coach of the last 20 years in Meyer, and was with Meyer a long long time.

He's overly demanding, which is exactly what works best with SoFla players. These kids WANT to be worked hard. What I mean is that there is a culture down here than when you have someone kick their *** they respond by improving 10 fold.

He BADLY wants the job, as he's applied for it twice. He's not some over the hill dude who is contemplating retirement.

He absolutely would change the entire S&C program here including firing our joke Corch Swasey.

But he's too "brash". Honestly they prob hired Randy and Al, and like Richt, bc those guys are all strapping gents and the faqqots who run our school are turned on by them. Probably why Kingsbury was in consideration too. Meanwhile this short stubby ornery guy who is dying to take his frustrations over the lack of talent out on the FBS world, he's not pretty enough for Paul DiMare and co.

Advertisement
Then you have Porter saying this:

Since Saturday, UM has interviewed Richt, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano and Butch Davis, sources said. Mullen, 43, is believed to be Miami’s second choice.

That's because the article in the OP was talking about 2010, not 2015

Holding his own isn't great
he has 1 of the best QB's in nation too, when he leaves what happens?

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

Maybe you said the same thing about his offense after he left Tebow. Prescott was perfect for his system and he found him, got him to go to MSU and groomed him for success. I think he'll probably go and do it again.

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

gets murked by ranked teams

again 2 best wins are vs 5 loss overrated teams and then he shlt the bed

Look at the body of work. The last time Mississippi State has seen success anywhere near Mullen's there were German U-boats patrolling the Atlantic.

Yes and Golden turned Temple around, Schiano Rutgers, fuente Memphis etc
Mullen looks average to me and I guess to everyone else, he is still at Miss st for a reason

We all know by now why Golden's "success' at Temple was skewed. (Moving into a smaller conference, new found investment into the program by the administration trumping those in their conference.. ect.) Temples been pretty good since Golden.

Rutgers was always above or teetering right around .500 until Terry Shea stunk up the joint. All Schiano did was get them back to teetering around .500.

An average coach gets his **** pushed in in that division and conference. Mullen's stickin' and movin' mane

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. Someone post a quote from an article written 5 years ago and everyone goes crazy ****ting on the school. Then people point out the fact that the article was written 5 years ago and still clowns **** on the school for being scared of a "brash" coach when sources are saying in 2015 we like him and he's possibly our number 2 choice? People should just calm down and relax and let the process play out. Getting riled up over media speculation is idiotic. Additionally I'm confused as to why everyone is putting on the cape for a dude with a mediocre record as a HC. Kaaya ain't Prescotf so Mullen's work with him doesn't impress me as they are completely different qbs in my opinion. He has no real quality wins as a HC and people are clamoring for him due to his UF work in which I can't even be sure he was the sole driver of the offensive success.

Advertisement
What a bunch of faqqots getting all bent out of shape about someone who they perceive as "brash."

Years ago we had coaches running up the score on teams and not giving a single fck when opponents would bltch about it.

That being said, isn't Schiano a total @sshole? Remember this?

NFL scouts haven't always felt welcome at Rutgers practices. Former coach Greg Schiano was notorious for treating NFL scouts poorly when they visited campus.

"At Rutgers, it was a really unpleasant day," an AFC executive told Yahoo Sports in 2012. "You were made to feel like an outsider, like you weren't welcome. And everyone was scared to talk to you. (Schiano) tried so hard to be a hard *** and went out of his way to be rude."

Unlike Greg Schiano, Rutgers coach Kyle Flood welcomes NFL scouts at practice | NJ.com

So Mullen is rubbing folks the wrong way, but we're strongly considering a total prick and below average coach like Schiano?

I have an awful awful feeling about this search.

Yep!

Advertisement
What a bunch of faqqots getting all bent out of shape about someone who they perceive as "brash."

Years ago we had coaches running up the score on teams and not giving a single fck when opponents would bltch about it.

That being said, isn't Schiano a total @sshole? Remember this?

NFL scouts haven't always felt welcome at Rutgers practices. Former coach Greg Schiano was notorious for treating NFL scouts poorly when they visited campus.

"At Rutgers, it was a really unpleasant day," an AFC executive told Yahoo Sports in 2012. "You were made to feel like an outsider, like you weren't welcome. And everyone was scared to talk to you. (Schiano) tried so hard to be a hard *** and went out of his way to be rude."

Unlike Greg Schiano, Rutgers coach Kyle Flood welcomes NFL scouts at practice | NJ.com

So Mullen is rubbing folks the wrong way, but we're strongly considering a total prick and below average coach like Schiano?

I have an awful awful feeling about this search.

So do I. Monkey Boy: God help us all. It just keeps getting worse every time.

Mullen has everything that I look for in a successful coaching candidate. He's not my favorite choice but he's got HC experience in a brutal conference at a school that you can't ever win at. He has an INSANE pedigree working under the 2nd greatest coach of the last 20 years in Meyer, and was with Meyer a long long time.

He's overly demanding, which is exactly what works best with SoFla players. These kids WANT to be worked hard. What I mean is that there is a culture down here than when you have someone kick their *** they respond by improving 10 fold.

He BADLY wants the job, as he's applied for it twice. He's not some over the hill dude who is contemplating retirement.

He absolutely would change the entire S&C program here including firing our joke Corch Swasey.

But he's too "brash". Honestly they prob hired Randy and Al, and like Richt, bc those guys are all strapping gents and the faqqots who run our school are turned on by them. Probably why Kingsbury was in consideration too. Meanwhile this short stubby ornery guy who is dying to take his frustrations over the lack of talent out on the FBS world, he's not pretty enough for Paul DiMare and co.

I would really like a Mullen hire. He is exactly the type of alpha male prick this program so desperately needs. Give me Gundy, Mullen or Butch or get out of my face!

Advertisement
Why is it that the same posters are always on point about certain things? Could it be that as passionate fans, we actually understand this program more than some old paisano tomato farmer and a cross dressing ticket salesman? For fvcks sake what makes it so frustrating is the problems with the program are obvious and fixable, but if you think the problems are something else you'll never fix what is actually wrong.

I can't wait for the coach to be announced. This crap is for the birds, everyone going full ****** one way or another because some beat writer said something.

This is infinitely worse than following recruiting.

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

These idiots are clueless. Not hiring Mullen to be a psychiatrist. We already had one sports psychologist who was a complete ***. They want a coach who wins the press conference, not football games.

Close to time to jump ship.

Browns are hiring fans

Advertisement
"Davis, 64, appears to be behind the aforementioned trio. A source described his meeting with UM last Saturday as “outstanding,” but said some decision-makers remain unconvinced about his time at North Carolina, which ended amid academic scandal. Davis, who was never implicated by the NCAA, hasn’t coached since UNC dismissed him in 2010."

This makes me want to puke.

It's one thing to be an abrasive ***** to your opponents. I think we would all appreciate and be in favor of that. It's entirely another to be a difficult and abrasive ***** to people within the athletic dept and university. It would become very easy for the university to lose control of the team if the players, along with the coach, felt they were above reproach. If Mullen knew how to channel and control those emotions, he would probably be our number 1 guy and likely would have been UF's number 1 guy in the past as well. There's a reason why they didn't even give him a sniff.

And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Exactly, even in the face of Hugh Freeze bringing in the dump truck to try and outbid L$U for recruits.

I swear, some people do understand the term CONTEXT.

It's not about what a Mullen could do at a bargain basement $EC school like MSU, though pretty impressive...it's what a brash Mullen at UM could do with our skill recruiting and a solid DC. Different world, easier to succeed.

UM

Advertisement
Back