Moves are being made

Advertisement
Did anyone read the comments section on this article.

Holly Bananas Batman!!!! Who are those idiots. hahahah
They all have the “We’re an SEC team and are therefore a better job” mentality. There’s no planet where UK is a better job than us. If by better you mean never having a chance to compete for a conference championship or sniff a Top Ten recruiting class, then they’re absolutely right.

They all have the “We’re an SEC team and are therefore a better job” mentality. There’s no planet where UK is a better job than us. If by better you mean never having a chance to compete for a conference championship or sniff a Top Ten recruiting class, then they’re absolutely right.
Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Why the continuing complaint that a coaching candidate has only 8 or 9 wins stuff? What 10 0r 11 win coach is going to leave for a rebuild? Orgeron excepted.

These are the records of Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson prior to Miami hire. With the current CIS discussions, they would be unacceptable.

College[edit]​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big Eight Conference) (1979–1983)
1979Oklahoma State7–45–23rd
1980Oklahoma State3–7–12–4–15th
1981Oklahoma State7–54–3T–3rdL Independence
1982Oklahoma State4–5–23–2–23rd
1983Oklahoma State8–43–44thW Astro-Bluebonnet18
Oklahoma State:29–25–317–15–3

Wyoming Cowboys (Western Athletic Conference) (1986)
1986Wyoming6–64–4T–4th
Wyoming:6–64–4
Washington State Cougars (Pacific-10 Conference) (1987–1988)
1987Washington State3–7–11–5–19th
1988Washington State9–35–3T–3rdW Aloha1616
Washington State:12–10–16–8–1
Jimmy Johnson was hired because he was captain of a national championship team. He was an assistant on/or coordinator for Frank Broyles, Chuck Fairbanks, Johnny Majors and Barry Switzer. His pedigree was without reproach.

Sam knew what he was doing. And yes, he took a lot of criticism for hiring Jimmy and really got blasted after the 1984 season where we were embarrassed by FSU, blew at 31-0 half time lead against Maryland, lost the Flutie game, and could not stop anybody in the Fiesta Bowl.

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson was hired because he was captain of a national championship team. He was an assistant on/or coordinator for Frank Broyles, Chuck Fairbanks, Johnny Majors and Barry Switzer. His pedigree was without reproach.

Sam knew what he was doing. And yes, he took a lot of criticism for hiring Jimmy and really got blasted after the 1984 season where we were embarrassed by FSU, blew at 31-0 half time lead against Maryland, lost the Flutie game, and could not stop anybody in the Fiesta Bowl.
Oh yea. I was a little kid but I'm old enough to remember there was little patience for Jimmy. Can't imagine what it would have looked like if we had message boards. There was sports talk radio back then and it was ugly. Especially after the Maryland game.

Advertisement
I hope moves are still being made. I’m tired of this crap. That GT team sucks, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope we all aren’t the only ones that see it and the people with power know what a ****show this is right now. Oh yeah, recruiting is in the 50’s. But Manny is the guy!? What a joke.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moving right out of ACC into the dumpster. ACC might try to trade us to the AAC for a team dedicated to winning football games.

Advertisement
Back