MSU Mass Exodus: Do we take any?

I hate leach more than most but google “Mississippi State 2019 Player Suspensions”, grab your favourite bottle and have a lengthy read for the rest of your day. Whatever your opinion is on Leach that team needed to be gutted and guys made an example of. Whether he is doing that or not I’m not sure but that’s what should be done.

Advertisement
MSU is just FSU but being cleaned out. The inmates were running the asylum and Leach has come in and done his “my way or the highway”. As much as I dislike Leach he does know how to rebuild (unlike Norvell). The first step is killing the old culture and purging anything and anyone who remotely isn’t on board with your goals. He’s the captain now and the guys jumping ship are most likely cancers or players who think they are special.

I don't get the criticism. Leach took over a 6-7 win team, and you'd expect that some players who be part of the problem are going to transfer. Did it break anyone's heart when Jarren Williams and Lorenzo Lingard transferred? MSU lost a WR and some scrubs. Miami lost a 4 star QB and 5 star RB, yet most of us consider that addition by subtraction.

honest opinion, Leach ain’t mixing culturally with the south.

He reminds me of a Karen but with a shaft.

MSU boys command a certain respect, and I’m sure Leach has long crossed that line

Go back and look. This happens each time Leach starts a new job. Then after 3-4 years he gets his players and he starts winning. Not at an elite level but winning more than losing.

I mean pretty sure like week 1 or 2 he said they'd need to get rid of the guys that are causing issues.

If you have a non-winning culture, you gotta remove the losers. Simple as that. Meanwhile we have had year after year of locker room issues with mentally weak guys who are quiters.

Give me a break. Leach is a massive BS artist.

And by the way, tell me when Mississippi State has ever had a "winning culture".

Look, they play in a division with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and A$$-To-Mouth. Someone has to lose those games.

2019 - 6-7
2018 - 8-5
2017 - 9-4

Yeah, maybe MSU isn't a dominant championship-winning program, but that's not a team full of malcontents and quitters.

It's just Leach ******* with his players' futures. And probably insulting their girlfriends.

I hate leach more than most but google “Mississippi State 2019 Player Suspensions”, grab your favourite bottle and have a lengthy read for the rest of your day. Whatever your opinion is on Leach that team needed to be gutted and guys made an example of. Whether he is doing that or not I’m not sure but that’s what should be done.

Both things can be true. They have a rotten culture that needs to be purged, but Leach is also a clown.

It’s very possible MSU is a shltshow, that hired a shltshow coach.

Should actually be fun to watch.

Advertisement
This is one of those threads where you can easily identify the soft-shouldered Miami fans who would give Mike Leach a ******* AND lick his sphincter.

It's so pathetic to see so-called Canes fans white-knighting for Leach and acting like all of these kids are locker room cancers. Meanwhile, 4 of the 7 are freshmen and sophomores. And one of the freshmen is a guy that Leach signed in 2020.

And let's be honest, Leach is running off the two sophomore QBs (both 4-star recruits) because they were Moorhead signees, not because they are "locker room cancers".

Go back and look. This happens each time Leach starts a new job. Then after 3-4 years he gets his players and he starts winning. Not at an elite level but winning more than losing.

Begs the question, is the juice worth the squeeze?

Not to me, with a 3-4 year timeline.

Both things can be true. They have a rotten culture that needs to be purged, but Leach is also a clown.

It’s very possible MSU is a shltshow, that hired a shltshow coach.

Should actually be fun to watch.

Very true.

I just find it amusing that 8 guys (including Kylin Hill) suddenly don't want to be there, with Leach intimating that there are more to come.

Burn it down, Pirate, burn it down. If they only gave Moorhead 2 years, they're not going to patiently wait for your Year 5 turnaround.

Advertisement
Very true.

I just find it amusing that 8 guys (including Kylin Hill) suddenly don't want to be there, with Leach intimating that there are more to come.

Burn it down, Pirate, burn it down. If they only gave Moorhead 2 years, they're not going to patiently wait for your Year 5 turnaround.

He’s an entertaining quote machine that throws in a big upset every couple of years. I don’t want him a hundred miles near my program, but I’m happy to have him fūck up any other program he wants... especially SEC programs. Ideally, he would do well enough to be hired by another higher profile SEC program and really shlt the bed there.

Chess not checkers.

Seriously though, I’d let him draw up some situational offensive plays and send them on a PDF via email. I’d let him do that. That’s about it though. A long distance paid consultant role.

Once teams got more film of his offense against SEC schools they learned how to shut down his offense. LSU was an anomaly. Pelini played press coverage and MSU's QB lobbed the ball over the top for 600+ yards and people were hailing Leach as a genius. He's not and never was. Good teams shut him down. Since the LSU game teams have played man off and stopped his offense. He really only has a handful of plays. He just runs the same plays from different formations.

The culture was in trouble the moment he arrived. He's an odd duck that rubs some people the wrong way. That's why only lower-level P5 teams hire him.

His offense is super basic and easily defended by teams with good athletes. Look at what Jimmy Lake did to him every year. There are many people who have taken elements of Mumme's Air Raid and do it much better than Leach now.

You can't succeed at a high level in big time football with no run game. Leach still doesn't accept that because he's a stubborn **** head who thinks his way is the only way.

Advertisement
Hot Tub Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Where are the Leach Lickers? Still ready to rim the Pirate's Booty?

MSU is doing what we should be doing to fix any locker room issues. You don't wanna be there and gunna be threatening to transfer at all time and don't wanna put in your work, hit the road.
If "fixing locker room issues" leaves your rooster with 50 scholly players, you are fooked sideways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back