Mullen too brash for Miami

Then you have Porter saying this:

Since Saturday, UM has interviewed Richt, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano and Butch Davis, sources said. Mullen, 43, is believed to be Miami’s second choice.

Advertisement
A real potato meeting broke out in here, wow.

Do you hash browns realize Jimmy Johnson was also a brash, angry, mean, son of a bltch that rode his players like Grand Canyon donkeys? If this group was doing the hiring in '84 they would've asked Jimmy to leave the interview and spent the next 2 hours doing trust falls and deep breathing exercises.

Jimmy told the President and AD to go **** themselves.

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

These idiots are clueless. Not hiring Mullen to be a psychiatrist. We already had one sports psychologist who was a complete ***. They want a coach who wins the press conference, not football games.

Close to time to jump ship.

please do not degrade psychology like that...AG WAS NOT a sports psychologists...you need a doctorate to be a psychologists. AG had a masters in sports psychology...that degree in and of itself is worthless

Wasn't degrading psychologists at all. Considering I am a psychiatrist, why would I do that? Tre: My meaning was, we aren't looking for someone with good therapeutic rapport and beside manner, someone to be Miami journalist's sweetheart. BOT need to stop trying to win the press conference and stick to football.

And he sucks
Hasn't beat a team that finished with 10 wins

1 season he finished better than 4th in his division

a good run in 2014 beating very overated 5 loss teams ended by losing 3 of 4 including a beat down by Ga tech

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

His best wins are against 5 loss Auburn and LSU in 2014
so your saying he is average? ok

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

Holding his own isn't great
he has 1 of the best QB's in nation too, when he leaves what happens?

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

If you weren't so obtuse you'd realize Prescott is great BECAUSE of Mullen. Prescott couldn't throw a football into the ocean from a pier when he got there.

I'd prefer to have an ******* as coach. "Too brash" should never be a statement made about a potential Miami coach

Advertisement
I still can't wrap my head around this.

We think a football coach is too brash for us. The program that had a rule named after it for being too brash on the field, thinks a coach is too brash. The NCAA specifically created a rule because this program was being too arrogant and brazen in their celebrations, but Dan Mullen is too brash. The program that made a living on kicking team's asses, running up the score, and taunting everyone is turned off by an *******? The fatigue wearing, mascot brawling, outlaw program of college football is passing on a coach because he's too ****y?

Shut it down.

You realize that MSU's all time record is below .500. Mullen's is over .600 in an era where the SEC West has been strong as ever. Guy can coach

Theres only been one coach since the second world war to even go .500 as a MSU coach in his tenure. (Bob Tyler went .545 in 7 seasons during the 70's.) You almost have no shot winning there and Mullens holding his own

again not an elite coach, I have been too harsh, he is a good coach just not what we need

If you weren't so obtuse you'd realize Prescott is great BECAUSE of Mullen. Prescott couldn't throw a football into the ocean from a pier when he got there.

So why cant Mullen win big games?
why cant he beat ranked teams?
why does his team finish neat the bottom of the division every year besides last year when division was down and he still CHOKED

Why are we talking about this average guy?

Again, guys, they were talking about the 2010 search with Mullen being too brash. Chill.

Maybe you said the same thing about his offense after he left Tebow. Prescott was perfect for his system and he found him, got him to go to MSU and groomed him for success. I think he'll probably go and do it again.

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

gets murked by ranked teams

again 2 best wins are vs 5 loss overrated teams and then he shlt the bed

Look at the body of work. The last time Mississippi State's seen success anywhere near Mullen's there were German U-boats patrolling the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Maybe you said the same thing about his offense after he left Tebow. Prescott was perfect for his system and he found him, got him to go to MSU and groomed him for success. I think he'll probably go and do it again.

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

Look at the body of work. The last time Mississippi State has seen success anywhere near Mullen's there were German U-boats patrolling the Atlantic.

Yes and Golden turned Temple around, Schiano Rutgers, fuente Memphis etc
Mullen looks average to me and I guess to everyone else, he is still at Miss st for a reason

Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen — the former UF offensive coordinator who coached Tim Tebow and has been lauded for resurrecting the Bulldogs’ program with a 54-35 record in seven seasons — also has interviewed for the job, sources said, as he did before Golden was hired.

One source said that at least one person heavily involved in the search described Mullen as a bit “brash,” and that it rubbed that person the wrong way.

Three of the four main finalists for UM coaching job have ties to Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I hate these people

These idiots are clueless. Not hiring Mullen to be a psychiatrist. We already had one sports psychologist who was a complete ***. They want a coach who wins the press conference, not football games.

Close to time to jump ship.

please do not degrade psychology like that...AG WAS NOT a sports psychologists...you need a doctorate to be a psychologists. AG had a masters in sports psychology...that degree in and of itself is worthless

Wasn't degrading psychologists at all. Considering I am a psychiatrist, why would I do that? Tre: My meaning was, we aren't looking for someone with good therapeutic rapport and beside manner, someone to be Miami journalist's sweetheart. BOT need to stop trying to win the press conference and stick to football.

I get ya.....my point was that it is degrading to my profession (Im a psychologist) to suggest that AG is a psychologist. Dont want to be associated with that loser in any way

I feel you...we dont need a therapist as HC rather we need a savage, mean SOB who wants to win.

this made me LOL

Advertisement

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

Look at the body of work. The last time Mississippi State has seen success anywhere near Mullen's there were German U-boats patrolling the Atlantic.

Mullen looks average to me and I guess to everyone else, he is still at Miss st for a reason

Mullen did this in the SEC, which is clearly not a G5 conference.

First: Why does everyone think that ******* = great coach.

Second: There is lot of risk with Mullen. He is a "shooting star" of this moment. But he hasn't PROVED anything, just potential.

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

Mullen did this in the SEC, which is clearly not a G5 conference.

Did what again?
consistently lose 4-6 games a year finish in 4th in division?

Advertisement
First: Why does everyone think that ******* = great coach.

Second: There is lot of risk with Mullen. He is a "shooting star" of this moment. But he hasn't PROVED anything, just potential.
Thank you he hasnt proven anything

you don't pass on Butch who would bring in a great staff for an average coach that my be good

He's the 16th highest paid coach in college football. That's why he still there.

He makes more than the last 2 guys Florida has hired ...

and not win big games?
He hasn't beaten anyone

Advertisement
Back