Mullen too brash for Miami

Advertisement
That's a horrible sign. Same old Miami. This is what happens when you have too many Planter's Peanuts involved in making a football decision. They're like Schmails' wife from Caddyshack, and Mullen is Al Czervik. Nothing changed since the last search.

Advertisement
Mullen is a hillbilly. He absolutely does not "fit" at Miami. Wrong guy for this job.

Jimmy Johnson came from Oklahoma State by way of Arkansas you stupid ignorant ****.

Sorry, JJ was and is all Miami, irrespective of where he is from.

You people are ******* morons of the highest degree. This isn't a ******* arranged marriage. You're hiring a football coach. You football chicks are obsessed with looks and personality.

Claiming that Mullen doesn't "fit" at Miami when all the best coaches in Miami history have been hillbillies is well is the height of retardation.
Bro he's gotta be all Miami all the time bro.

And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Holding his own isn't great
he has 1 of the best QB's in nation too, when he leaves what happens?

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

Maybe you said the same thing about his offense after he left Tebow. Prescott was perfect for his system and he found him, got him to go to MSU and groomed him for success. I think he'll probably go and do it again.

Advertisement
Mullen is a hillbilly. He absolutely does not "fit" at Miami. Wrong guy for this job.

Jimmy Johnson came from Oklahoma State by way of Arkansas you stupid ignorant ****.

Sorry, JJ was and is all Miami, irrespective of where he is from.

You people are ****ing morons of the highest degree. This isn't a ****ing arranged marriage. You're hiring a football coach. You football chicks are obsessed with looks and personality.

Claiming that Mullen doesn't "fit" at Miami when all the best coaches in Miami history have been hillbillies is well is the height of retardation.

Chill out. You can make your point without insulting people.

I actually like Mullen, but fit is important, especially with a family. I could not live in South Dakota - my family would be miserable and so would I. It's a cultural thing. That's the reality of life.

Having said that, I do not think Mullen would be a bad fit here. JJ was a fit culturally - he just fits in at Miami, don't give a **** where he is from or what his accent is like.

Didn't UF come to the same conclusion?

I think he's a good coach, but he probably is a true *******.

Yes winning recruits well but in South Florida? If HS coaches hate him it won't be about going to a winning program anymore. Plenty of winning programs recruit South Florida.

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Holding his own isn't great
he has 1 of the best QB's in nation too, when he leaves what happens?

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

Maybe you said the same thing about his offense after he left Tebow. Prescott was perfect for his system and he found him, got him to go to MSU and groomed him for success. I think he'll probably go and do it again.

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

gets murked by ranked teams

again 2 best wins are vs 5 loss overrated teams and then he shlt the bed

A real potato meeting broke out in here, wow.

Do you hash browns realize Jimmy Johnson was also a brash, angry, mean, son of a bltch that rode his players like Grand Canyon donkeys? If this group was doing the hiring in '84 they would've asked Jimmy to leave the interview and spent the next 2 hours doing trust falls and deep breathing exercises.

Advertisement
This program needs an *******.

So, where's Frenk in all this? Isn't he the president of this school? He may want to keep his skirt clean, but when there's a **** storm all around you, you've got to do more than get an even suntan.

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

These idiots are clueless. Not hiring Mullen to be a psychiatrist. We already had one sports psychologist who was a complete ***. They want a coach who wins the press conference, not football games.

Close to time to jump ship.

please do not degrade psychology like that...AG IS NOT a sports psychologists...you need a doctorate to be a psychologists. AG had a masters in sports psychology...that degree in and of itself is worthless

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you hash browns realize Jimmy Johnson was also a brash, angry, mean, son of a bltch that rode his players like Grand Canyon donkeys? If this group was doing the hiring in '84 they would've asked Jimmy to leave the interview and spent the next 2 hours doing trust falls and deep breathing exercises.

care about his non quality wins than him
he isn't a big time coach

Advertisement

Amen.

Miami football is dunzo. Donna won.

The media has a clear agenda. They are basically ****ting on everyone but Mario, Schiano, and Richt.

I'm well aware of Jimmy's background. The only person showing their ignorance is you.
My point is Mullen is not a good fit in my opinion. We can do much better.

Mullen isn't a good fit based on what? That he's a "hillbilly" from New England?

Take your football chick comments elsewhere.

I love JJ and like Mullen. But cultural fit is important. JJ is a good fit here and Mullen probably is, too.

I like the brashness and attitude. That's what we need.

Advertisement
Back