MSU Mass Exodus: Do we take any?

So Leach should be celebrated for having a signature win? Should we also celebrate him giving Arkansas their first conference win since October 2017? Why do you think Manny sucks at 5-1, but Leach is good at 1-3? Leach has been coaching for what 15 years? How many conference championships does he have?
Good points. No, but Leach just arrived at MSU And only played a handful of games. I would not choose Leach as our HC, but if the choice was only between Manny and Leach before last year, I would have chosen Leach over Manny.

Advertisement
Leach is purging the roster and a lot of guys who were brought in to play the old system (Moorehead ran the same offense as his predecessor, Dan Mullen) aren’t interested in playing in his offense. One of those QB transfers was moved to HBack on the first week of practice. In 3 or 4 years Leach will have a roster full of his guys (lightly recruited, small receivers that have no other P5 options) and he’ll have the MSU program right back to 7 or 8 wins. Which, ironically is where they were before they hired him.

So Leach should be celebrated for having a signature win? Should we also celebrate him giving Arkansas their first conference win since October 2017? Why do you think Manny sucks at 5-1, but Leach is good at 1-3? Leach has been coaching for what 15 years? How many conference championships does he have?
LOL at LSU 2020 being a "signature win." Gonna be a lot of guys with "signature wins" this year. Folden beat Ohio Taint and UF. He must be a genius too.

LOL at LSU 2020 being a "signature win." Gonna be a lot of guys with "signature wins" this year. Folden beat Ohio Taint and UF. He must be a genius too.
That was the mantra at the Temple of Leach.

The guy will never have a championship.

Advertisement
DyhCevmX4AEFKjT.jpg

DyhCevnWsAAsRlU.jpg

Bring Jamari back too

Advertisement
If "fixing locker room issues" leaves your rooster with 50 scholly players, you are fooked sideways.

The Portal is going to lead to that at times. Not 50 but 70. If you can only sign 100 over 4 years but lose 5 to transfer/draft, the MAX you have is 80. Miami and others lose more than 5 per year. Very few players redshirt and stay 5 years so i'm not building that in.

Coaches trying to be "tough" run that risk of low roster numbers if they push too hard. It's why the IC rules needs to be changed.

Coaches need to have the freedom to play the best player period and build their program with proper culture and accountability. Yes, they have to properly manage a roster, manage personalities, hold themselves and their staff accountable and do it the right way.....but they can't feel cornered by upperclassmen saying i waited to play so play me or i'll transfer, or younger kids saying i'm better, so play me or i'm gone. That only leads to locker room and roster issues. If doing things the "right way" as a coach leads to kids leaving on their own accord (not the Bama push out that prompted the IC rule), the NCAA needs to allow programs some flexibility with backfilling slots.

Same with LSU. They had a historic year. Then 31 players leave the program, leaving them 49 scholarship players left. They bring in 24.....so after a historic year, they have a roster of 73 scholarships. That's almost sanction level. Now they had a top 5 class with immediate contributors, so it hurts them less than other teams, but the logic behind the argument still stands.

Thread Reply Ban- no p rhymes with analytics
OFFENDING POST DELETED.

SPECIAL NOTICE: Election Day & Day After Martial Law on CIS’ Eye in the Sky & Recruiting Boards

Be warned: If anyone posts anything - word starts with a P and rhymes with analytical - on November 3rd or 4th, 2020, it’s an automatic board ban until November 5th and 3 political warnings, which means that going forward, any warning for P rhymes with analytics will be an automatic 1-2 day board ban going further.

This applies to the Eye in the Sky and Recruiting boards. Please govern yourselves accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think MSU is just FSU but being cleaned out. The inmates were running the asylum and Leach has come in and done his “my way or the highway”. As much as I dislike Leach he does know how to rebuild (unlike Norvell). The first step is killing the old culture and purging anything and anyone who remotely isn’t on board with your goals. He’s the captain now and the guys jumping ship are most likely cancers or players who think they are special.

I agree with your post I’d just tone down the “cancer” and “think their special” part.

At the end of the day they signed on to play for someone else.

And if they don’t vibe with how Leach runs his programs it’s best if all parties evolved move on.

Advertisement
What was Manny’s signature win year 1? CMU? 6-7 FSU?
You can't be this dumb. Nothing I said has anything to do with Mabo Diaz. I ridiculed your brainless statement that beating a decimated LSU team this year is some sort of grand accomplishment.

You can't be this dumb. Nothing I said has anything to do with Mabo Diaz. I ridiculed your brainless statement that beating a decimated LSU team this is some sort of grand accomplishment.
The narcissism is oozing from your posts, like some fat guy you claim Leach befriended. You quoted someone else who stated it was a signature win for Leach, not my comment, so don’t act like a dolt. I simply pointed out those bashing Leach are defending Manny, who is doing less with more, and at least Leach beat someone with a pulse, decimated or not, unlike Manny in his first year.

Last edited:
he made his name at Texas Tech which is definately the south.

Its what happens with him or a new coach...but more so with him he is gonna run off guys and not give a f*ck. The Shavers kid..how tf you transfer twice in 1.5 semester...getting his Asa Martin on

well said lol. Speaking of, how is asa doing?

Advertisement
Interesting that Manny has been here 5 years, two as HC, and still gets a pass by our excuse making fans to “rebuild” this team for another 3-5 years with a more talented team than MSU, but Leach has been at MSU less than a year, knocks off the defending national champs on the road, and people are asking why they aren’t making a run at a NC championship. Interesting logic used by some. Please remind me, who has Manny beaten that would compare to LSU....?
LSU is abysmal this year. Plenty to be critical of Manny about. I want Leach and his 7 wins a year no where near this program.

He averages a seven-win season in 18 years of being a head coach.

I'm assuming you didn't do much looking.

So in a 12 game season is 7 wins more than 5 losses. I’m assuming your reading comprehension isn’t very good. My exact words “not at an elite level but winning more than losing“

Advertisement
Back